ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

sadly the scooby will have to go...

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2000, 09:27 PM
munna
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

it has come to my attention that the scooby has a better equal....the car was in the garage for a quick shift gear install..the courtesy car that i recieved was excellent..low and behold..no leccy windows(lighter body weight)..all round visibility....no alarm.(more weightlessness)...full size spare..60 times 100 rev's..loads of torque..long live the citroen saxo!!!!.1.1 litre straight cylinder maroon thing!!!it's true...I love it..I want it....it's a must....need to do it!!!!...I am part exing it this weekend....any modifier's out there??..I was thnking of some 18's and some koni shock's...oh and I have told my dealer that I will be keeping my bonnet scoop....just to finish off the aggressive look of the SAXO.
Old 10 October 2000, 09:34 PM
DaveW
Scooby Regular

Red face

Munna,

You've lost it mate, I'll send round the guys in white coats to pick you up tomorrow .

Don't expect any more waves for me even if you have got a bonnet scoop on it.

What you really need to get is a Justy . I've heard that someone is going to do a turbo conversion. What a thought !!

DaveW
Old 10 October 2000, 09:37 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Compared to, say, a Fiesta a Saxo is a great piece of kit. The missus has got a 1.4 with the VTS suspension and it goes round corners quite well (managed to get a tailslide before). I think the 120bhp VTS would be quite a laugh in a car that weighs that little, and you can probably import from Europe for about 10k.

It's no Impreza, but then what is?

Conversely, the Justy is the worst car I have ever driven. I thought a Suzuki Swift was bad, but the Justy takes the Swift, adds a load of drivetrain loss and leaves you with it. Steering feels initially light, when trying to corner at >15 mph you are acutely aware of a load of 4wd drivetrain you have to haul round. That coupled with 4.5k revs at 75mph and an interior that looks like other small cars did in 1985.

PS: We had a Fiesta. The Saxo is streets ahead. I'm wondering if I should get her a Punto with the seven-speed sequential box next... (although a Legacy GTB might be a better option)

[This message has been edited by carl (edited 10 October 2000).]