Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do scooby clinic know what there talking about??

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2005, 07:11 PM
elmo505
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question do scooby clinic know what there talking about??

The only reason i ask this question is because i want a dump valve i know ur all gonna say there chav and not to get one unless i wana look like a **** rst driver but i like them, and i love the pppssssttt noise, i want one end of story but i was recently put off from buying an atmospheric dump valve by sn members advising me it would damage my car. but a scooby drove past yesterday with a dump valve and im now looking to get a few more opinions b4 i make my mind up. Scooby clinic advise differently and say yes it will slightly over fuel your car but not to the pont of damaging the car any body know if they are a trusty source of infomation or not. also anyone who does have a dump valve on a standard impreza have u had any probs since fitting it
Old 09 November 2005, 07:24 PM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

I hope you're wearing bulletproof pants, you're asking for trouble my son. Scoobyclinic, one of the most highly respected businesses on here. Get the bbq sauce ready, you're gonna get flamed

HTH
Old 09 November 2005, 07:28 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a vent to atmosphere one on a Spec C..... not something I would of had would it of blown my car up! Since then it has been removed, but only because of the noise factor and personal choice.

While issues have existed with VTA dump valves, it certainly isnt the problem now as long as a correctly spec'd one is fitted and fitted correctly.

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 09 November 2005, 07:28 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

I have the Blitz BOV on mine, personally i'm not a fan of the Bailey ones put it's all down to personal choice, if you want to get one get one, it's your car.
Or you could always let someone you've never met or live near dictate what your going to do to your car.
Old 09 November 2005, 07:30 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

They are not reccomended unless running circa 350bhp.

The standard recirculating valve is supposed to be very good
at it's job, but as said above once over 350 the diaphram becomes
a little to weak.

Rob
Old 09 November 2005, 07:31 PM
i8gtmf
Scooby Regular

If Scoobyclinic say something mate, they do so because they know, what they tell you is correct mines been on over two years and the cars running as well as ever. If you want one get it fitted
Old 09 November 2005, 07:36 PM
fatmanscooby
Scooby Regular

Just do a search i think you will see they are well respected
Old 09 November 2005, 08:04 PM
R25 sti
Scooby Regular

as ubove,myself and my mate travel 260miles because we consider that scoobyclinic know what they are talking about.i would highly recommend them ,as would my mate.
Old 09 November 2005, 08:59 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by elmo505
The only reason i ask this question is because i want a dump valve i know ur all gonna say there chav and not to get one unless i wana look like a **** rst driver but i like them, and i love the pppssssttt noise, i want one end of story but i was recently put off from buying an atmospheric dump valve by sn members advising me it would damage my car. but a scooby drove past yesterday with a dump valve and im now looking to get a few more opinions b4 i make my mind up. Scooby clinic advise differently and say yes it will slightly over fuel your car but not to the pont of damaging the car any body know if they are a trusty source of infomation or not. also anyone who does have a dump valve on a standard impreza have u had any probs since fitting it
Now that's strange feeling, having a phone call you have not long had with someone put onto SN

I think dump valves are an individual kind of thing, if you like the noise and it does not upset your car for you in anyway then keep it, if not bang it on ebay

Ads

Last edited by specialx; 09 November 2005 at 09:01 PM. Reason: yeah ok I can't spell!
Old 09 November 2005, 09:39 PM
jonjo
Scooby Regular

I have had my whole car transformed at SC with a EJ257 lump dropped in and Autronics etc etc and it still retains the Baileys dump valve on it to when i 1st bought the car.....i like the sound mixed with the flutter from the wastegate/filter.......oh and i know it sounds biast but they really do know what there talking about...thats why i do a 500 mile round trip each time i visit them.....

Joe.....
Old 09 November 2005, 09:45 PM
elmo505
Scooby Regular

to be honest when i first bought my scoobs i was dead cert i wanted a dump valve then was convinced out of it by sn members. but now after talking to scooby clinic and what u lot have to say about them im very seriosly thinking of getting one again. think ill be driving round with my new atmospheric dump valve very soon cheers everyone nice to see not everyone on sn frowns on atmospheric dump valves

Andy
Old 09 November 2005, 09:50 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

this thread wrecks my head,., get the damn dumpvalve and put it on, best way to find out whats best is trial and error and thats the way i go mostly, do not listen to everyone on here!!!get the hks ssqv which is the one i have on mine and doesnt bug people like most wooosh d/v's! it will not fuuuck up ur engine, driving the boolox out of it at inappropriate times will!!
Old 09 November 2005, 10:57 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by jonjo
oh and i know it sounds biast but they really do know what there talking about...thats why i do a 500 mile round trip each time i visit them.....
Joe.....
lol, only 500 miles , mines a 70mile round trip which i do nearly every week just for fun and even twice on Sundays but then again im baised too

Old 09 November 2005, 11:07 PM
Steve777
Scooby Senior

yeah but you have a mind problem anyway supporting a team that wears red !!!!

Steve
Old 10 November 2005, 12:06 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve777
yeah but you have a mind problem anyway supporting a team that wears red !!!!

Steve

Nowt wrong with supporting FOREST ya sheep *******
Old 10 November 2005, 12:14 AM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by flat4_ire
this thread wrecks my head,., get the damn dumpvalve and put it on, best way to find out whats best is trial and error and thats the way i go mostly, do not listen to everyone on here!!!get the hks ssqv which is the one i have on mine and doesnt bug people like most wooosh d/v's! it will not fuuuck up ur engine, driving the boolox out of it at inappropriate times will!!
Agreed. This site is fuc#ed up for this type of thing. Its your car. If you want one, get one. Don't care wat people on this site think, do your own thing!!!!!
Old 10 November 2005, 09:15 AM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Wink

Adam and scooby clinic are highly respected on here and are 100% trustworthy so listern carefully to what they would advise you .

but if you get a dump valve you have to order the burberry cap with the peak at the back so when you are driving your head leans forward .

This mod gives an extra 15 BHP

:
Old 10 November 2005, 09:55 AM
RichardPON
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonjo
the flutter from the wastegate
Schlaaaaap
Old 10 November 2005, 10:56 AM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

had mine on for a while. i get a few pops from the exhaust now but it doesn't seem to affect the running of the car. like said above, if you want one get one. also if someone as respected as scooby clinic have said it's not going to kill it i'd be more than tempted to trust them. (no disrespect to anyone on here)

i do not consider vta bovs chav. neons, and cheap "ironing board / drift spec" style spoilers on a car that has as much bhp as a washing machine and still running with wheel trims are chav to me.
Old 10 November 2005, 11:45 AM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

ive had mine on for ages never had a problem sounds even better if you take the blanking plate off your vent