Sponsored by:

Wheel Woe!

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2006, 09:28 PM
a_little_feisty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Woe!

Picked up brand spanking new STI last thursday, crystal grey and had got the dealer to paint the wheels silver ... all going well until I went outside today to find my silver wheels were now flaking and were becoming increasingly gold!! ... Not only that, but my front number plate appeared to have "fallen off" somewhere other than my drive ...

Got onto the dealer and I'm sure they initially thought I was some dizzy cow who had curbed the wheels etc in order to see the gold ... anyway took it in ... an army of workshop guys surveyed the problem ... diagnosis ... some muppet in the paint shop had forgotten to prep the wheels therefore there was nothing for the new paint to stick to!!!!!!! Humble apologies followed and I the wheels were hastily swapped for a set of gold ones whilst they fix the problem! ... and the number plate was replaced for free too ... too bloody right!!!
Just to round it all off ... another speeding ticket in the post this morning so now have 6 points ... no road angel in the old car ...

Can I cry now????

No ***** jokes please guys!!!!

Last edited by a_little_feisty; 23 May 2006 at 09:40 PM.
Old 23 May 2006, 09:34 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by a_little_feisty
Picked up brand spanking new STI last thursday, crystal grey and had got the dealer to paint the wheels silver ... all going well until I went outside today to find my silver wheels were now flaking and were becoming increasingly gold!! ... Not only that, but my front number plate appeared to have "fallen off" somewhere other than my drive ...

Got onto the dealer and I'm sure they initially thought I was some dizzy cow who had curbed the wheels etc in order to see the gold ... anyway took it in ... an army of workshop guys surveyed the problem ... diagnosis ... some muppet in the paint shop had forgotten to prep the wheels therefore there was nothing for the new paint to stick to!!!!!!! Humble apologies followed and I the wheels were hastily swapped for a set of gold ones whilst they fix the problem! ... and the number plate was replaced for free too ... too bloody right!!!

Just to round it all off ... another speeding ticket in the post this morning so now have 6 points ... no road angel in th

Can I cry now????

No ***** jokes please guys!!!!

Get a road angel ......quick!
Old 23 May 2006, 09:37 PM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

Slow down abit!!!!
Old 23 May 2006, 09:41 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

i think the "*****" has taken a liking for your scoob, its taking a **** on the rear bumper.
cant believe a subaru dealership has made a **** up to that degree,........ appologies...... financial compensation is what you should demand.
Old 23 May 2006, 09:55 PM
a_little_feisty
Scooby Regular

Code:
cant believe a subaru dealership has made a **** up to that degree,........ appologies...... financial compensation is what you should demand.
I am already on the case...

Code:
Get a road angel ......quick!
Got one fitted already!!

Nic