ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

subaru car jacked

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2005, 12:21 PM
mystery inc.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face subaru car jacked

anouther subaru impreza car jacked just down the road from me in nuneaton.when he got out of his car in manorcourt road.two lads in hooded tops atacked him.he put up a fight for his car and got in return a good kickin.as they drove off he held onto the car untill he finaly let go.he is now in a bad way.

they keep getting a bit closeer to home for my likein.im starting to think,is it worth having one of these cars with all these car jackers about?
Old 28 September 2005, 12:28 PM
hodgey001
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

shhhhhh*t i live i nuneaton
Old 28 September 2005, 12:29 PM
555)
Scooby Regular

car jackers are pure pond-life
Old 28 September 2005, 12:30 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With security now being so advanced they've just invented new ways to get their hands on these sorts or cars They either jack you or burgle your house while you're asleep Even trackers are now pretty much useless
Old 28 September 2005, 01:01 PM
PJ's Scoob
Scooby Regular

see this thread

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=459813
Old 28 September 2005, 02:00 PM
mystery inc.
Scooby Regular

i might start carrying my kosh round with me.just in case.these people realy wind me up!!
Old 28 September 2005, 02:10 PM
timmyajmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

I think i will be getting blackjax asap.
These a55holes make owning a great car a knightmare, i send my regards to all its happened to.
What are the rules/law when it comes to 'defending' your car?
I always wanted to put mine to the mains but its me who would get in trouble! can we use pepper spray? baseball bats? them electric prodder things!?
things are going to have to be done. doesn't seem to be any police knocking about on here advising people.Are the areas affected with this crime getting letters from the local police giving out warnings?
are they doing anything about it?

tim
Old 28 September 2005, 03:41 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Defend your car to the best of your ability - use whatever you have to hand: jack handle, spanners, anything big and heavy, shotgun. I'd do whatever it takes to defend my property, I just know that I'd go too far and have to bury the bodies!

Hope the guy's gonna be okay though, after all it's only a car - even though when these things happen it's difficult to see it that way - red mist.

Graham

Originally Posted by timmyajmy93wrx
I think i will be getting blackjax asap.
These a55holes make owning a great car a knightmare, i send my regards to all its happened to.
What are the rules/law when it comes to 'defending' your car?
I always wanted to put mine to the mains but its me who would get in trouble! can we use pepper spray? baseball bats? them electric prodder things!?
things are going to have to be done. doesn't seem to be any police knocking about on here advising people.Are the areas affected with this crime getting letters from the local police giving out warnings?
are they doing anything about it?

tim
Old 28 September 2005, 04:42 PM
tonner_notts
Scooby Regular

nothing better than a nice little spray in a can, if you have never used cs spray or felt the effects you wouldent believe how good it can be at times like these,
anyone worried should order some and carry it with them
Old 28 September 2005, 04:49 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Anti persperant is just as good and 100% legal. And yes I do have a can of it in my door card pocket. Also got a rather sturdy fire extingusher mounted to the center console too
Old 28 September 2005, 04:49 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

just give them the keys and walk away. its a piece of metal!
Old 28 September 2005, 04:55 PM
richee
Scooby Regular

cs gas is very good used it in my job many times. but if u get caught using it u are in big **** even carrying it think police look at it the same as firearms. best to give your keys up even if u are the van dam u can not take on three people. only happens in films.
Old 28 September 2005, 04:59 PM
staffychance
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mystery inc.
i might start carrying my kosh round with me.just in case.these people realy wind me up!!
Perfect answer mate, **** Them up
Old 28 September 2005, 05:01 PM
ibz2004
Scooby Regular

the assailants/criminals can be a protected group when it comes to defending yourself. Its how england differs from america. In the states people can carry tasers/pepper sprays etc to as a means of self-defence. Its how women feel safer when walking the streets alone. However if you carry a similar weapon for self defence here in England then you will be charged under the fire-arms offence act. Sure you can use less effective tools but it aint the same. And even if you do manage to beat the living daylights out of the carjacker youl probably get done for GBH yourself.

These thieves/car jackers tried jacking the wrong crew in derby. I dont know whether they were organised or simply stupid kids but there were three of them who tried doing over some dude with a black sti. Little did they know his cousins were closely behind him in a civic. Needless to say they intercepted and really battered these carjackers good and proper and put them into hospital. i dont condone needless assault but to me this was excellent news. Its the second gang of "subaru-carjackers" that have been done over in a month. Long may it continue.
Old 28 September 2005, 06:46 PM
stabb
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by staffychance
Perfect answer mate, **** Them up
Agreed with that qoute cluck them up if you catch any ******* near your motors. Make sure all local bad mans them understand the consequences of any goings on involving your car what so ever. Also blackjax and a disklock disconnect the rods from your outer door handles
Old 28 September 2005, 06:59 PM
daz_vx220
Scooby Regular

Default stun gun

Just sort out a stun gun fellas, im so so thinking about it.50,000 volts should sort em the little f*ckers
Old 28 September 2005, 07:00 PM
tonner_notts
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stabb
Agreed with that qoute cluck them up if you catch any ******* near your motors. Make sure all local bad mans them understand the consequences of any goings on involving your car what so ever. Also blackjax and a disklock disconnect the rods from your outer door handles
what do you mean blackjax and disklock? this a security device
Old 28 September 2005, 07:52 PM
rgv_stu
Scooby Regular

if you disconnect the rods from your outer door handles how do you open the door ??
Old 28 September 2005, 07:56 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

how does blackjax work?
Old 28 September 2005, 08:04 PM
PAUL CRAFTS
Scooby Regular

Theres one thing we are all over looking WHAT THE **** are the police doing about it. These cars are our pride and joy we all spend stupid amounts of money on them "WHY" because we can we work hard an we play hard its our cars,so what gives them the writes to come an take somthing that is ours. They need burning at the stake in my eyes.
Old 28 September 2005, 08:23 PM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tonner_notts
nothing better than a nice little spray in a can, if you have never used cs spray or felt the effects you wouldent believe how good it can be at times like these,
Yes mate i carry.

Last edited by LegacySTi; 29 September 2005 at 10:46 AM.
Old 28 September 2005, 09:37 PM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

Keep a 15" half inch drive breaker bar in the car to 'undo your wheels with', a proper weapon and totally honest looking in your motor. I'd love to **** up some thievin scum with one, feel no remorse
Old 29 September 2005, 10:50 PM
stabb
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by rgv_stu
if you disconnect the rods from your outer door handles how do you open the door ??
Obviously not the rod to the latch or yes how would you open the doors. Undo the rod that goes from the key lock barrel to the lock/unlock switch on the doors front doors only this is. This makes your key redundant but more importantly a SCREWDRIVER but your alarm will lock/unlock your doors any way, i do this on all my cars. Jason

http://www.disklok.com/

Blackjax info below.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=448648
Old 30 September 2005, 01:51 PM
rgv_stu
Scooby Regular

thanks for the clarification
are the scoob locks bad against screwdrivers then ??
Old 30 September 2005, 02:24 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by rgv_stu
thanks for the clarification
are the scoob locks bad against screwdrivers then ??
The post 2001 cars are pretty good in my opinion.
I spent some time at the factory with the guys from Thatcham during the attack tests on the locks etc. The metalwork they have put in the drivers door to stop the barrel being prized out must knock 2 seconds off the 0-60 time! You'll also notice that the passenger’s lock barrel has been removed on later cars so they have less to go at.

I know the original post was about a car-jacking whilst the owner was out of his car, but thought it might be worth mentioning the alarms Safety/Auto Locking feature - This at east makes it difficult for the jackers whilst you're in your car.

For those that don’t know, this feature locks the doors the moment the ignition is turned on (and unlocks them when turned off) - there is no delay.
The Auto
Lock feature will not attempt to lock the doors if a door (boot or bonnet) remains open when the ignition is turned on - the indicators will flash once as confirmation that Auto-lock has been disabled.
Due to these factors you cannot
lock the keys in the vehicle as a result of activating the Auto Lock feature.

On later models equipped with Double locking, only single lock occurs when the ignition is turned on for occupant safety.

The safety Lock/Auto Lock feature is available on all UK supplied Subarus from 99MY through to current models except the Legacy from 04MY.

To enable Auto Lock - turn the ignition on, press transmitter button (dash LED will flash once), press button 4 on the keypad and then turn the ignition off within 5 seconds. It may be necessary to arm, disarm and then turn the ignition on then off before the feature becomes active.

Further info on this and other features of the alarm system can be found in the operating instructions. A copy of these is available to download in the thread at the following:
http://www.subaru-impreza.org/subar...opic.php?t=2476

SS
Old 30 September 2005, 09:08 PM
V5-APS
Scooby Regular

Can't download from that link
Old 30 September 2005, 11:49 PM
Lexx
Scooby Regular

Cool

Sadly cs spray is classed as catagory 1 fire arm! Caught with it and you is proper fcuked! Any aerosol of de-odourant or hairspray (sticky and stuffs up the eyes good n proper!) is much preferred!
May not take your car jacker out, but fully discharged into eyes or mouth will deffo IMHO give you a great chance to **** the fe*ker. And remember you are able to fall back on the "instantaneous arming " lark!
Basically, if under pressure (under attack) you pick up "an object" (anything, brick, stick, bottle etc.) to use as a weapon, that's pretty much "OK BUDDY" in the eyes of the law and won't get you done for any weapons charges! Greeeeeaaaat!!
So keep something in the car (to hand), that you can explain away easily, or that you can say you picked up off the floor, and use it to it's full devastating effect, ONLY IF YOU ARE GOING TO WIN WITH IT!
Having it turned against you is a definate bummer!
Stay alert is the best advice, car follows you home for a few miles? Drive past, go round block, go anywhere. If they're following drive to the police stn. fire stn. etc.this really screws their day heh heh.
I'm lucky as i have a free carpark nearby my house, if i think i've been followed i go in there and park in a double ended bay for a few seconds, then leave, forwards or backwards; i honestly believe it's worked on more than one occasion as after leaving the car park i have pulled up away from my house and seen "them" leaving straight after too!
Judge each situation as you see it, breathe deeply and focus on surviving, at the end of the day...
...it's a car.
All the best to one and all
Lexx.
Sorry for rambling but i have just finished my second bottle of free wine courtesy of Marks n Spencss... hic hic...
Old 02 October 2005, 08:50 AM
rgv_stu
Scooby Regular

cheers sigma sam, mines a 98 wagon and my alarm uses the keyfob to lock / unlock
so i might just take out those rods you were describing. i suppose i can allways then get into the car via the boot if needs be....stu
Old 02 October 2005, 03:57 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by daz_vx220
Just sort out a stun gun fellas, im so so thinking about it.50,000 volts should sort em the little f*ckers

i've been hunting these for a year now, and nobody will ship these to the uk,

i need one for myself and my sister (in london)(or pep spray) for protection.

if you manage to get one pm me the details ta.
Old 02 October 2005, 04:38 PM
wrc350bhp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tonner_notts
where do u get it from?

Quick Reply: subaru car jacked