Owning a Subaru and waving at other scooby dirvers

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2006, 08:10 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owning a Subaru and waving at other scooby dirvers

You gotta laugh at this.

Last week a mate of mine and me when out for a afternoon drink to a local pub in my car (I drove). On our way to this pup a Impreza driver was comming along in the opposite direction, so what do I do, I wave, he waves back. Felt all the more better after that

Then my mate says 'do you know that man' I reply saying 'no'. Then my mate says 'oh' why did you wave then?'

Then I said when you are on the road in your scooby and you see another impreza being driven on the road you wave to them hopeing that they will wave back (9 time out of 10 they do).

My mate says I have not got waved at before when driving my Ford Cougar.... (Read he wants to start waving at other ford cougar drivers

Then I had to correct him to say its a scooby thing.

Then he was very quiet for a shor while after wanting to be able to do it himself.

Old 28 July 2006, 08:16 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

All Scooby drivers should have CB radio's,set to channel 37

so when we pass, we can say EYEBALL,and have a chat
Old 28 July 2006, 09:36 PM
Bil
Scooby Regular

i was on A12 this morning at about 7:10am and a black scooby passed me with Subaru written in Gold on the side -- I flashed the light twice and he waved back

yes we should have cb radios
Old 28 July 2006, 09:55 PM
wilb
Scooby Regular

It was actually a classic Mini thing, you lot nicked the idea!
Old 28 July 2006, 11:35 PM
Sleazy Badger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bil
i was on A12 this morning at about 7:10am and a black scooby passed me with Subaru written in Gold on the side -- I flashed the light twice and he waved back

yes we should have cb radios
10-4 Rubber Ducky.

I wouldn't say 9/10 wave back at me. I know there was a thread about this recently but it's mainly the new-age drivers who don't wave back!
One even looked at me like I was mad the other day!

Oh well - wave on!
Old 28 July 2006, 11:48 PM
scottish_jim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sleazy Badger
10-4 Rubber Ducky.

I wouldn't say 9/10 wave back at me. I know there was a thread about this recently but it's mainly the new-age drivers who don't wave back!
One even looked at me like I was mad the other day!

Oh well - wave on!
It's funny that because I find it's mostly the classics that don't wave back. Yes I do the wavey hand thing, and I reckon 8/10 times I get a wave back, but I started trying a nod to evo drivers, in a kind of japanese car respect type idea, but it only seemed to upset them and they would take off in a sort of how big is my **** style. So I gave that up.
Anyway, Yeah Wave On
Old 28 July 2006, 11:51 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Every classic owner seems to wave. Very rarely do newage driver's acknowledge us common foke in our classics. ( They're probably p*ssed off due to the that they're 'superior' car, weighs 200kg more with the same power! )
Old 28 July 2006, 11:52 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scottish_jim
It's funny that because I find it's mostly the classics that don't wave back. Yes I do the wavey hand thing, and I reckon 8/10 times I get a wave back, but I started trying a nod to evo drivers, in a kind of japanese car respect type idea, but it only seemed to upset them and they would take off in a sort of how big is my **** style. So I gave that up.
Anyway, Yeah Wave On
Have had loads of 'EVO' waves, must be you're face or something!
Old 29 July 2006, 12:02 AM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I drive a WRX300 and always exchange salutation with classics . . Infact, I consider the classics far cooler than newage!
Old 29 July 2006, 12:25 AM
Criss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
Every classic owner seems to wave. Very rarely do newage driver's acknowledge us common foke in our classics. ( They're probably p*ssed off due to the that they're 'superior' car, weighs 200kg more with the same power! )

So thats there problem!

I wave at all scoobs!

I wave at porches too! I like knowing that I have a quicker 0-60 than them
Old 29 July 2006, 12:40 AM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

No luck here . Two weeks worth of ownership on my beautiful classic and out of a dozen flashes, waves, thumbs up not a single one back (newage or the better classic models ). Starting to think Oldham drivers just didn't get it explained to them upon purchase about the requirements of the Scooby salute . Still i'll keep on trying til some c*nt replies and i feel less like a tw*t
Old 29 July 2006, 12:48 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LongTimeLurker
No luck here . Two weeks worth of ownership on my beautiful classic and out of a dozen flashes, waves, thumbs up not a single one back (newage or the better classic models ). Starting to think Oldham drivers just didn't get it explained to them upon purchase about the requirements of the Scooby salute . Still i'll keep on trying til some c*nt replies and i feel less like a tw*t
Don't you just hate it when that happens?
Old 29 July 2006, 02:09 AM
Beev!!!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LongTimeLurker

Hey buddy!!
Know what you mean, used to live in Oldham a few years ago and not one person used to wave.... Since then moved to Cheshire and it's another story, there's a huge respect thing going on between fellow Subaru owners here....It's nice to see!!!
Old 29 July 2006, 03:51 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

you wanna try scunny. all the scoobs up here are always at maccy ds lol with there rich boy owners, using daddies cash to buy burgers. never get a wave or a flash round these parts. i still flash, will start the trend in scunny if it kills me!!!
Old 29 July 2006, 04:12 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Every classic owner seems to wave. Very rarely do newage driver's acknowledge us common foke in our classics. (
I own new-age and always wave.
They're probably p*ssed off due to the that they're 'superior' car, weighs 200kg more with the same power! )
Tell that to the classic driver who nearly binned it trying to follow me last night And me in a lardy new-age, and a lowly WRX at that.

110 on approach to a 90º left, turn in whilst 'box braking, straighten and apply brakes for 90º tighter right and roll through on brakes to apex, then back on power and up to 100+. Look behind and see no sign of aforementioned classic, but hear the screech of tyres. A couple of hundred yards in to next 30 limit watch classic owner catch back up with white face and brown drivers seat Chat to him in pub at bottom of road about his near-death experience
Old 29 July 2006, 04:19 AM
Anticamper
Scooby Newbie

well since i don't own a beautiful WRX myself, i am uslualy drooling at those that do. when i went to a dealership one day, they happened to have an 04 black used in stock. i am not to informed on different specs and stuff. it had a shorter stick and a nice lookin exaust. though the price tag was a lil to rich for my blood, my buddy had to pry me from the car so we could go. the next day we went by and the car was gone.
Old 29 July 2006, 10:03 AM
treehack
Scooby Regular

ahh the good 'ol scooby salute
Old 29 July 2006, 10:21 AM
wilb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Anticamper
well since i don't own a beautiful WRX myself, i am uslualy drooling at those that do. when i went to a dealership one day, they happened to have an 04 black used in stock. i am not to informed on different specs and stuff. it had a shorter stick and a nice lookin exaust. though the price tag was a lil to rich for my blood, my buddy had to pry me from the car so we could go. the next day we went by and the car was gone.
It wasn't in Huddersfield by any chance? That's where I got my 04 black wrx from.

How much was it up for?
Old 29 July 2006, 10:22 AM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Theres a guy in Harpenden (where I live) annd there is a guy that has a DBM Turbo classic and I have waved at him twice and All I get is a funny look (sarasquares knows the one Im on about here) So now when I am aout and about I have to remember that guys reg, so I don't have at him.

I'll wave at any scooby, sport or Turbos.

-------

My dad once waved at an evo driver and my dad said he got the mots funny look as the evo driver went past.

------

WAVE ON SCOOBY DRIVERS
Old 29 July 2006, 10:28 AM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Ere we go again! LOL. Another bloody wave thread.
I too own a newage and have no problem waving at classics.
My only problem is noticing 'some' of them, as they mould into the scenery more than a newage to me.
But i have always said on here, i love the classic sound, and if i see an immaculate standard classic, then they are awesome.
I am sick of seeing chaved up classics with **** poxy lexus lights and stuff.
FFS a work colleague has blue ******* dragons down the side of his. Chav.
Old 29 July 2006, 10:32 AM
wilb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MaDaSS
**** poxy lexus lights and stuff.
They come as standard on the 06 model!
Old 29 July 2006, 11:27 AM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The new age one's that don't wave are mostly company car drivers that have no idea on what they are driving
Old 29 July 2006, 01:33 PM
marmski
Scooby Regular

I will never wave to anyone with a car below a 56 reg because i think you are all cheap skates and from the doll queue and like stuff.

Only joking

I wave at every impreza i notice regardless of age / reg, i must admit though i have been caught by a couple of friends accidently dissing a few and not waving back... my response generally is 'would you like me to concetrate on keeping you on the road and out of a bush or wave? ' since this is usually the only time i dont notice / wave.
Old 29 July 2006, 02:15 PM
Strav
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
you wanna try scunny. all the scoobs up here are always at maccy ds lol with there rich boy owners, using daddies cash to buy burgers. never get a wave or a flash round these parts. i still flash, will start the trend in scunny if it kills me!!!
Head up the 180 to the land of fish and wave at me! no one has waved at me yet
Old 29 July 2006, 03:43 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Beev!!!
Hey buddy!!
Know what you mean, used to live in Oldham a few years ago and not one person used to wave.... Since then moved to Cheshire and it's another story, there's a huge respect thing going on between fellow Subaru owners here....It's nice to see!!!
hehe, glad it's not just me then was beginning to take it personally
Old 29 July 2006, 03:44 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Don't you just hate it when that happens?
Yup, feel like a right numpty
Old 30 July 2006, 05:23 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

just happened again - rejection!! rally blue 03 plate bugeye, nice piece of kit went past on some traffic lights, saw me a mile off, quick flick of the headlights to show appreciation of a nice car... what did i get from him??

bugger all...

i try be polite and all the scunny "cru" just block me. why why why!
Old 31 July 2006, 04:12 PM
reano
Scooby Regular

Just to keep this wonderful thread going I own a newage and always wave at any scooby I see. Real funny the other day an Evo saw me pulling out of a junction on a round about and he drove all the way round the roundabout and was trying to bate me to race for about 2 - 3 miles down a dual carriage way. Was it anyone on this forum last week in Tamworth by the Toll Road?
Old 31 July 2006, 08:47 PM
shoobydoo
Scooby Regular

Own an n plate wrx in teesside,always wave to classics and the new uns.get plenty of waves from the classics but the new uns just look at me as if im daft :so if you see a silver wrx new to the middlesbrough area wave back pleases the guy i seen in the red wrx on the parkway a fortnight ago "lovely looking car that" may see you at the meet tommorow
Old 31 July 2006, 08:50 PM
jaydut
Scooby Regular

im a new age driver and i wave back

Quick Reply: Owning a Subaru and waving at other scooby dirvers