Sponsored by:

Water on drive !

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2005, 04:12 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water on drive !

Got up this morning and going to the car noticed a lot of water on the drive, not just a few spots but what looked like someone had thrown a bucket of water under the front of the car.

Had a crawl about underneath and it all kinda looked ok, then checked the radiator and the windscreen wash bottle etc. but everything ok. On the drive to work (after turning the key and expecting the worse) everytime I
accelerated hard the IC spray light came on but then went out again when I eased off, so I guess it was that.

The only difference to normal was that I backed up the drive last night (had stuff in the boot) so the car was parked nose down (steep drive way) where as it would normally be boot pointing down.

Anyone ever heard of this before? Seems that the IC spray water bottle has emptied itself, been in work all day so not looked closer yet.

BTW STi 04, and I never use the IC Spray :-)
Old 24 October 2005, 04:20 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Top loose on the IC bottle located in the boot and this has drained out on to the boot and then onto the drive via one of the drain holes in the boot ? Might be time to check for damp boot carpet, or water in the spare wheel well?
Probably complete rubbish and some has done this to make you paranoid !

Richard
Old 24 October 2005, 04:28 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Yeah could be, becuase I had stuff in the boot, but it looked like the water was coming from the front, the wet patch started up the drive about 2/3 foot from the front of the car in the centre (left to right).

S'pose it possible that the water travelled down the body and out at the front, but knocking the cap off wouldn't explain the amount, last time I take the misses shopping in my car !!
Old 24 October 2005, 04:51 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

My immediate thought was the a\c condensor dripping water but that should only be a few drops and not bucket of water worth.

Richard
Old 24 October 2005, 05:02 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Is strange, looked like it had 'evacuated' rather than dripped, not a thin steady stream but a trail of water about 1½ feet wide, scared the ****e out of me when I saw it to be honest.
Old 24 October 2005, 05:10 PM
KEVWRX95
Scooby Regular

Location: West Sussex-Scoob stripped :( Hello Audi A6 4.2V8 Quattro :)
Talking Does it smell

Originally Posted by Scooby.Newbie
Is strange, looked like it had 'evacuated' rather than dripped, not a thin steady stream but a trail of water about 1½ feet wide, scared the ****e out of me when I saw it to be honest.

Dogs pissed over your front wheel
Old 24 October 2005, 05:36 PM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

Could be ...

Rain

Trending Topics

Old 24 October 2005, 05:42 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Nope, not unless it was a small dog that crawled under the car and squatted under the engine bay, and not rain either. Too much of a coinsidence for the IC spray light to come on as well today, so will have a look in the boot and let you know, back in 5.
Old 24 October 2005, 05:49 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

OK, just been and checked the IC spray bottle and it has fluid in it just is very low, the boot is all dry and no moisture in the spare wheel well, so that kind of blows that.

Is it possible for water to be sitting in the floor pan (the underside is pretty sealed I guess) and that the water came out becuase it was parked on a slope?

Not sure how worried to be about this, no water seems to be missing from anywhere that I can see.
Old 24 October 2005, 06:31 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

the watewr has run out of your intercooler spray I recon. Under hard breaking (car dives) they all do that & as your car was pointing down hill on a sleep drive the water will leak out through the spray nozzles.

Simon
Old 24 October 2005, 06:55 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Cheers Simo, that makes me feel a little bit better, to be honest I never use the IC spray so the bottle is always filled up so it being almost empty kind of backs that up.

And the nozzles seem more plausable than the bottle leaking becuase of the position of the water on the drive.

I will fill the bottle back up and at the weekend park and it on the drive in the same way and see what happens (i'm never home during daylight hours).

Cheers