URGENT HELP NEEDED!!

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2005, 07:24 PM
kayeabl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy URGENT HELP NEEDED!!

Evening,

my car a MY98 UK Turbo has been in the main Subaru dealers today for a major service. I picked the car up and 5 minutes up the road smoke started pouring out the bonnet. I stopped pulled over, the engine died and is now dead won't turn over or anything. There was no visible oil leak, but it smelt like diff oil as they had done a diff oil change as part of the service. there was also plenty of oil in the engine itself.

Anyway dealer recovered the car and have it in there yard, but i have taken the keys as i don't want them looking at it.

I would like an independent expert to look at the car at the same time, as the car has been perfect for 2 years and i don't want to have to foot the repair bill as they have clearly done something during the service

Anyway can anyone offer their services or know someone who can inspect the car for me in the Luton area asap. I will of course pay them

please contact me on 07973 756861

Thanks guys

Ash
Old 30 September 2005, 07:32 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

****ty luck mate.

But i know that your feelings to the main dealer may not be favourable right now, however you need to give themm the opportunity to discover what they did wrong and give them the chance to repair it. I would also ask themm for a full diagnostic check, a full explanation waht went wrong and id you are inconvienced in any way, a courtesy car without question.

If you get an independant inspection, you risk the further cost and the garage will have course to disagree. let them find out waht was wrong at their expense and if after that you dont accept their findings, then get an independant inspection, as is your rights.
just make sure that they dont try and charge your storage while you arte waiting for the other guy to turn up.
Doubt it, b ut you never know.

play hard ball but be firm and fair.they will respond to that better than throwing your toys out,even if that is how you feel right now

good luck
Old 30 September 2005, 07:56 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Hope it goes well for you. I think you have to let them have a look at it, and then attempt a repair if you want them to foot the bill.

Just try and be there while they do it, I suppose that is one option if you really do not trust them.
Old 01 October 2005, 04:53 PM
kayeabl
Scooby Regular

Default More info

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, I let the garage look at it today and the engine will only turn 90 degrees, they have no idea why. There is oil/water/diff oil in the car and no obvious things they have found??

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Ash