Dissertation help (UK)

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2006, 02:58 PM
ispcarsurvey
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dissertation help (UK)

Hi

I am a final year university student studying for a BA (Hons) Marketing degree. For my dissertation I am looking into the relationships that purchasers of new cars have with both the manufacturer of the car and also the dealer. To help me with collecting the opinions of new car purchasers, I have set up a website that contains a survey – available at www.ispcarsurvey.co.uk

The survey is completely confidential and the results are being used solely for my university work. I am also only looking at this from the perspective of private purchasers and not business or lease car buyers.

If you can, please have a look at my website and if you know of anyone who has purchased a brand new car in the past 5 years, I would be grateful if you could pass the details onto them.

Feel free to post this on any other forums or websites where car buyers may be browsing.

Many thanks,

Chris
www.ispcarsurvey.co.uk
Old 28 February 2006, 08:52 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Talking

When you fininsh with yr dissertation, could I have a copy please!
Old 28 February 2006, 09:20 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Chris

You need to revisit your questions IMHO.

Some of your prewritten answers are not inline with the question.

i.e. How would you describe your current relationship with the dealer you purchased the car from?

My dealer did the following:

The dealer contacted me after the purchase to see whether I was satisfied with my car

Just because he called me, doesnt indicate a relationship with my dealer, just that as part of the dealership system (and payments from the manufacturer) he called me. I didnt want him to, he probably didnt want to call me, but he had to. Most dealers that dont will lose bonus as the manufacturer then has a third pary phone you up to check the call happened.

What do you mean by this question:

Was your purchase influenced more by the dealer you purchased the car from or the manufacturer?

How about the write ups in magazine, peer pressure, budget etc. Neither the dealer or manufacture influenced me. I'm a big boy that can make up my own mind.

Hope the above helps. Remember doing my MBA research and how hard the questionnaires are.

Jonathan
Old 09 March 2006, 12:33 PM
ispcarsurvey
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the feedback Chins. The questions are actually building on from some research carried out by some academic on behalf of a manufacturer (think it was Ford). Am aware that a relationship is not just a phone call but the fact that the only effort made was this (and as you pointed out, they typically have do a follow up call) shows that they are not, in fact, making an effort to build one. Looking at this because a lot of dealers are of the opinion that consumers loyalty lies with them, due to the personal relationships held but is this actually the case...

Would say that if peer pressure, budget etc is of concern then a purchase would probably be driven by the manufacturer. I know it's more complex than this but have to keep the questions as focused as I could, otherwise I'd end up going off in a a completely different direction than I intended.

WRX300MAN - take it you've got to do one of these? Might find that your uni will have copies of past dissertations to help you out.

I would also just like to say thanks to those that have taken the time to fill this in, it's much appreciated. I am taking the website offline tonight, so if there is anyone who has purchasaed a brand new car in the past 5 years (don't still have to own it) and can spare 5 minutes (prob less) then please go to www.ispcarsurvey.co.uk

Thanks again
Chris