P1 Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2006, 07:53 PM
Dave Blows
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1 Brakes

Guys,

When I upgraded to AP6 pots, I was going to keep the OE front brakes in case I ever sold the P1 and wanted to offload the APs separately. Not so sure now, esp as I could do with the cash...

Can anyone tell me what they may be worth? Four pots, of course, with nice red calipers (painted last year). Discs have only done about 5,000 miles, but I'm getting them skimmed. There was a bit of judder just before the upgrade - probably down to me religiously washing the beast and not drying off the brakes properly. Pads (OE kit) have done similar miles and loads of wear left (seem to be OK with no edges or rims from possible uneven disc wear).

Any suggestions (except rude) much appreciated.

Dave Blows
Old 08 February 2006, 08:00 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Blows
Guys,

When I upgraded to AP6 pots, I was going to keep the OE front brakes in case I ever sold the P1 and wanted to offload the APs separately. Not so sure now, esp as I could do with the cash...

Can anyone tell me what they may be worth? Four pots, of course, with nice red calipers (painted last year). Discs have only done about 5,000 miles, but I'm getting them skimmed. There was a bit of judder just before the upgrade - probably down to me religiously washing the beast and not drying off the brakes properly. Pads (OE kit) have done similar miles and loads of wear left (seem to be OK with no edges or rims from possible uneven disc wear).

Any suggestions (except rude) much appreciated.

Dave Blows
Bugger, would have had these off you it it was a month or two ago!!!

Don't take less than £300 for them, sounds like they are in good condition
Old 08 February 2006, 08:24 PM
Dave Blows
Scooby Regular

Default ta

Moley - sorry about the timing. The brakes have been sitting in the garage for a few months now. I should have had the need to sell 'em a month ago!

Yeah, they are in good nick; P1 had only done about 29,000 when I upgraded to APs and I know the discs and pads were brand new when I got the car with 24,000 or so on the clock.

And they weren't abused: I'm far to old to drive around with a heavy right foot on the middle pedal...

I think around £300 net would be about right - which means I'd probably have to sell them for around £375-£400 to cover the skimming (just over £50) and the post and packaging, which I guess might be fairly expensive as they don't half a weight a lot.

Or am I expecting too much? I don't really have a yardstick by which to measure the value. How much would this OE kit cost new from a dealer, for example? Or alternative kit (I gather the likes of Godspeed do their own set-up for around £700)?

In the end I guess it's down to finding the right person at the right time.

Dave
Old 08 February 2006, 09:55 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Sold my standard 4-pots from my 2004 WRX for £300.

Upgraded to the AP 6-pots, and I still think that they are the best mod Ive put on my car, It gives you so much confidence in late braking.
Old 08 February 2006, 10:35 PM
RB5 69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Sold my standard 4-pots from my 2004 WRX for £300.

Upgraded to the AP 6-pots, and I still think that they are the best mod Ive put on my car, It gives you so much confidence in late braking.
Ditto that .... sold the calipers on their own on eBay for £300 when I got my AP 6 pots .... couldnt believe the money they made!