Sponsored by:

Permagard 5000

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2000, 01:22 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Following on from The Waterless Valeting Company topic I found a review for Permagard 5000 while flicking through the current issue of Revs.

Permagard 5000 is supposed to be a coating applied to the paintwork which gives it a polymer shell (whatever that is!). This is supposed to protect your paint from "all weather, road grime, salt and whatever else you care to throw at it"

Firstly they wash the car using a special shampoo which is supposed to strip off all the old wax (Washing up liquid?? )

Next they have to apply the "Micacle Cure" (Their words not mine!) this product has to be applied using an electric buffer (I can see Mark Underwood cringing already..). They then talk about sealing the paintwork using a sealing treatment, again this is applied using the electric buffer.

Now this product costs £299 to have applied and comes with a 2 year gaurantee. Basically once you have washed you car and dried it you should never have to polish it again. Anyone have any views on this product or even had it applied or is it just another QVC reject??
Old 16 October 2000, 09:15 PM
SCOTTY
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Hi Joey,

I, as you are probably not aware, am the owner of my own valeting company in Hull called 'Scott's' and to be honest... do this and never polish again ?!?! (BOLLOCKS!)
I actually sell - only when asked - a product called SupaGard and also one called Diamondbrite. The local car main dealers sell this service for around £150 - 300!!!!!!
My price £25 - 75 depending on whether or not it is a fresh pack, as you get more than one car from them.
Now you're thinking would Scotty pay £25 - 75??? Would I F~@K!
You can't beat a good quality polish providing it's done regularly. If you don't polish your car on a regular basis your paintwork WILL eventually fade and oxidise thus requiring a machine polish and since Subaru paint is thin anyway....
Put your money away and invest in a good quality polish. All my Scooby friends recommend Wax Wizard products. I have not tried it for myself yet but I like the results I have seen.

Scotty.

PS: One more BIG IMPORTANT thing. Waterless valeting??????? I hope they don't mean it literally.

Picture this, your dirty car... Put polish on rag.... Wipe over dirty car... Spread dirt, dust and grit around mixed with polish... grind it all into your lovely shiny paintwork!

[This message has been edited by SCOTTY (edited 16 October 2000).]

[This message has been edited by SCOTTY (edited 16 October 2000).]
Old 17 October 2000, 12:59 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Cool

Scotty

What do you think of the Mer carwax products?

I've been using them for a little while and they seem pretty good.

Takes a fair bit of elbow-grease though.
Old 17 October 2000, 01:12 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Scotty,

I think you will find Mer and Autoglym being pretty much panned on this messageboard as they are far to harsh and abrasive. Using both of these long enough will lead to that lovely swirl mark look!!
Old 17 October 2000, 02:34 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Smile

IMHO
Mer is not as good as I expected.
Autoglym is not very good.
Turtle Wax showroom finish is good as it does what it says on the tin. And rather quickly too.
Minute Wax and Minute Cut was good for years ago when I was in a hurry.
Wax Wizard is the best I've come across so far.
Always on the lookout for the next one though.
Old 18 October 2000, 12:09 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Joey and Scotty

All these I have heard of b4 and have them in stock...one of each but not for resale.

If either of u would like to try a new product we have which is an Acrylic Paint Sealant and is so simple to apply and buff and lasts for around 3 to six months please send me yer details. I will happily oblige and send you a sample for some feed back.

Why have I not mentioned this yet? Simple ..I have been too busy but now that I have more time then I will do a press release and announce it formally in the trade.

Scotty..if u would like me to come up and demo and leave various samples please feel free to call me on 0402 822544 and we'll fix a mutual time and date.
Old 18 October 2000, 10:39 PM
SCOTTY
Scooby Regular

Smile

I have heard mixed comments from my customers on Mer most are not very impressed and as for Autoglym for what it is it is very overpriced.

The polish I normally use on mine is what I buy trade at £14 for 5ltr. It's very mild and easy to use and if you polish your car once or twice a week like I do the wax coat builds up and it beads like Hell-on-fire in the rain - lift up the bonnet and 95% of the water falls off.

Scotty.

PS: Do you know good polished paintwork produces less drag than non-polished - which means saving fuel. Airline companys know this too well!