v8voodoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Annoyed by Top Gear..!

Are they for real..??

Is it really this bad..??

http://www.topgear.com/drives/E3/A1/...sts/31/01.html

Surely not..?
Are the modern day hot hatches blowing Subaru away so much as for the Spec D to get such a bad review..?
Old 06 July 2006, 05:50 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

They sum it up at the end, they are getting too old for a proper drivers car.
I dont find mine uncomfortable and use mine on a daily basis.
Old 06 July 2006, 06:07 PM
robby1
Scooby Regular

dont think it was to bad,for top gear,i think they hate subaru`s,but who cares
i love mine.
rob
Old 06 July 2006, 06:11 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Red face

I never regarded Top Gear as the authority in motoring . . .Just think . .The target audience is a bunch of sad coffin dodgers (like Clarkson). . . .Ever since my teens, I have noticed a propensity with Top Gear . .Anything, according to them, that is not made in Germany, and is under 40 thousdand ponds, is bound to be crap! . . .That's why I stopped reading it! . . .Its just not very productive!

"It still rides so hard that the danger of biting your tongue off is only countered by the greater likelihood of swallowing it, and every time you select another gear, the powertrain still hooks up aggressively enough slip a couple of discs." . . .

Basically - I've said this before so I will say it again . .Anyone complaining about the Subaru's ride is IMHO unsure of their sexuality . . . . . . Gold wheels + blue paint rule!

Nice taliking!
Old 06 July 2006, 06:18 PM
COLZO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do expect from Top Gear - its a crap magazine and programme. I can just about put up with Clarkston but what the f**k are they other 2 about! I prefer 5th Gear myself at least the presenters can drive!
Old 06 July 2006, 06:18 PM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

Love mine too. After all its only a programme with presenters who are getting too old to climb in and out of the bucket seats whilst attempting to put their walking stick in the back!! So they find other ways of downgrading it. So this for you my Top Gear friends is

Anthony
Old 06 July 2006, 06:19 PM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by COLZO
What do expect from Top Gear - its a crap magazine and programme. I can just about put up with Clarkston but what the f**k are they other 2 about! I prefer 5th Gear myself at least the presenters can drive!
and look goood. Vicki Henderson
Old 06 July 2006, 06:20 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I prefer 5th Gear myself at least the presenters can drive!
Agreed . . .And may I also point out that one of the presenter also happens to be quite tasty!
Old 06 July 2006, 06:20 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

I find the programme quite entertaining. Much better than fifth gear who appear to copy ideas previously used on top gear.
When ever i have seen Clarkson mention Impreza's on tv he has always been positive about them.

Old 06 July 2006, 07:07 PM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

Agreed, Vicki certainly knows how to play with a ****
She can tickle my accelerator anyday.
Anthony
Old 06 July 2006, 08:18 PM
COLZO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The thing I detest most about Top Gear is they 3 sitting about and anytime they open their mouths the audience laughs at their s**t jokes its so fake. Star in a reasonably priced car, Stig and Cool/Not Cool cars - who cares! On 5th Gear they test drive cars, thats good enough for me. Oh, and Vicki...
Old 06 July 2006, 08:22 PM
haroldhettaturbo
Scooby Regular

I do like top gear but they do conectrate on squillian pound cars.

Would like to see a show on the old hot hatches like astre gte golf gti on to todays scoobys ect.

another 100k supercar does get boreing.

And they should have vicki b on so i can droool
Old 06 July 2006, 08:35 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

VBH does my head in as much as the fat bloke with the hair and neither can drive IMHO.

FFS she's an ex pro rally driver iirc, and last week she fcuked up big time when having a go at rally x. She either sounds like Marge Simpsons sisters (ie 60 **** a day) or squeals like a strangled pig FFS.

Most of the car programmes on TV all try to out do each other with the wit and banter and offer very little in the way of real world performance/info.

For me Plato is the only one who usually get the balance just right.
Old 06 July 2006, 08:44 PM
haroldhettaturbo
Scooby Regular

Or tiff, think he drives sideways more than forwards
Old 06 July 2006, 09:38 PM
406dude
Scooby Regular

really crap claim to fame here....met VBH's mum on Sunday, she is neighbours with my parents!
Old 06 July 2006, 09:56 PM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 406dude
really crap claim to fame here....met VBH's mum on Sunday, she is neighbours with my parents!
U lucky b4stard
Old 06 July 2006, 11:50 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by v8voodoo
Are they for real..??

Is it really this bad..??

http://www.topgear.com/drives/E3/A1/...sts/31/01.html

Surely not..?
Are the modern day hot hatches blowing Subaru away so much as for the Spec D to get such a bad review..?
To be fair the ride quality in a UK STI/Spec D is truely awful, why they set it up like this I have no idea
Old 07 July 2006, 09:24 AM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Now this may get me flamed but I don't disagree with Top Gear.

First off Top Gear isn't too bad to watch but 5th Gear is rubbish!!

Also the Subaru isn't very special like it used to be 10 or so years ago! If you buy a spec D it look like your normal everyday boring saloon. Subaru's aren't too much quicker than most new hot hatches and everyone who owns a scoob keeps saying they want to modify it!

If you leave it standard you'll struggle to beat alot of cars. Think back 10 years and you'd never hear of hot hatches keeping up with scoobs!!

I DO have a scoob and think its excellent BUT i went down the route of modifying the power because the standard STI 265bhp didn't cut it.

I've had 4 scoobs now and personally unless your running at least 300+bhp you'll never beat the newage hot hatches by much.
Old 07 July 2006, 09:45 AM
94impreza
Scooby Regular

I like Top Gear, and as an ex-mechanic i know to ignore the factory-power-claims or top speed "claims". Its basically what its supposed to be, entertaining. I couldn't care less if clarkson hates scoobs, i love mine and him having the nerve to suggest its not up to scratch won't make me bitter enough to slate the proggramme. Think back to the days when top gear was only half hour and with complete ****'s like Steve Berry. Fifth gear is just made up of ex-top gear rejects, VBH is ugly (think its probably only bug-eye owners that say they like her) and stuck up (remember mummy mummy mummy in the lambo ?) the big fella is only on there because he's mates with Ewan Macregor and i have no idea who the other chap is. I have a lot of respect for Tiff, he can drive but he bores me.

Oh and Clarkson hates 911's, so he does have some sense.

Last edited by 94impreza; 07 July 2006 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07 July 2006, 09:51 AM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Talking

I don't think Top Gear hates Scoobs. If you go back a few of years. He tested the 03STI against the EVO. The EVO beat the Scoob in pretty much all departments but Clarkson and the hamster still said they would take home the scoob for an everyday car.
Old 07 July 2006, 09:56 AM
AllyJ
Scooby Regular

Oddly I dont consider an STI or WRX out of the box standard LOL to my mind an impreza with ppp fitted is standard to me, kinda weird way to think but their ya go, an STI ppp will pretty much put all hot hatches in its place more than easily.

As for top gear its a long since stopped being a serious show about reviewing cars the public owns or could own, its now a fashion parade for stupid super cars that virtually none of us will ever drive or own,all it does it gives the likes of clarkson and co the chance to increase their packet size driving all these cars at of course our expense.
Old 07 July 2006, 09:58 AM
st3ph3n
Scooby Regular

The review is too short to be any good. You don't buy a scoob for the interior or the styling, you buy it for the fact that it is - and I qutoe the article - "stunningly quick".

Unfortunately he only mentions performance once, so the review is entirely without merrit. Anyone who makes their mind up about the car after reading that shouldn't be thinking about one in the first place.
Old 07 July 2006, 10:01 AM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

5th gear is turd. top gear all the way!
Old 07 July 2006, 10:12 AM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Unless i've read that review wrong it isn't a bad review, far from it (aside from the interior comments).
Old 07 July 2006, 10:16 AM
wbm3
Scooby Regular

That review is spot on!
Old 07 July 2006, 10:24 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

EVO mag pitched the ST1 D against the Mazda 6 MPS. The STi was deemed the best, given it's "old". EVO I think is much more of a performance/driver focused mag as opposed to TG. But, JC loved the P2.
Old 07 July 2006, 10:47 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nik52wrx
They sum it up at the end, they are getting too old for a proper drivers car.
I dont find mine uncomfortable and use mine on a daily basis.
"Drivers car" ???

Behave!
Old 07 July 2006, 12:13 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by alwong
Think back 10 years and you'd never hear of hot hatches keeping up with scoobs!!

I DO have a scoob and think its excellent BUT i went down the route of modifying the power because the standard STI 265bhp didn't cut it.
Right . . .So here's the million dollar question for Althong . . .Exactly what hothatches are supposed to keep up with me? . .Please elaborate, because I have not really seen one yet . .

And its really funny how with my underpowered 265 break, I still manage to dust off most of the opposition, and what's even more frightening is that 9 out of ten times people see the Scoob and simply move out of the way . . .

Its been nice talking!
Old 07 July 2006, 12:17 PM
AllyJ
Scooby Regular

the more iritating are the posts that say my clio (modified) beats your std wrx....yeah ok..oddly you dont see many my modified hot hatch [insert here] beat your modified scooby...oddly becasue they dont
Old 07 July 2006, 12:21 PM
wilb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 94impreza
VBH is stuck up (remember mummy mummy mummy in the lambo ?) I have a lot of respect for Tiff, he can drive but he bores me.
Really agree with that. That episode REALLY put me off VBH!
The only reason to watch 5th is Plato, I rate him. I can't stand Tiff though.

Top Gear's still the best one to watch but I think JC's got a bit full of himself recently, it seems to be his show now rather than a group thing. I like all the presenters on Top Gear though.

I saw the Spec D the other day, I really like it and to be honest it's the only STI i'd have. I'm not into the big wing, gold alloys, and bright/in your face interior. This is why I bought a WRX over an STi. Oh and before any of you think otherwise i'm still only 27.

Quick Reply: Annoyed by Top Gear..!