Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scooby owners hated or something?

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2005, 06:03 PM
ukturbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scooby owners hated or something?

I keep getting daggers off other young drivers in my area there is a bloke who drives a saxo vts with a bodykit nice big alloys also there is a bloke whos about 26 drives a ford focus with bodykit spoilers and loud exhaust and nice big rims looks and sounds great and i seen him before when i was turning into my estate he keeps giving me funny looks do any of you scooby drivers get this?
Old 04 October 2005, 06:05 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

He's expecting you to stop and challenge him to a race
Old 04 October 2005, 06:07 PM
Wannabe
Scooby Regular

probaly cos youve got their dream car!

i get loads of looks off people round town etc in my STi young or older, just cos of their road presence i think, such a loud burble and rally looks...i love em!!

Sy
Old 04 October 2005, 06:09 PM
ukturbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
He's expecting you to stop and challenge him to a race
I raced a saxo vts once he even had a good start and i leathered his girly cars ***
Old 04 October 2005, 06:12 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

People will look at the car mate, get used to it.

But just because they are looking dont mean they hate you, not everyone is gonna smile and wave while they are having a good nose at the car.

Enjoy

Cookie
Old 04 October 2005, 06:13 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ukturbo
I raced a saxo vts once he even had a good start and i leathered his girly cars ***

Congratulations
Old 04 October 2005, 06:17 PM
ukturbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wannabe
probaly cos youve got their dream car!

i get loads of looks off people round town etc in my STi young or older, just cos of their road presence i think, such a loud burble and rally looks...i love em!!

Sy
Nice car sti i want one this is my car 97 ukturbo

Old 04 October 2005, 06:23 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Colour code the handles and skirts, stick on some 17's, STi wing and detango the lights to really p1ss them off
Old 04 October 2005, 06:28 PM
ukturbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richiewong
Colour code the handles and skirts, stick on some 17's, STi wing and detango the lights to really p1ss them off
That would be nice and even colour code that black side protector strip too the last owner had that put on in 2002 i think
Old 04 October 2005, 06:51 PM
RB5 360
Scooby Regular

I keep getting daggers off other young drivers in my area
They probably think its a unmarked police car as its white

Next time you go out wear a reflective jacket and follow them
Old 04 October 2005, 07:06 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Years ago my father had a white Rover ( 3500 ? ) the same as the police used to use, he was also in the RAF at the time, and when diving used to put his officers cap on the front dash - said you'd never seen so many cars getting out of his way when he came up behind them on the motorway !

The dirty looks is just people who are jealous - I dont get many, but most are from middle aged blokes driving crap Mondeos etc... just upset that I'm over 10 years younger and can afford a nicer car than them. Reaction from most younger drivers is good - they seem to appreciate the car regardless of who is driving.
Old 04 October 2005, 07:12 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah have to say I'm 23 and my car does look the bollox... well I paid for it i can enjoy it!! and people have two reactions, Nice car or ****

Old 04 October 2005, 07:42 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

I get people looking at me in my car with pure resentment written all over their faces - usually blokes roughly my own age. Other times I get admiring glances and smiles. Other times people just stare and I can't tell what they are thinking.

The people who don't seem to like it are often low life's who blatently will never be able to afford such a car (not legitmately anyway). Can't let them get to you - but watch out they don't key the car. It's a sad fact of life that a lot of people don't respect things you have worked hard for and just see it as 'not fair he got it - init'.

It's not a subtle car (especially if you 'tinker' with the exhaust system ) so you will get 'attention' - just a shame you can't pick and chose who from. The bad attention is worth it for the good in my book.
Old 04 October 2005, 09:06 PM
ukturbo
Scooby Regular

Default thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone for all your replies i think its all the car jacking i have seen on here and other impreza forums and there is a few rough estates local to my area i live in prescot now used to live in st helens until last year. Only down the road from me is where i fill up with shell optimax in rainhill a lad who works there was asking where do i live and told him only up the road from here just off ash grove he said kingsway is only down the road from me and he warned me to watch out for my car as there are plenty of car theives round here whiston huyton and prescot,its a quiet nice estate i live in though some really nice houses on this estate
Old 04 October 2005, 10:25 PM
Focusbird
Scooby Regular

ha ha ha I get looks like that and I only drive a Focus

You're young, you drive a nice car, you're bound to get "looks". I tend to look at cars and drivers when they're in performance cars or modified cars, almost as if to say "alright "

If anyone gives you a dirty look just give them a great big cheesey grin and a wink, as if to say "yes, it is gorgeous isn't it, and yes, I do look good in it don't I"
Old 04 October 2005, 10:43 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think most normal people would think that a Mondeo is a nicer car, which it is in all respects compared to a standard old classic UK Scooby except acceleration. Even a bog standard present shape Zetec on 16s will pull similar cornering speeds, stop as well, handle at least as well, have better ride quality/economy/range, have more refinement and a far nicer interior with more space. So not sure why they would be jealous.
Old 05 October 2005, 11:23 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Possibly a new Mondeo, but not a crap old one thats gone three times round the clock and is on its last legs ;0)

With a lot of middle aged men who drive boring cars its because their wives wont let them buy a performance car, thats where the jealousy seems to come in.

And I dispute your claim that a Fiesta can handle as well as a Classic ? certainly wouldnt as well as mine and wouldnt get close on cornering speed.
Old 05 October 2005, 11:46 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

jelousy is the best form of flattery as far as i am concerned. and to be honest i get alot of it as a 20 year old 03 STI driver pushin 390 at the fly!! Though every one can swivel, I worked, saved and now enjoy my STI... all on my own!!
Old 05 October 2005, 11:59 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Gonna go and buy a fiesta now
Old 05 October 2005, 12:06 PM
DonnieDarko
Scooby Regular

NOTHING corners like a scooby.

certainly nothing without 4WD

my bird has a saxo- its rubbish LOL
Old 05 October 2005, 12:09 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

My Grans got a Fiesta Zetec
Old 05 October 2005, 01:06 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by john banks
I think most normal people would think that a Mondeo is a nicer car, which it is in all respects compared to a standard old classic UK Scooby except acceleration. Even a bog standard present shape Zetec on 16s will pull similar cornering speeds, stop as well, handle at least as well, have better ride quality/economy/range, have more refinement and a far nicer interior with more space. So not sure why they would be jealous.
Old 05 October 2005, 03:21 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say that our Fiesta Zetec we had handled better than the Subaru although I did not own them at the same time. The Puma we did have at the same time as my Subaru (with P1 suspension, loads of Whiteline goodies) definitely handled better.

It didn't grip better, but the weighting of the controls, the linearity of their response and the feedback and delicacy was far better.

Wake up and smell the coffee Lots of small cars will corner at similar speeds to a Scooby. It just happens to have a turbo whoosh and lots of traction. This does not make it a great handling car, and doesn't make steady state cornering speeds necessarily faster.
Old 05 October 2005, 03:29 PM
New_scooby_04

I would say that our Fiesta Zetec we had handled better than the Subaru although I did not own them at the same time. The Puma we did have at the same time as my Subaru (with P1 suspension, loads of Whiteline goodies) definitely handled better.

It didn't grip better, but the weighting of the controls, the linearity of their response and the feedback and delicacy was far better.

Wake up and smell the coffee Lots of small cars will corner at similar speeds to a Scooby. It just happens to have a turbo whoosh and lots of traction. This does not make it a great handling car, and doesn't make steady state cornering speeds necessarily faster.
Did someone say coffee? Two sugars for me please John!

My sister had a Puma for a couple of years. Wonderful little car, you had only to drive 100 yards and the inherent rightness of that cars set up just hit you square in the face. It was a lesson in how to build a small car with not a huge amount of pwoer, but make it BIG fun! I think it's Fords best effort to date.

NS04
Old 05 October 2005, 03:37 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

ukturbo

I'm not going to give out your exact location in Prescot but have you seen a MY04 black STI parked round the corner, private plate S900 BEY??

If your car is the white one I'm thinking about I've heard you rumbling past when I'm in the in-laws!!

Old 05 October 2005, 03:39 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

I think my in-laws live a few houses from you but round the corner in Lov*** Drive

Old 05 October 2005, 06:14 PM
noobscoob
Scooby Regular

it sounds to me like a couple of lax powa boy racers a bit miffed you drive a scooby and they drive a shopping trolley with stupid fake jap bodykits and 6 inch exhausts.

if someone looked at me when i had my impreza i would smile happily and think..who gives a f** what they think..in 3 seconds time they will be thinking about what they are having for dinner. enjoy the car mate..or go and buy a zetec focus and scowl at the scooby boys lol.

its a fact of life people benchmark the scooby as a high performance vehicle to compare every other car by. remember..SMILE it pisses them off more
Old 05 October 2005, 07:51 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

I would have to agree with you on this one John.

The Impreza out of the box is not the best handling car, it's the amount of grip it has at it's dispense.

That said with a few minor supension tweaks and a good geometry set up, it's transformed, and in the wet, another leauge !

Rob
Old 05 October 2005, 10:04 PM
DANGEROUS DAVY
Scooby Regular

i would keep it quiet if my bird had a saxo
Old 05 October 2005, 11:26 PM
Matt Classic
Scooby Regular

I find the best way to get looks is to hang your todger out of the window.

Its a dead cert

Quick Reply: Scooby owners hated or something?