Sponsored by:

Downpipe?

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2005, 05:06 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Downpipe?

hey, after a downpipe for my scooby type r, was wondering would it really matter is its stainless or mild steel? cos i can get a hks or apexi mild steel one for $157 from japan..
Old 18 June 2005, 05:23 PM
RoRu
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a HKS mild steel d/p fitted to my car its a closed mouth design (a blanking plate over the waste gate on the turbo) which most people seem to dislike as they say it causes the boost to rise to much as the waste gate cannot vent gas quick enough (boost creep), but luckily i don't have any issues with it, and the car still makes good power.

As for the quality i have no complaintes there either, it's been on the car 4 years and when i wrapped it in exhaust wrap last year it had no rust no it to speak of.

Last edited by RoRu; 18 June 2005 at 06:12 PM.
Old 18 June 2005, 07:44 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoRu
I have a HKS mild steel d/p fitted to my car its a closed mouth design (a blanking plate over the waste gate on the turbo) which most people seem to dislike as they say it causes the boost to rise to much as the waste gate cannot vent gas quick enough (boost creep), but luckily i don't have any issues with it, and the car still makes good power.

As for the quality i have no complaintes there either, it's been on the car 4 years and when i wrapped it in exhaust wrap last year it had no rust no it to speak of.
yeah heard the twin dump isnt as good as open neck d/p..may get one anyway to unleash a few more horsies..anyone got that www.scoobyworld.co.uk one?