Sponsored by:

PPP Extension

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2005, 05:49 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question PPP Extension

Any other scooby owners had a Subaru Flyer through the post today informing them that the PPP/3 years free servicing has been extended to the 30th September.
Any Bugeye/Blobeye owners worked out the better option yet, how much you'd spend on servicing over three years, i'd work it out myself, but i only have a classic at the mo (up for sale you know) lol.

Any servicing costs for a blobye would be appreciated, as thats what I'm having next. (from brand new or 05 plate hopefully)

Ta
Chris
Old 28 July 2005, 06:01 PM
andyfish
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ChriSTi
Any other scooby owners had a Subaru Flyer through the post today informing them that the PPP/3 years free servicing has been extended to the 30th September.
Any Bugeye/Blobeye owners worked out the better option yet, how much you'd spend on servicing over three years, i'd work it out myself, but i only have a classic at the mo (up for sale you know) lol.

Any servicing costs for a blobye would be appreciated, as thats what I'm having next. (from brand new or 05 plate hopefully)

Ta
Chris
hi chris

we took delivery of a wrx300 with free ppp. got the flyer today: the ppp was worth £1600, and we took out the service plan for 3 years which cost us £800 (twenty odd quid per month). So the free ppp is def the best option IMHO.

andy
Old 28 July 2005, 06:02 PM
The Incredible Hulk
Scooby Regular

Chris,

Not sure but think a dealer told me it was worth around £1000, or just slightly less. The PPP is certainly worth when buying it privately!

Kevin
Old 28 July 2005, 06:04 PM
The Incredible Hulk
Scooby Regular

Chris,

I'm sure there is a dealer offering both, can't remember if I seen it on here - or a link to it - it might be worth a search. However, you're likely to be paying top whack so they can recover some margin. Think it was one of the dealers up nr London - yeah I know not much use.

Kevin
Old 28 July 2005, 06:05 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Over 3 years you'd probably spend IRO £1400-1800 on average mileage. If you add that to the free PPP being worth between £1600-2000, it negates any savings offered by EU imports. Only reason for going EU is if you'd prefer to go your own route instead of PPP, but then you may as well go JDM in that case. There'll be lots more offers yet as we countdown to the new shape. And remember, the new shape is only a stop-gap until the all new 07.
Old 28 July 2005, 06:06 PM
The Incredible Hulk
Scooby Regular

Chris,

Have a look at this thread;

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...rvicing+dealer

Kevin
Old 28 July 2005, 06:07 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

Chris, I`ve got a recently acquired MY05 myself (bought new), and I got the free servicing with it (as I missed free PPP by only 3 weeks )

The dealer reckoned I`d save about 1k over the three year period, and, as PPP retails at £1600 for the WRX, the PPP is obviously the best option and the biggest money-saver, especially if you have the STi, as I believe ppp is more expensive on those anyway (along with servicing).

Proportionately though, free PPP is the best money saver, as long as you`re sure you`d want it done, if you get my meaning.

Trending Topics

Old 28 July 2005, 06:09 PM
The Incredible Hulk
Scooby Regular

Chris,

The only thing that might make the PPP less attractive is the dreaded insurance. You may wish to get some quotes before committing! Do a search on the threads and see some of the 'horror' stories.

Kevin

Kevin
Old 28 July 2005, 06:20 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

oh bugger, forgot about the insurance, mind you i'm sure I told "A" plan that I was changing my classic for a Blobeye and tried explaing what PPP was and he came back with £730 from £530 on my classic....38 yrs old 65% ncd and all that.

Also, that deal that Shrewsbury have got on (cheers for the link Mr plewis) that they'll do PPP and free servicing, is that on the deal that i take the car back to them for any work to be carried out, or can i take the car to any Subaru garage.

Ps, when is the new 55 plate out, is it August or Sept ??

Last edited by ChriSTi; 28 July 2005 at 06:25 PM.
Old 28 July 2005, 07:19 PM
Barney19
Scooby Regular

oh bugger, forgot about the insurance, mind you i'm sure I told "A" plan that I was changing my classic for a Blobeye and tried explaing what PPP was and he came back with £730 from £530 on my classic....38 yrs old 65% ncd and all that.

Also, that deal that Shrewsbury have got on (cheers for the link Mr plewis) that they'll do PPP and free servicing, is that on the deal that i take the car back to them for any work to be carried out, or can i take the car to any Subaru garage.

Ps, when is the new 55 plate out, is it August or Sept ??
I am pretty sure the 55 plate is out on 1st sept. Hyltons quote both packages together but when I spoke with them for a quote to compete with another dealer things changed somewhat. Also I believe with the free servicing you can have the car serviced at any subaru dealer. Lastly I am the same age and got a quote of £680 from A-plan for WRX PPP.
Cheers Barney.
Old 28 July 2005, 07:51 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Do what I did. Get a new Sti with free PPP, then negotiate a deal with free servicing. If you dont ask you dont get.

Chip
Old 28 July 2005, 08:08 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Cheers for all the replies lads, god this is a helpfull site, just dont know what to do know, jump in and buy a 05 blobeye, wait till the new facelift arrives in uk, or get a 55 plate.
Old 28 July 2005, 09:05 PM
The Incredible Hulk
Scooby Regular

Chris,

Have a look at the prices some year old STi Blobeyes are going for now and possibly even consider buying one of them - I know its common knowledge about buying new and losing thousands and you may well just want to be the first owner but in all honesty mate it might be worth saving a packet and buying an 04 model? Just a thought. Your likely to get a better deal on the blobeye when the new model comes out, but of course there is a reason for that! If you're buying new really work a hard deal, I mean embarrass yourself by asking for the earth Chris as the eventual price you pay will be something you'll reflect on at your leisure

What ever you do keep us informed and best of luck!
Old 28 July 2005, 09:39 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

I will certainly not buy another brand new (UK)Subaru

My 05 STi is depreciating at over a grand a month currently
Old 29 July 2005, 08:26 AM
MikeWood
Scooby Regular

corradoboy

The 'facelift' is for a 2 year model cycle at least.

If there is a new car in 2007 it will be 2008MY and is therefore at least 2 years away, just as there is a new car in 2005 which is 2006MY and it's not here yet....

I find it amazing that the erroneous information in Auto Express is now treated as Gospel, just by being repeated enough times on here, suppose that's the 'power' of the internet.

Mike

Mike
Old 29 July 2005, 11:01 AM
Grahamwrx
Scooby Regular

Has it yet been confirmed by a reliable source if the uk STI will be 2.0 or 2.5 or both, with the 2.5 following later ?

Mike Wood perhaps , any small snippets of info ?
Old 29 July 2005, 01:16 PM
GrollySTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Over 3 years you'd probably spend IRO £1400-1800 on average mileage. If you add that to the free PPP being worth between £1600-2000, it negates any savings offered by EU imports. Only reason for going EU is if you'd prefer to go your own route instead of PPP, but then you may as well go JDM in that case. There'll be lots more offers yet as we countdown to the new shape. And remember, the new shape is only a stop-gap until the all new 07.
Isn't it 3 yrs/30,000miles free servicing ie 3nr free services + oil cost at 1000miles.?
If so, how'd you get to £1400-1800?
I just got a quote from my dealer for my 10k service and its £162.
I don't know the 30k service cost but it can't be that big....can it?
Old 29 July 2005, 01:28 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

30k will be IRO £450+vat. Basic service plus gearbox and diff oils, plugs, coolant and possibly brake fluid. Maybe I was a bit over, but not wildly.
Old 29 July 2005, 02:03 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk
Chris,

Have a look at the prices some year old STi Blobeyes are going for now and possibly even consider buying one of them - I know its common knowledge about buying new and losing thousands and you may well just want to be the first owner but in all honesty mate it might be worth saving a packet and buying an 04 model? Just a thought. Your likely to get a better deal on the blobeye when the new model comes out, but of course there is a reason for that! If you're buying new really work a hard deal, I mean embarrass yourself by asking for the earth Chris as the eventual price you pay will be something you'll reflect on at your leisure

What ever you do keep us informed and best of luck!
Well I've heard nothing about selling my car (Classic) for 2 weeks now, and then all of a sudden I get 2 blokes in 24 hours, so yeah hulk, will let you know . I'll be like a kid with a new toy though, I know damb well I wont be able to wait until the facelift comes out and i'll make a tw%t of myself and go out and buy the first blobeye that i fancy, worst part of it is, I've got £25000 to playwith......arrrrhhhhhhhhhhh.
Old 29 July 2005, 02:41 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Also hulk, if i buy a JDM, will it be ok to run it on 98 octane, thats all I can get around here ??
Old 29 July 2005, 03:24 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Also hulk, if i buy a JDM, will it be ok to run it on 98 octane, thats all I can get around here ??
If you're in the £24k price bracket I'd be talking to Iain Litchfield about a JDM STi, or a Type 20. His cars are always remapped for UK fuel.
Old 29 July 2005, 04:29 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
If you're in the £24k price bracket I'd be talking to Iain Litchfield about a JDM STi, or a Type 20. His cars are always remapped for UK fuel.
cheers Corradoboy, hmmmm JDM STi, better than a type uk then !!!!
Old 29 July 2005, 04:41 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Elmer Fudpucker
I will certainly not buy another brand new (UK)Subaru

My 05 STi is depreciating at over a grand a month currently
Don't say I didn't warn you.. http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=405645
Old 29 July 2005, 04:47 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by Danny B
come on then people I need opinions, not a new car then ??? 05 blobeye then or 54 plated one ??

i do have my eye on an 05 plate Type uk, up for 24495, PPP, mesh grille, would that be better Danny, hulk ,carradoboy???

Last edited by ChriSTi; 29 July 2005 at 04:52 PM.
Old 29 July 2005, 04:57 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

Forget UK cars and get this..

Subaru STI (JDM) (2005 Brand New), Twin Scroll Turbo, Equal length manifold, HID lights, 300bhp / 300lbft, Driver Controlled Centre Diff (DCCD), Obsidian Black Metallic, CAT 1 alarm system, UK Fuel remap, RAC Trackstar, Comprehensive Warranty (extendable) Special offers available on Type 20/25 conversions on this car! - £24,995 OTR

http://www.litchfieldimports.co.uk/stocklist.asp
Old 29 July 2005, 05:08 PM
crush her
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Danny B]Forget UK cars and get this..

Subaru STI (JDM) (2005 Brand New), Twin Scroll Turbo, Equal length manifold, HID lights, 300bhp / 300lbft, Driver Controlled Centre Diff (DCCD), Obsidian Black Metallic, CAT 1 alarm system, UK Fuel remap, RAC Trackstar, Comprehensive Warranty (extendable) Special offers available on Type 20/25 conversions on this car! - £24,995 OTR

http://www.litchfieldimports.co.uk/stocklist.asp[/QUOTE]

As long as you don't mind the pain of insurance
Old 29 July 2005, 05:09 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Danny, Would I be able to get one on a 55 plate then, with a bit knocked off cos the facelift is coming out ?

Crush, i have an import at the mo, v6 1999, WRX STi, insurance is £530 with a- -plan, 38 yrs old 65% blah blah
Old 29 July 2005, 05:13 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

cheers Corradoboy, hmmmm JDM STi, better than a type uk then !!!!
Much !

Speak to Litcho, but the one Danny B has pointed out will be excellent but at the top of your budget. Although it has the 05 geometry, there'll be little £ left for the T20 conversion (if you want it - TEST DRIVE BOTH). There is an 03 further down which will allow funds for the full T20 spec (Milltek exhaust, remap, fully adjusable suspension and full Whiteline kit). Iain will advise as to which will best suit depending on requirements and budget.

On the insurance side, my mate has a T20 and pays IRO £850 with A-Plan
Old 29 July 2005, 05:13 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Danny, Would I be able to get one on a 55 plate then, with a bit knocked off cos the facelift is coming out ?

Crush, i have an import at the mo, v6 1999, WRX STi, insurance is £530 with a- -plan, 38 yrs old 65% blah blah
Just been on Litchfiels it says MY05 JDM STI with DCCD - £26,995 is that right ??
Old 29 July 2005, 05:21 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

Yes, the one I pointed out has a £2k discount probably due to being one of the last in stock.
If it gets registered on September 1st then my guess is it will be a 55 plate.

Quick Reply: PPP Extension