Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2005, 05:36 PM
j555 hks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help please.

hi everyone,
im a new member but not at the site.
i am interested in buying a bug eye that has a fcd and a ABC chip ,and i think its running 18-19psi .
its got bout 285 brake and is uk car.
can somone tell me is that to much pressure ?
safe?
and there is a engine check lite on ,owner says is because of de-cat up/down pipes?
is this correct can it be corrected.
please help im prob buyin car in tue.
cheers.
Old 11 September 2005, 05:41 PM
gumballer@STI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j555 hks
hi everyone,
im a new member but not at the site.
i am interested in buying a bug eye that has a fcd and a ABC chip ,and i think its running 18-19psi .
its got bout 285 brake and is uk car.
can somone tell me is that to much pressure ?
safe?
and there is a engine check lite on ,owner says is because of de-cat up/down pipes?
is this correct can it be corrected.
please help im prob buyin car in tue.
cheers.
HI, its a high boost pressure, but not too high. mine is 1.48bar which is about 19 or so which is pretty normal.
285bhp from a wrx is a good figure.
the engine management light will go out when you reset the ecu, but to make it stay off you should get it mapped. the figure will increase also when you get it mapped cos, i think the 285 isnt even taking into account the added bonus of decat. might get over 300bhp when its mapped again.

dont buy it at an inflated cost cos of the mods though. you can do that to any car yourself.
Old 11 September 2005, 06:02 PM
j555 hks
Scooby Regular

Default thanks 4 reply

Originally Posted by gumballer@STI
HI, its a high boost pressure, but not too high. mine is 1.48bar which is about 19 or so which is pretty normal.
the engine management light will go out when you reset the ecu, but to make it stay off you should get it mapped. the figure will increase also when you get it mapped cos, i think the 285 isnt even taking into account the added bonus of decat. might get over 300bhp when its mapped again.

dont buy it at an inflated cost cos of the mods though. you can do that to any car yourself.
when u say re-mapped!
if i got ot re-mapped would thier be any need for a chip?????????
or take the chip out and get mapped from scratch?
im streched budget wise buyin the car cant afford price of map until prob may?

ecutek any good iv heard not reliable is this reght.
Old 11 September 2005, 07:07 PM
DIPSY
Scooby Regular

Get your car remaped safer than a chip and boost pressure does not meen every thing it is how the the person mapes it and gumballer sti has a few mods on his car and was maped by Andy f mine was done by Andy aswell
Old 11 September 2005, 07:50 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

285 bhp from 18 or 19 psi is a joke. 1.48 bar............ normal - are you nuts! What power do you get from that?
My car runs 12.7 psi and it kicks out 260bhp. proven. Im pretty sure if i ran my car on 18 or 19 psi with a MBC it would run about..............hhhhmmm 300 bhp ............for about 10 miles and then the engine would go bang! Especially with just a MBC and not a proper ecu map and the supporting mods. I would ask the guy to confirm the boost that car is running and if it is anything over 16psi without the supporting mods then ..walk.
I would tread carefully mate.
Andy

Originally Posted by gumballer@STI

Last edited by dj219957; 11 September 2005 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11 September 2005, 08:03 PM
DIPSY
Scooby Regular

He get slitly more than 400bhp with a few mods send gumballer@sti a pm and he might tell you what mods he has or go on sidc scottish scoob when it is up and running and look for threads by gumball .I have 18psi on an my2000 classic full hs turbo back decat and jr panel tek3 remap by Andy f.My boost gauge reads 20psi so it 2psi out and it goes over this some times when i drop a gear and boot it and it is still running a tdo4 its maped safe for 21psi or 23psi on my gauge
Old 11 September 2005, 11:55 PM
j555 hks
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DIPSY
He get slitly more than 400bhp with a few mods send gumballer@sti a pm and he might tell you what mods he has or go on sidc scottish scoob when it is up and running and look for threads by gumball .I have 18psi on an my2000 classic full hs turbo back decat and jr panel tek3 remap by Andy f.My boost gauge reads 20psi so it 2psi out and it goes over this some times when i drop a gear and boot it and it is still running a tdo4 its maped safe for 21psi or 23psi on my gauge
thanks everyone for help,
im not that clued up on psi and bar and pressure still difficult to uderstand.
i take it andy f is the man to c on the map front?
any1 no much about steve simpson (gems)?