What mods first? 03 STI

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2006, 04:52 PM
the trooper
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What mods first? 03 STI

hi,
As above, what to do first? suspension, Zorst or Ecu upgrade. its for an 03 STI with a hayward & scott free flow cat. any idea's anyone???

Last edited by the trooper; 30 March 2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old 31 March 2006, 06:49 PM
subarustel
Scooby Regular

Location: m25 and surroundin areas......need 500+horses again!!!

heres what i did:

car already had ppp, hay + s 3" all the way through angled out, blitz dropin filter. and pat map.

341 bhp 348 lb torque.

now gone back 2 standard though.

might b partin with my sti 4 a 996 turbo
Old 31 March 2006, 07:57 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Suspension first (AST/Whiteline T20 package from Powerstation), then a good tuning package. Speak to PS about anything they can offer (Milltek/remap etc) and then TSL (333) and WRC Tech (350/360). Oh, and some better pads and brake lines with DOT5.1 fluid will help too.
Old 31 March 2006, 07:58 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by the trooper
hi,
As above, what to do first? suspension, Zorst or Ecu upgrade. its for an 03 STI with a hayward & scott free flow cat. any idea's anyone???
I have a 53 plate sti with ppp/ tsl 333 remap. Originally wanted more power so looked at (and bought) a new 20G turbo with the plan to make approx 380 with other supporting mods. Then a certain Dave (Corradoboy) took me out in his car (WRX ppp) with significant suspension upgrades and realised his car would simply blow mine away on anything but the straightest of roads.

Needless to say I immediately sold the turbo and used the funds to get the arb; ally drop links; anti lift kit and ast coilovers fitted. Turned out these mods were at least £2k cheaper than I was planning to spend and the car has certainly been transformed. Thisnk I'll leave the power where it is for now!
Old 31 March 2006, 07:59 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Suspension first (AST/Whiteline T20 package from Powerstation), then a good tuning package. Speak to PS about anything they can offer (Milltek/remap etc) and then TSL (333) and WRC Tech (350/360). Oh, and some better pads and brake lines with DOT5.1 fluid will help too.
Speak of the devil..............cant believe you posted as I was typing. Small world/ forum.
Old 31 March 2006, 08:07 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Hi Rob

Nice to have you back-up my inane ramblings about power being nothing without control Can I tempt you along to the trackday next weekend

Oh, just thought, do I get a cut of that £2k
Old 31 March 2006, 08:23 PM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

Depends how long you have had the car. If you are new to the scene, then you will need to appreciate that these cars do cost a fair bit to run, even as standard. I am guessing that you will be needing brake pads and probably discs which will not be cheap. If this is the case, I would simply save a bit and monitor the expenditure on the car (or am I sounding boring!!!)
Old 31 March 2006, 08:38 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Stephen has a good point, I am fairly a new owner of a Subaru only 3 months, I also have an Impreza STI, standard. The car is plenty quick enough for me whilst I'm getting use to the power and the way it delivers it. Of course some poeple are different and mod ASAP, the only thing I have thought about is an Exhaust, just to get more of a burble.

Other than that I just want to keep up with the servicing, oil changes etc oh and plenty of Optimax.