Sponsored by:

STi wagon owners

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2006, 04:17 PM
j*bishop
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STi wagon owners

as many of you are aware unfortunately we in the US don't get the STi wagon. what i'd like to know is that if your wagons came w/a intercooler sprayer. if so, do you also have an extra reservoir for the water?

tia
Old 12 May 2006, 04:50 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by j*bishop
as many of you are aware unfortunately we in the US don't get the STi wagon. what i'd like to know is that if your wagons came w/a intercooler sprayer. if so, do you also have an extra reservoir for the water?

tia
Nor do we
You have to build your own
I never had a chance to poke around the last newage JDM STi wagon as they are very rare, so I've no idea if it has the spray system
BUT the good news is the newage JDM saloon has a spray system in the engine bay. I found this transplants very very easily into the wagon as the mounting points are common between the body types.
I initially tried the US/UK trunk mounted water bottle in the wagon, but it was a very poor fit.

Nick
Old 12 May 2006, 05:04 PM
j*bishop
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Butty
Nor do we
You have to build your own
I never had a chance to poke around the last newage JDM STi wagon as they are very rare, so I've no idea if it has the spray system
BUT the good news is the newage JDM saloon has a spray system in the engine bay. I found this transplants very very easily into the wagon as the mounting points are common between the body types.
I initially tried the US/UK trunk mounted water bottle in the wagon, but it was a very poor fit.

Nick

aaahhh thx for clearing that up. i'm currently running the usdm sti intercooler air splitter which has a spray noozle. being that our window sprayer bottle has 2 pumps. this is what i did.

1. purchased a jdm intercooler spray switch and wired it up so that the second pump would be spraying the intercooler instead of the rear window.
2. i also disconnected the rear wiper becuase ever time i pressed the ic switch my wiper would go off and start cleanin the rear window.
3. ran a line from the rear pump to the spray nozzle.