Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any rsowners web bods here (sorry scooby peeps)?

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2000, 10:23 PM
330sapp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if so then hello all!! the rs main message board is down (any one know how long for?) so i thought there might be some of you lot lurking among the oposition

bren
Old 20 October 2000, 11:50 PM
CC
Scooby Regular

bren i'm here (ChrisChester), dunno whats happened with the board. God it's been boring reading Scoobynet (joke).

Tell u what though m8, don't bother ever going onto 22com chat. I was really bored about 3/4 hour ago so i had a look. What a load of complete tw@ts (not all of them though). I went on there and tried to ask some relevant questions about imprezas but made the mistake of declaring i was an RS owner, of course the verbal then flowed .
Hopefully the RS BB will be up and running 2morow.

[This message has been edited by CC (edited 22 October 2000).]
Old 20 October 2000, 11:53 PM
Davy
Scooby Newbie

hi chris and bren,

i must be bored as well, just thought i would see off there was anything interesting going on over here !!! what do you think about the new focus ??

regards
Dave Easton

ps. hope you enjoyed the well lane day bren.
Old 20 October 2000, 11:57 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Hello boys

As usual, you can't hide from PTMW!

I too have had dodgy experiences on chat.22b.com but also some good ones However, it is not my usualt haunt.

I find it increasingly hard to keep up with RSOC bbs as there are so many new posts. Therefore am limiting my visits to 3 or 4 times a week. You guys must certainly be virile

Do you think Trubador has scored an own-goal?

TTFN
Old 21 October 2000, 01:44 AM
Paul Wilson
Scooby Regular

Sorry you didn't like 22B chat its my favourite hang out, but you can't take anything anybody says on there seriously. Getting called a w****r by er certain people, is par for the course and not serious at all, I get called a f****g student by Harj everytime I go in and I've just come back from the Ring him.

Part of the problem is that because we all pretty well know each other it gets a bit leery. Never mind eh, come in again when we are less pissed.
Old 21 October 2000, 04:50 AM
rsquire
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I'm with Paul on this one.. 22B chat is def one of my favourite places to "hang out with me mates"..

Now I can understand some getting a bit p'eed off with it but once you get the hang of it and get to know the "characters" then you'll love it to.

Yeah and I get unmerciousily (sp) wound up by a certain gent from Daventry as well..

All par for the course really and I'll get me own back when it comes to "contract renewal" time

oh and there's owners of all sorta motors get in there..

Richard
Old 21 October 2000, 09:37 AM
330sapp
Scooby Regular

thought there might be someone on here!! im just waiting for the scooby lot to start complaining that were taking over their board (were only borrowing it for a bit ).

CC

checked your car out, looking sweet. i love black cossies, my white one gets covered in cr.p as soon as ive finished washing it!!

davy

yep, twas a top day, just a pity i couldnt run my car properly. im going to brunters on mon to see what she will do at the top end, ill see if i can get some performance figures there (although with my luck itll p.ss it down all day ).

right, im going to the 22b bulletin board to fly the rs flag and see if i can provoke some flak!!

bren
Old 21 October 2000, 10:01 AM
Lee
Scooby Regular

I run the 22b sites so it doesnt please me when I see new faces complaining of this. Unfortunately due to work commitments I hardly ever pop into the chatroom - I'll have a look at the logs and speak to a few people me thinks.

You will find though that the folk on the 22b bbs are MORE likely to be 'nice' to you - we cater for cars other than scoobies (hell, we just like sniffing petrol for a laff) and usually the RS-slagging comes from idiots who have nothing better to do - we don't allow them on our board and moderate it highly.
Old 21 October 2000, 10:33 AM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Lee, to save you some looking up time, this happened about 10 pm your time last night.

Don't tell me you actually have logs of that thing though I need another nickname

CC, I was called ugly & fat last night (OK, I am). JF called himself a yellow plastic pig (BTW, I don't think you can accuse JF of being anti Cossie.) And most of us were not exactly sober (at least, I hope not )

It's mindless banter on there, and it was intended for that (so there would be less of it on the 22B.com bbs). I understand it can look a bit weird for the first time, but don't take it to seriously.

Theo

BTW: personally I thought you were trolling a bit, but that could be misjudgement of course.
Old 21 October 2000, 12:14 PM
CC
Scooby Regular

Hi Davy and Puff ! Davy, the new Focus could have been a bit beefier IMO, still nice though. But FWD???

That 22chat thingy was all a bit nasty really. I've seen Impreza owners come into the RS chat room and never get anything like that. I simply asked who had owned a Cosworth b4 an impreza. First my car was labelled ****, which was to be expected I suppose, but this was repeated, and repeated, and repeated...(u get the idea). But what really p1ssed me was when it got personal, being called a ****er amongst other things for being a student etc. Just not nice. Real funny guys, must be a barrell 'o laughs in real life. More like d1ckheads actually .

Davy and Bren (and Puff maybe ) - have a look at my car if u get chance...
Old 21 October 2000, 12:26 PM
CC
Scooby Regular

just to add concerning Trubador. I do hope that he continues to post on the RS BB because the bloke certainly know his stuff concerning RSs (far more than me) and is always willing to help out.
Old 21 October 2000, 12:31 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

What is it with these 22b guys? We all drive the same type of cars, 4wd turbo's, we get simular treatment from the public, police, government, a bit of mutual support and experience wouldn't go amiss.

Hope you enjoy your Cossies as much as we enjoy our Scoobs.

Lee
Old 21 October 2000, 12:38 PM
CC
Scooby Regular

'Here Here' Lee , they're both great cars and we all (well most of us) share a common interest in performance cars.
Old 21 October 2000, 05:36 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I was in 22b chat last night until 10.30pm Mr IT Officer as were quite a few other people.

The stick that Chris got from more than one person was entirely light hearted and a tease on his RS/Cossie/Student status.

As far as i recall, no one forces anyone to enter 22b chat and no one forces anyone to stay there if they dont like it. Its just a place where we all go and have a laugh i thought and take nothing to heart?. Shouldnt serious questions just be posted on the BBS?

If i took the same approach as Chris then i'd be on here saying i was being called a bitch (amongst the names i was called last night )

Sunil
Old 21 October 2000, 06:46 PM
CC
Scooby Regular

OK fair enough people. It's just that I wasn't expecting it. I'll live
Old 21 October 2000, 07:38 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Wink

CC,

If you thought the slagging you received was bad, wait until your on there when I am!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaun (The 22b chat, slag king!!!)
Old 21 October 2000, 10:55 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Wink

we all know your a slag Shaun
Old 21 October 2000, 11:13 PM
richm
Scooby Regular

Hi Bren, Chris 'n all you scoobys,
yeah, I lurk over here on and off, there's stuff to be learnt everywhere, RS/Scoob, who's worried, they're both interesting. I started here originally 'cos I was considering a Scoob before I got my Cossie, but for the money I was willing to spend I wasn't going to be able to get a good scoob . The guy I bought the Cossie from went out and bought a WRX though....
Where I live there's loads more Scoobs than Cossies , but hey, I wave anyway

RichM
Old 22 October 2000, 02:52 PM
CC
Scooby Regular

Shaun you wont be able to as I won't be in there !
Old 22 October 2000, 03:56 PM
Weaver
Scooby Regular

I am a resident lurker here too

Cossie's and Scoobs are both machines so who cares which one you've got
Old 22 October 2000, 06:05 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs down

lee, before you post statements like <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>I'll have a look at the logs and speak to a few people me thinks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> get your facts sorted out.

22b.com chat is for a light hearted laugh with like minded individuals, it isnt for mary whitehouse to moderate.

I am disapointed in CC, complaining on this BBS in the way he has. Would it have been so dificult to send me or the rest of the guys an email so we could explain the banter that goes on, on the chat server. Instead you chose to slag us on here, not impressed.

I have given countless hours of techie advice on the chat to cossie owners, dont come on and ask me for any now because you will get ignored, making a posting like this without the curtosy to find out the facts is not on.
Old 22 October 2000, 06:44 PM
CC
Scooby Regular

John i dont think being called a ****er etc is light hearted banter, maybe you think it's acceptable between friends and maybe it is between the people that you associate with, but
A) i dont know any of you and
B) i dont call my friends ****ers anyway.

i wasn't 'complaining' as such, if i was i would have went on 22b.com and addressed the moderators etc, i just wrote this in passing comment in a post to bren (330saph).

about refusing to help me? ooh handbags at fifty paces eh? i think i'll survive just fine thanks without your wealth of knowledge at my disposal.

if you guys wanna conduct yourselves in such a way in the said chat room then fine but try warning people first that you'll insult them, as newbies (like me) wont realise it's only 'banter'.

I'll never accept being insulted regardless of whether i know the person, in the flesh or over the internet. i believe in basic respect amongst people. I'm not saying change 22b chat, thats nothing to do with me, but it's not the place for me.

to you too

PS would any of you insult someone you'd just met in the flesh in the same manner? And if the answer is 'no', which i suspect it will be, what makes it acceptable to do it over the internet? Or is acceptable simply because you're sat behind your PC?

Old 22 October 2000, 07:12 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

i dont insult anyone on chat myself, the point i was making was that it's not the correct way to make a complaint.

If you have a problem you discuss it with the people concerned, you dont go slagging them off on a BBS.

By implication you called me a tw@t, i dont like that.

your loss chris.
Old 22 October 2000, 07:45 PM
CC
Scooby Regular

Why should I bother emailing them, i cant even remember exactly who was saying what? I'm not wasting my time emailing individuals who had just been calling me a ****er in a chat room so that i didn't offend them by posting on a BBS.

Did i name anyone, did i name you? At that time i did think that some, but not all of them, were tw@ts. Big deal. So what?

It was then later defined to me as 'banter' and i replied with 'fair enough', as you can see. Still not my idea of fun so i'll just give the chat room a miss.
Old 22 October 2000, 07:56 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

*sigh*

Old 22 October 2000, 08:18 PM
CC
Scooby Regular

bren if u read this please delete the thread.
Old 22 October 2000, 09:18 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

I have saved this page offline, so things can get real ugly if you want to.

Old 22 October 2000, 09:38 PM
CC
Scooby Regular

EH ?

Old 22 October 2000, 11:30 PM
richm
Scooby Regular

Chris, best to head back "home" i guess, looks like getting a bit out of shape

Rich
Old 22 October 2000, 11:53 PM
CC
Scooby Regular

maybe Rich! i only requested deletion because i didn't come on here to start having BB arguments with established regulars. Just a couple of parting shots as i go then .

PS Evil what are you on about? Put whatever you want where you want m8! It'd never get as ugly your reflection now would it?

PSS John how about converting my Cossie engine to 600 bhp for a tenner seems though you're my new best mate?

PSSS And to those who insulted me
"f@ck off"

nb. no-one can complain about the above as it is totally acceptable as defined in the rules of 'banter' .

Surely this will be assigned to the muppet bin anyway now?

Quick Reply: any rsowners web bods here (sorry scooby peeps)?