Sponsored by:

parallel import

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2006, 03:17 PM
bigbaz1979
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parallel import

What is the difference if any between uk and parallel import sti impreza's?
The car in question is a 04 sti

How does the warranty stand? Does it still have proper 3 year manufacturers warranty?

Have a read somewhere before that because it is an import subaru force you to have it serviced on shorter intervals to maintain warranty?

Is £15k about right for an 04plate sti import with 8500miles and 3 owners?

Had a shot in the car yesterday and the only things that put me off was the fact it was an import, it had cheap tyres although all new and the same brand, and had 3 owners in it's short 8500mile life.

I was told it was a 301bhp model but the guy removed the prodrive parts as he was not offered enough money for the car by the garage, and the car was back to original 261bhp. He then added it still had the prodrive ecu???Surely the downpipe and exhaust would not add up to a 40bhp hike?

the only changes over standard were 18" oz superleggarea's and it had a cone air filter/induction kit which made the turbo sound pretty loud.

The car itself looked clean and well looked after.

All advice and information appreciated
Old 10 May 2006, 03:22 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Firstly the service interval is the same. Every 10K

Secondly the car is either a ppp or it isnt. If it is it will have a certificate denoting this fact. If it doesnt have the cert treat it and the price as a NON ppp car.

Not sure what he is trying to tell you about the ECU ........sounds like he has had it mapped but not a proper ppp ......may be wrong though. It should have had a new fuel pump fitted, ask to see proof of that at least

Also 3 owners in 2 years is alot........ £15K will get you a proper ppp car me thinks. Have a look in the for sale section on here.

Other than all that there is generally nothing wrong with euro import cars.

Gary
Old 11 May 2006, 09:58 AM
wrxseeker
Scooby Regular

As said 3 owners in 8500 miles is a lot, cheap tyres says to me the owner didnt care about the car and if half the ppp pack has been removed its not worth buying when you could get a one with the complete ppp on for the same sort of money - all in my humble opinion of course !
Old 11 May 2006, 10:59 AM
comic cuts
Scooby Regular

Location: Holder of six fairy tokens, from the land of green ginger

If it's from a member country of EU (like Malta and Cyprus after 1st May, 2004) then it would have had a warranty which could have been registered with IM in West Bromwich. Fitting PPP would have invalidated the warranty from the country of origin as they don't recognise the Prodrive upgrade.
Servicing intervals vary on imports, check the service book that came with the car.

It sounds expensive for an import.

CC
Old 11 May 2006, 11:24 AM
fgn
Scooby Regular

I would let the import thing put you off... but the rest of the info should..

suspect ppp parts (fitted or not)

three owners and only 8500 miles and new tyres after less than 8500 shows that it has been driven really hard...

i suggest you find another