Sponsored by:

petrol and cup holders

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2005, 02:13 AM
Tuts
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default petrol and cup holders

OK i've had the 53 plate wrx for about 2 weeks now and for the last 2 tank fills have found myself in places where i couldnt get any sul so had to go for 95ron instead so i could get home! (the range on these things is crap! )

I know the ecu will retard timing to cope with this but will it advance it again when I fill up with optimax or do i need to reset it?

If I don't fill up with sul will it harm the car or is it just a performance/fuel economy issue? I've heard they are ok on 95ron but it even says 98ron on the filler cap.

Also ive seen somewhere about fitting a rear cup holder in the back of the center console. Any idea what the part is as it will save me cleaning the back out again after a child/drink/car in motion incident.

BTW cup holder aside the mod bug is biting and i can't stop spending. Already done in nearly a grand on the stereo as the standard one is crap and a PPP is on the way. I assume putting a sti intercooler on will finish off the warrenty?

Last edited by Tuts; 23 October 2005 at 02:16 AM.
Old 23 October 2005, 12:09 PM
Barney19
Scooby Regular

If you go on the Subaru UK website they have the rear cup holder listed as an accessory with part number, price etc.

As far as I am aware 95 ron won't do any harm, the car just won't run as well and when you fill up with 98 ron the ECU will sort itself out without a need for re-setting. Shell Optimax is the fuel that most recommend.

There are plenty of threads on the fuel issue if you search for them, with many different opinions!!

Cheers Barney.
Old 23 October 2005, 03:06 PM
Tuts
Scooby Regular

thanks barney

read most of the threads on fuel but there were so many opinions regarding fuel that i wasnt sure about the ecu.

I knew i had seen the cup holder somewhere!

Thanks for that, its always the same with these things, they end up being in the most obvious places!
Old 23 October 2005, 03:16 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

I have a 04 WRX, Have used normal unleaded loads of time, but performance is crap, I try to use Optimax when I can, but there arent many garages near me, and my nearest shell garage is about 5 mile away. But you can tell the differance in performance when you use decent petrol.
Old 23 October 2005, 03:30 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Even though the later scoobs have 'real time' learning it'll still take 3-4 tankfulls of decent fuel (98ron) to sort it out..