ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best viewing point at Croft??

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2005, 09:38 PM
MAFFA
Scooby Regular

Location: Down South to Ooop North to Back Down South again!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Best viewing point at Croft??

Off to Croft tomorrow for the BTCC. Was wondering if anyone knew the best spot to sit and watch? Will be chillin all day in a camping chair

MAFFA
Old 17 July 2005, 10:29 AM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

It's not that big a circuit so you can walk around most of it. I like sitting on the grass bank by Complex as you can see a fair bit from there but the first bend after the starting straight (Clervaux) in always full of incidents.
Old 17 July 2005, 09:58 PM
MAFFA
Scooby Regular

Location: Down South to Ooop North to Back Down South again!!
Thumbs up

Yup we planted ourselves on top of that mound at the end of the first straight and there was loads of incidents

Firstly a Carrera Cup car hits the tyres right in front of me & they had to cut the door off to get the driver out who apparently broke his arm Then a Clio decided to destroy the tyres at the side of the track between Clervaux & Hawthorn by driving straight through them. And if all that wasn't enough there was the little incident between Jason Plato & Dan Eaves just after the Chicane

All in all a very eventful day although i've yet to find out what happened to Mark Proctor around the other side of the track that caused the first race to be stopped?? I'll have to catch up on the telly

Two bonuses of the day though....Those bleedin Lexus's stopped going round in the third race coz we were dying with the oil fumes!!!!! God they're useless!! Also there's a new lass in BTCC called Fiona Leggate & to be honest.....I would She did very well considering her car was running on sugar beet & wheat Did especially well to keep the car reliable for the three races when Lexus have yet to do that!!

Driver of the day though has to be Jason Plato for the pure magic of his driving in the third race....Thirteenth on the grid to third in 12 laps and some of the overtaking moves were more than breathtaking!

Oh & the weather was a result.....trackside I think it was around 30 degrees

MAFFA