Can you help me please?

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2001, 09:18 AM
Jamie Whitfield
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hi!

As some of you may or may not know, I was made redundant in August following my previous MD deciding to pull the plug on his business after just 7 months of operation. This came at a time when I had just bought my first house.

After being unemployed for 3 months I am now getting rather desperate and feeling very low, so I thought I would try Scoobynet to see if you guys can help.

My background is of Operations Management/Marketing/Sales etc, I will forward you a CV if you could email me on jamie.whitfield@ntlworld.com.

I graduated in 2000 with a Business Studies Degree from the University of Teesside, where I especially enjoyed the Marketing and IT modules within the course.

I have recently until August, been working as the Operations Manager of Management Styles Ltd, a Stockton based company having been paid a salary of £24000 per annum.

I was responsible for many things including the general and project management and setting up of this fledgling company, the marketing, PR, sales co-ordination, purchasing and recruitment. One of the main operations of the business was to put on training events for Chief Executives and Managing Directors throughout the country.

Before working there I worked as Marketing/Sales Manager in a local Tarpaulin Manufacturer where I was allowed to implement various new strategies with great success.

During my time at University I held a position at South Tees Acute NHS Trust, where I was responsible for the co-ordination of work experience within the many departments of the Hospital, I also had the responsibility of distributing the Job Opportunities throughout the area as part of a contract with the local Job Centres.

I have ran my own business for over 2 1/2 years from 1996 – 1998, and developed myself greatly during that time in all aspects of business.

I am able to work within the North East but preferably thoughout Teesside.

Please consider me if you have any opportunities that you feel I would be well suited, my CV is excellent and I would be glad to forward a copy to anyone who is even vaguely interested.

Please don't block this thread, I know it isn't much to do with Scoobies, but if it help I have just sold mine!

Thanks very much guys, I hope to speak to you soon!

Jamie
Old 24 October 2001, 10:15 AM
Bingo
Scooby Newbie

We may have a position for you.

What age are you?
Old 24 October 2001, 10:48 AM
Jamie Whitfield
Scooby Regular

Im 24 years old, would you like me to send you a CV?

Old 24 October 2001, 11:04 AM
JayBee
Scooby Regular

Yo have mail, old fruit.
Old 24 October 2001, 04:05 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Wink

Jamie, sorry to hear this hope you find something very soon, being low in yourself to me is the worst feeling in the world, keep your chin up......
All the best
Colin
Old 24 October 2001, 07:14 PM
Spudgun GTR
Scooby Regular

Smile

jamie
i cant offer u anything, but i do hope you get sorted. i'm from stockton originally, and it was always a nightmare trying to find work there. i moved south at the age of 18 just to find work. 14 years later i'm still down south, but with my own little business, and its peachy being self employed is the best
it DOES get better, something WILL come up. with all the I.T. bods on this bbs, i'm sure someone somewhere may be able to help.
sorry if this isnt much help, just a bit of moral support.
best wishes
leigh
Old 24 October 2001, 07:38 PM
gaz1048
Scooby Regular

Jamie

Sorry to hear that. I too have been made redundant, 32 days after picking up the new wrx. doh!

Been looking all over, seems to be very quiet. I have found that laying in is the wrong thing to do. I get up and phone the agencies, review my CV and make a full day of chasing jobs, researching companies and generally working hard. Networking is the best way though which you are doing via Scoobynet.

Hopefully I will have an offer soon but goodluck to you in your search

Gareth
Old 24 October 2001, 07:42 PM
Jamie Whitfield
Scooby Regular

I want to thank all of you for all your kind words, when you are feeling like I am at the moment it certainly makes a big difference!

Good luck too Gareth! I ordered a WRX the week before I found out about the liquidation!

I know what you mean though, you have to make your new situation into a new job, that of finding yourself work!

Thanks again!

[Edited by Jamie Whitfield - 10/24/2001 7:42:52 PM]
Old 24 October 2001, 08:19 PM
Luke
BANNED

Jamie
Cant help ,but good luck. Also I hand it to you for posting your situation and trying to do something about it.

Luke
Old 25 October 2001, 12:10 PM
Jamie Whitfield
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks again!

Hopefully some good will come from it, and it already has as Jaybee helped me with my new fangeled CV!

Cheers!
Old 25 October 2001, 01:08 PM
Kippax
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Jamie,

Let us know if you get sorted.
Old 29 October 2001, 09:03 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Jamie

I wanted to reply to this at work the other day but didn't get a chance as I was busy.

Search for some of my posts between March and June this year, and you will see me in the exact same position as you. Spookily I also graduated from Teesside in 1996 with a Business Communication degree. What a fantastic 4 years I spent there Great place, great people, and good beer at the Dickens and Hogs Head

Anyway, at the start of the year, I had a great job at Airtours, on similar money to you, but my new witch boss decided to try and manage me out. I ended up leaving and was out of work for 3 months from June this year.

I have now managed to get a crap job selling websites, which only brings me in about £12k a year. I am looking for work at the moment, but also developing my web design business as a sideline.

My point is, I know just how you feel - I am probably at my lowest ever at the moment, but I also know things WILL get better. The best thing is it can only go up from here. And remember this:

"If you want to see the rainbow, you must put up with the rain"

If you want a chat ever email me on my profile, and we can chat about the Boro, and the fantastic fireworks displays on Stockton Quays

DW