Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

*YOUR* car in a video game ???

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2000, 09:11 AM
JohnS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

A video game manufacturer is developing a new driving game, and wants access to an Impreza to do some video work, and data capture.

You need to be available on Wednesday morning at Knockhill race circuit near Edinburgh.

Your car will be fitted with a number of F1 type cameras (window, front bumper etc), as well as some data logging equipment which will record various aspects of the cars performance.

The car will be driven by one of Knockhill's best instructors for 3 x 5 laps at moderate speeds only. Your car will not be driven hard or abused in any way, and you of course will be present at all times

The information and video footage will then be used to accurately model an Impreza for the forthcoming video game.

I'm afraid there is no payment involved, but Knockhill could be persauded to give you a freebie/jolly of some sort, and of course you will have the pride of knowing that when the video game comes out, that it's your car that was used in it's making.

Any type of Impreza will suffice, whether standard or modified, 2 door, 4 door or 5 door.

If you are interested, then please contact Paul at Knockhill, or Stuart Gray, and they'll make all the necessary arrangements.

Contact numbers at
Old 07 October 2000, 09:48 AM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds too cool to be true!

Assuming scoob is okay (see Drivetrain "Tickety-boo" thread) and I can blag some time off work, I'm up for this for sure.

Gran Turismo Rich