Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New shape scoob spotted

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2000, 09:27 PM
andrew h
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was flashed and waved at by a guy in a new shape scoob this afternoon. It was in Hatton in Derbyshire.I thought they were not on sale until after the motorshow? It was metallic blue similar to reddish blue and I must say looked a lot better in the metal than in photos. Anyone else spotted any? Andy
Old 02 October 2000, 10:58 PM
Kevin2000
Scooby Regular

When I firs saw the car I thought it looked awful because I was expecting those legacy head lamps to be on it and not those round ones but over the last month or so I have grown to like the car a lot.Fair play to the driver for flashing you too.Over here in Ireland other Subaru Drivers hardly ever do it.Although to be fair when ever I see an english subaru over here they always respond.
Regards
Kevo
Old 03 October 2000, 07:57 AM
JT
Scooby Newbie

Wasn't the dealer intro taking place monday 2nd?

could have been one of those.

Jt
Old 03 October 2000, 08:30 AM
CPRU
Scooby Newbie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by andrew h:
<B>I was flashed and waved at by a guy in a new shape scoob this afternoon. It was in Hatton in Derbyshire.I thought they were not on sale until after the motorshow? It was metallic blue similar to reddish blue and I must say looked a lot better in the metal than in photos. Anyone else spotted any? Andy[/quote]

I also saw a new shape Impreza whilst out in Wales at the weekend putting some running-in miles on my new turbo. The car was pulled over in a lay-by so I stopped for a closer look. Was somewhat surprised to find the car occupied by quite an elderley couple who looked as if they were out for a Sunday stroll!

Truth was the guy works for Subaru, running-in press cars. What a job! There are apparently around 10 new cars in the UK currently being run-in prior to being handed over to the press at the motor show.

The car looks very similar in the metal to the most recent magazine pictures and having now seen old and new back- to-back I have no doubts that I made the right choice.

Old 03 October 2000, 03:54 PM
NeilR
Scooby Regular

CPRU

Spotted this Blue Impreza last friday (29th sept) @ new severn crossing. Same car??? i think so

NeilR
Old 03 October 2000, 04:12 PM
GavM
Scooby Regular

Wink

Blue one in Torquay of all places the other day. Not even any dealers there! Dosn't look any better in the flesh