Sponsored by:

Roof vent - scooby becomes a plane

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2006, 01:02 PM
nickejmartin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roof vent - scooby becomes a plane

When I bought my Type r it can complete with aftermarket roof vent. On the motorway the wind noise from this was bad not not unduly obtusive. One the Firestome exhaust was fitted, I could't really hear it.

Now over the weekend, my car has suddenly beome a plane about to take off. Noticed it first on the motorway on Friday when the noise inside the cabin just got boomier and boomier. As my wife said today, its just like an aeroplane taking off. Its drowning out the exhaust and I certainly can't live with this. First of all I thought I had ledt the boot open, but wasn't that.

But a couple of things

a) The car has had a colour change and the paint on the roof vent is bubbling badly - only started on Friday when the noise started - any connection?

b) Am I been fooled into thinking its the vent whereas it could be something else a bit more serious - bearings etc etc?. The noise is noticeable at about 30 mph and above, increase/decreases with speed. I taped over the spaces on the vent this morning to see whether this made an difference but nothing.

Any clues - can't stand the thing, so will proabbly rmove anyway, but I am more concerned if it could be something else. All window seals have been checked and seem fine.