Sponsored by:

Scooby virgin

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2006, 06:58 PM
Octopus Russ
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scooby virgin

Just bought a MY02 sti.. Very Happy. Ive had a few GTi's in my time, but nothing prepared me for THAT acceleration. Ive been reading all the posts. Fantastic site, Big congrats. I will have a lot of questions over the next few months, so be gentle with me .. for now just a Q on best fuel, ive been getting conflicting advice. high octane or just normal ?? a tank of each alternating ? will the good stuff give me a little more MPG as well as a few more horses ???

Oh, & the tracker that is factory fitted as standard,do i contact subaru to activate it, some friends are saying that i should wait till after it gets nicked ( perish the thought) & actuvate it then ..............no such thing as bad advice, just advice. Many thanks in advance, & once again Hi to all

Russ
Old 13 March 2006, 07:03 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

welcome
shell optimax all the time for that extra couple of pence its well worth it. i dare you to post a thread on what oil to use or wether to get a knoklink or not !!!!! go on go for it your new and they will be gentle with you.
Old 13 March 2006, 07:08 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Octopus Russ
Just bought a MY02 sti.. Very Happy. Ive had a few GTi's in my time, but nothing prepared me for THAT acceleration. Ive been reading all the posts. Fantastic site, Big congrats. I will have a lot of questions over the next few months, so be gentle with me .. for now just a Q on best fuel, ive been getting conflicting advice. high octane or just normal ?? a tank of each alternating ? will the good stuff give me a little more MPG as well as a few more horses ???

Oh, & the tracker that is factory fitted as standard,do i contact subaru to activate it, some friends are saying that i should wait till after it gets nicked ( perish the thought) & actuvate it then ..............no such thing as bad advice, just advice. Many thanks in advance, & once again Hi to all

Russ
Welcome, congratulations!

In a nutshell:

You get out what you put in.

You've brought a performance car, why compromise its performance for the sake of a few pence.

Mine always gets Optimax, I wouldn't use any less than SUL

Ns04
Old 13 March 2006, 07:09 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Welcome to the site .....

Kepp her filled up with Optimax / BP ultimate or that new tesco high RON stuff and you will be ok.

Enjoy yourself and dont take any notice of anything people like me say
Old 13 March 2006, 07:48 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

I use optimax in my MY03 Sti as the filler cap states 98 ron (i think).

Newage factory trackers are RAC Trackstar systems and you need to contact RAC direct for reactivation. The previous owner may or may not have left the documentation in the car for you. If not give RAC a call and i'm sure they will sort you out. Currently costs around 30 quid a quarter.

And lastly, welcome and enjoy you new car.

Nik

Originally Posted by Octopus Russ

Russ