Sponsored by:

Import warranty issues

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2006, 03:12 PM
pete1976
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Import warranty issues

Apologies if similar has been posted before, I haven't been on here a while........

I bought a Cyprus import MY05 Impreza WRX in December from Motorhouse2000 in Cannock. At the time of all the problems with the warranties on such cars (which all got sorted didn't they!?) I remember people getting letters saying they were/weren't registered on the warranty system. Should I have received anything or is no news good news??

Incidentally I've already had 5000 trouble free miles (touch wood) and am enjoying the car muchly!

Thanks.
Old 30 March 2006, 03:27 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

My understanding was that if the car wasn't pre registered they would honour the warranty. I suppose the ultimate proof is when you receive the letter from IM saying they have registered your car on their database if you have the letter you should be ok. You did register it with them didn't you?

Originally Posted by pete1976
Apologies if similar has been posted before, I haven't been on here a while........

I bought a Cyprus import MY05 Impreza WRX in December from Motorhouse2000 in Cannock. At the time of all the problems with the warranties on such cars (which all got sorted didn't they!?) I remember people getting letters saying they were/weren't registered on the warranty system. Should I have received anything or is no news good news??

Incidentally I've already had 5000 trouble free miles (touch wood) and am enjoying the car muchly!

Thanks.
Old 30 March 2006, 03:58 PM
pete1976
Scooby Regular

That was my question - should I have received a letter from IM?

I haven't registered it though - didn't know I needed to!? How do I do that?
Old 30 March 2006, 04:18 PM
wrxseeker
Scooby Regular

Do a search on here and there is a thread with a letter template.

Simply put your details in the correct places, get copies of the relevant documents and post it all to IM (Subaru UK) in West Bromwich
Old 30 March 2006, 07:25 PM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pete1976

Thanks.
You will have to ask Subaru UK to confirm that you are on their database and they will probably ask to see a copy of your 3 yr warranty/service booklet as supplied by the originating authorised Subaru dealer.

If you have a 3 yr warranty / service booklet issued by an authorised Subaru dealer in the European Economic Area then you already have a valid warranty. Subaru UK only need to add it to their database for some unknown reason.

The warranty situation was sorted back in December 2005 and it covered cars purchased by non authorised resellers such as Motorpoint, Motorhouse, Alliance etc for onward sale from stock to individual customers. Some non authorised resellers pre register the cars whilst others don't, but that doesn't make any difference to the warranty commitment from Subaru Europe.

Hope that helps.