Sponsored by:

NEED HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2006, 06:31 PM
craigsscooby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP!!!!!

hey everybody recently joined the site and im in desperate need of sum expert help and thought this would be the best place to start.

i have a 1995 impreza wrx sti type ra and i blew the engine to smitherines whilst blowing the pants off an evo6. (atleast i won!!!)

ive been told by my mechanic to put a new piston and liner in as we know the history of the engine.BUT.....it turns out the boost adjustment was stuck open to full and he thinks it could be boosting at about 20psi. i want to just cut out the middle man and buy a new/used sti engine but i dont want to waist my money if i dont have to. would it be worth fitting 4 new pistons and liners? or atleast no1 and no3 as no3 is the damaged one. or just get another engine and have done.

if someone would please be kind enough to advise me on this it would be much appreciated. and then i can get my little scooby back on the road and send you all some pics to cheer u all up!

thanx for reading. hope you can help! Craig
Old 03 January 2006, 08:28 PM
ryn004
Scooby Regular

My friend had a similar problem with his Silvia. At the end he rathered have bought a used engine then fixing his. This is because along the way fixing his old engine new problem would arise. Just get a new engine, better yet a 2.5 from the americans!
Old 03 January 2006, 11:13 PM
Slowboy Racing
Former Sponsor

Location: 10.68 QT mile in 2007 2.33 Type R ** Current 2002 Spec C 2.33 Track prepped.

Yes you can pick up an engine cheaper than re building it. But you will probably find that it has been thrashed. IMO If you are planning on keeping the car i would have it re built for peice of mind.

Neil