False stamp in service book

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2006, 07:58 PM
r1chy99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question False stamp in service book

Hi

This is my 1st post so please be easy on me.... I bought an 05 plate STI type UK with Prodrive in October last yer, dealers demo car with approx 2000 miles on it. (Dealer remaining nameless to start with) I noticed that the 1000 mile service hadn't been stamped. When I asked the dealer he said that it had been done at the branct that supplied it so give him the book & he'd get it stamped, which he did. Now at 7500 miles & due a 12 month service so I decided to check & there's no record that the 1000 mile service was done at all! Oh dear what do I do, looks like they've just made a date up & stamped the book.

Any suggestions?

Please....

P.S Good forum by the way, car remapped to 329.8BHP Woo Hoo!!
Old 08 June 2006, 08:03 PM
suffolkdar
Scooby Regular

Well you could be on a sticky wicket..... The dealer may well have serviced the car on that said date/time.... they will have it on computer!, however if you have bought the car expecting the warrenty to be valid then you have **** out anyway! The remap saw to that,

By the way i got a little more from my remap!
Old 08 June 2006, 08:13 PM
r1chy99
Scooby Regular

Dealer's got computer records showing PDI, supply of mats & fitting Prodrive kit but none for the service. Are they just allowed to stamp the book & make up a date & mileage?

Oh poo, thought my figure was quite good from just a remap, what U got? Bloke that did the ECUTEK remap said it was un-detectable so warranty should be OK, do I still have a lot to learn??

Ta 4 reply by the way
Old 08 June 2006, 08:23 PM
suffolkdar
Scooby Regular

Mine is an ecutek too on a 03 sti ppp, It did make a little more but not much! lol, As for the dealers they should have a record of all servicing done by them on all cars, If the service was done they will have a record of it, On the warrenty front it's beleive who you want time i'm afraid.... i was told( by the mapper) when the car was 2 years old it would not be detecable and should not affect any warrentys etc...... But i was told by everyone else that they could tell and would throw out any claim for the car!, That is why i waited till it was 3 years old!, But i'm sure you will agree it turns a good car into an fantastic car!
Old 08 June 2006, 08:28 PM
r1chy99
Scooby Regular

Yeah does make a HUGE difference.

Sooo..... What you're saying is if there's no record of the service then they probably didn't do it so My car has done 7500 miles without being looked at since it left the garage & the service stamp is a complete lie. What a bunch of scum bags.... Can I moan to anybody about this? Tradin Standards? DVLA? DTI? B&Q? Anyone? Are they allowed to claim they've done a service when they haven't? I might try that, I'll not go to work but claim I did haha what a load of slackers...
Old 08 June 2006, 08:33 PM
suffolkdar
Scooby Regular

Any servicing i have ever had done at a main dealer, reguardless of make has been backed up buy computer and i've had a printed out bill detailing the work done, even warrenty work i have not had to pay for!, so dig a bit deeper!
Old 08 June 2006, 08:37 PM
r1chy99
Scooby Regular

I've phoned my local branch & the one that the service stamp says, they've checked all records & there's nothing to say it was done & thankfully the guy that sold it to me and arranged the "stamp" has left! Got one of the directors looking into it for me, he said that maybe it was done when they did the PPP but this was 2 months before the stamp said the service was done

Oh Joy!

Trending Topics

Old 08 June 2006, 08:40 PM
suffolkdar
Scooby Regular

well, what ever the outcome it's on your side!, it's a fcukup on their part so i wouldent worry....
Just enjoy your car as i enjoy mine! lol
Old 08 June 2006, 08:42 PM
r1chy99
Scooby Regular

OK cool, me thinks I'll try 2 get some free stuff out of 'em then. Thanks 4 yer help...

Rich