Cool

Pete

How was the flight home ?
Old 24 October 2000, 12:32 AM
Kev
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pete,

I have to agree totally, the in-car footage shows he was committed 110%, the speed at which he was having to take the notes in was amazing, yet totally in control ..... amazing.
The little Pug's are without doubt the ones to beat on tarmac, so quick and nimble and seem to be forgiving at speed ... no one can overturn their lead once they get one, RB was close at times but no matter how much he tried just could not get ahead .... Oz and GB will be a different story .. lets face it you can't beat an Impreza mid-air over the Bunnings Jumps, mind goes back to McRae a few years back and an absolute committed run through they were so fast and high the in-car was amazing, Nicky's first words after stage finish was " How high was that .... !! " brilliant.

c'mon Richard .... Oz and GB left the Pugs should'nt stand a chance ..... but the Focus of McRae ........ now there's athought

K
Old 24 October 2000, 08:55 AM
Kev
Scooby Regular

Question

Hi all,

After watching Eurosports coverage of the weekends San Remo I'm at a total loss as to how Richards car survived ( well almost ) 40km, most full tilt without any coolant other than engine oil

It only finally stopped when he was in some sort of jam and would'nt start ( yes it still turned over ). I have to admit the oil they dropped at the service was smoking as it left the sump it was that hot but ...

1. How can it survive so long without putting a conrod through the side ?
2. I know oil is used as a coolant but surely it can't be that good.
3. How did it hold together for so long ??

From personal experience, I lost a core plug in a CVH engine and missed the temp guage rise shortly before it fell as it lost the water .... it only lasted a few hundred yards before it stalled and siezed as I changed gear ..... Engine experts it's over to you ....

K
Old 24 October 2000, 08:57 AM
rsquire
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Easy Mate..

He wasn't paying main dealer charges

Richard
Old 24 October 2000, 09:50 AM
Ray T
Scooby Regular

kev,
i had an astra a number of years back, and lost all my coolant when a waterpump seal went, this was cruising at 90/100mph(europe belguim before speeding kills makes an apperance), mobile 1 oil saved the day even after a hundred miles, fitted new pump back in uk , car had no probs at all.

ray t
Old 24 October 2000, 10:33 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Having just come back from Remo and having been in service when he returned, I can say it was quite a miracle. The data logging showed oil temps of 160 degC and when it was taken out, half of it had congealed into a toothpaste consistency.

RB drove 3km STAGE miles with no water and then 40km road miles. Despite the off and having no water, he only gave away 16 seconds to Delecour on stage 11.

In the motor home Richard was beside himself. All that effort, risk and adrenalin had been wasted. For him to have been within seconds of the two French drivers at this stage of the rally was just incredible. I don't think I have ever seen anyone this committed and I am certain he would have taken second place. I don't think he would have won as Panizzi was rumoured to have been driving WRC cars on the stages for the past two months. This is what lead to Delecour taking a swing at Panizzi.

RB is a true professional and was able to sit and joke with us, an hour later.

Bad Luck Richard, but that's the tarmac over and no one will come close to you in Oz and Wales
Old 24 October 2000, 08:11 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Talking

<B>Panizzi was rumoured to have been driving WRC cars on the stages for the past two months</B>

Cheers Pete

I was wondering what all the fuss was about, mind you RB look well P'ed off when they stop pushing it the extra yard!!

Simon
Old 24 October 2000, 11:12 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

Too right! dammed froggy eyed b******

If his team-mate, and countryman, was upset then there must be something in it!

I would rather Grunholm win than that cheating git!

Good performance by Colin, despite his recent crash!

RB: Oz & UK definitely suit the Scoob, rather than the Pug.. here's hoping you can pull it off!!!

It will be a pleasure to watch 2 top UK drivers in a real fight for the championship on home soil - (even if it is Welsh)!

Chris

Old 25 October 2000, 08:07 AM
blubs
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by CharlieWhiskey:
<B>It will be a pleasure to watch 2 top UK drivers in a real fight for the championship on home soil - (even if it is Welsh)!

Chris
[/quote]

OI!

Keep talking lack that boyo and we won't save you a decent sheep

blubs

ps you can have mine after I've finished if you like

Old 25 October 2000, 05:34 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

Cheers blubs, don't mind seconds - at least they know wot to expect

No offence meant to yo' boyo's but we're just jealous you get the 'rali' all to yourselves!

Wellies on and ready!

Chris

[This message has been edited by CharlieWhiskey (edited 25 October 2000).]
Old 25 October 2000, 07:18 PM
Paul N P
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I was on the stage that Burnsy crashed on. Timed Burnsy about 1km B4 his crash as 10 secs quicker than Delecour and 4 secs quicker than the bug-eyed cheating frog.

Gotta be the most committed I've ever seen Burnsy anywhere. If you're reading Burnsy, I would get wider seats for the Network Q, coz if your ***** getting any bigger in OZ, you're not goin' to fit in 'em!

PS. Pete did you manage watch any stages or were you just supervising the fitting of your parts to the Scoob WRCs from the comfort of the hospitality motorhome?

[This message has been edited by Paul N P (edited 25 October 2000).]