Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Break in for scooby keys Coventry.!

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2005, 09:03 PM
pantelis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Break in for scooby keys Coventry.!

Thursday last week two masked lads kicked my Dads front door in whilst he was in the kitchen watching telly at 2.30am ish (hes a bit of a night owl).

My Dad managed to get to the kitchen door before them and closed it on them and put all his ( not substantial) weight against it by the frame. They asked for the keys to his Subaru. He took his mobile out with his free hand and called the police - speaking loudly so they new what he was doing. The kitchen door is lots of small glass windows in wooden frame.

They then thrust a long sharpend metal spike through one of the small door windows next to him - luckily his body was against the frame so it only brushed his arm, the spike came through beyond the width of his body, in other words if he was slightly further over or they had a better angle it could have been at least, very serious injury.

My mum jumped out of bed at this stage and made lots of noise and they made off at speed with no lights in what my Dad thinks may have been a dark Volvo XE90.

We have a business in Coventry which I now run. He does not work now but checks things are ok for me when I am not there, like today. There were 2 lads in today and my Dad spots a familier frame, eyes, nose, freckles and voice! the other lad who he did not see so much of on the night also ticks the right boxes from what he did see.

He looks at them - they see him and look suprised. He pops in the back to take his jacket off and goes back to get an even better look but they are gone. The police have been informed of this and will be checking town centre cctv.

QUESTION:
Should I post a description of them here from todays daylight encounter? Who knows why they looked suprised and what reason they had for leaving quickly. The old mans pretty sure but any feedback first would be appreciated. Would it do any good anyway?
Old 03 October 2005, 09:13 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

WTF is going on in the Land of Brum?????

Why are there so many aggrivated burgleries when they are looking for Scoob keys???

Personally I'd be a bit careful 'jumping the gun' in case a) they're innocent or b) fecking nutcases who take exception to being outed

Let the Feds handle it but if I were you, I'd carry a 16 Oz claw hammer in my car for a few weeks.
Old 03 October 2005, 09:28 PM
pantelis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trap2Terrorist
WTF is going on in the Land of Brum?????

Why are there so many aggrivated burgleries when they are looking for Scoob keys???

Personally I'd be a bit careful 'jumping the gun' in case a) they're innocent or b) fecking nutcases who take exception to being outed

Let the Feds handle it but if I were you, I'd carry a 16 Oz claw hammer in my car for a few weeks.
My dads 57 years old. His car is a classic and is my wifes old car. She now has an sti8 on our drive which she loves (she loved her classic too) - makes you think - but do you change the car you want because of what may / has happened? I always say if they want it that bad let em have it - people who know me however dont believe I actualy would - been a brawler in my youth and known to think I can take on the world! Things dont allways go the way you imagined them to though!
Old 03 October 2005, 10:06 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pantelis
been a brawler in my youth and known to think I can take on the world! Things dont allways go the way you imagined them to though!
Ditto. I've always stood up for myself (chased off a mugger in Amsterdam once!) but these days too many spotty 17/18 year olds carry knives and I'd rather lose my WRX than a kidney/lung/life/etc.
Old 18 October 2005, 08:19 PM
sulli
Scooby Regular

If you have CCTV images of them, put them up - i may recognise them
The Police also should take aggravated burglary very seriously.
Old 18 October 2005, 09:54 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Really sorry to hear it

Unfortunatley you may well find the Police are a waste of time. I was held up at gunpoint in the middle of Coventry town and the Police treated it like a stolen push-bike case.

I would seriously re-evaluate whether the scoob is worth the risk.

Bob
Old 19 October 2005, 02:03 AM
bob
Scooby Regular

Whats the world coming too....

I am about you dads age, but think I would have let them get in... mind you the Ridgeback might have had something to say about that. I don't mind cleaning up the blood afterwards.