Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2005, 07:00 PM
redbull1010
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Week

What a **** week got up Tuesday to find a speeding fine on the door step
37 mph in a 30 mph mobile speed cam.
Nice to see the police spending there time giving out points for such high speeds.
Should be a cop seems to me they can't get a ticket even 159 in a 70 zone
Example

37 in 30 zone 3 point + fine (to the public) 7 mph over the limit

159 in 70 zone THATS OK (to the police) 89 mph over the limit

Thursday on the way home from work on the A38 hit half a house brick blew front tyre out talk about pissed off low loader for me
Wheel ok amazed! tyre three weeks old Dunlop propa knackered

Before paying fine will be asking:-
pic of car speeding
Make of speed camera
who calibrated speed camera and proof that it is calibrated
And also to explain the procedure for calibation
Old 11 June 2005, 07:04 PM
mickp
Scooby Regular

Smile

Be quick mate nip round to the newsagents put a fiver on the lottery and hopefully your luck will change.

mickp

Originally Posted by redbull1010
What a **** week got up Tuesday to find a speeding fine on the door step
37 mph in a 30 mph mobile speed cam.
Nice to see the police spending there time giving out points for such high speeds.
Should be a cop seems to me they can't get a ticket even 159 in a 70 zone
Example

37 in 30 zone 3 point + fine (to the public) 7 mph over the limit

159 in 70 zone THATS OK (to the police) 89 mph over the limit

Thursday on the way home from work on the A38 hit half a house brick blew front tyre out talk about pissed off low loader for me
Wheel ok amazed! tyre three weeks old Dunlop propa knackered

Before paying fine will be asking:-
pic of car speeding
Make of speed camera
who calibrated speed camera and proof that it is calibrated
And also to explain the procedure for calibation
Old 11 June 2005, 08:10 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

And the covernment wonders why people are having little respect for the police these days.
Last year my credit card details was used by some Tosser to pay credit on a sex line. I informed my credit card company and the police, afterall it is credit card fraud. 3 days later I get informed off the credit card company that they need the crime number off the police, so I go to the police to ask for it "Sorry sir, we don't have a crime number for you, we put it down as an enquiry". What ??????? I enquired that I'd been a victim of credit card fraud ????. Do just over the speed limit, when it is perfectly safe to do so (depending where you are of course) and they soon give you a crime number. Another criminal brought to justice !!!!!!!!!!!

W***kers
Old 11 June 2005, 08:38 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Theres been several incidents of the police getting away with speeding in Derbyshire recently, so I don't blame you for asking the questions.

The cop caught doing the 159mph should be banned as an example to all the other police officers that think they can now get away with this utter crap. Its an absolute outrage, can we go out and 'test' our cars to know waht they drive like, i think not.

We normal law abiding people have to put up with stationary speed cameras just about round ever corner, if your strange to the area then do as i do and stick to 30 in built up places, unless theres clear speed limit signs. And then there the mobile camera brigade, some low life sitting in the back of a van, hiding it from view the best he can and nicking people for doing 4mph over the speed limit, its just not right.

Ive held a CLEAN driving licence for 20 years now, and have no doubt that one of these cameras will probably catch me unawears one day, was doing 45 in a 40 limit about 3 weeks ago and spotted a mobile sitting behind a for sale board and hidden away under a hedge as far as he could get it, is this kind of behaviour acceptable.

When we were on holiday last year we got friendly with a couple who were paramedics and everytime they pass through a red light with a camera OR speed camera they have to file a report(extra paper work) and tell the radio operator that a camera was passed. This is to prove that they was on a blue light at the time of the offence so they can be let off, if they cannot prove it. If the forget to report it or don't tell the radio operator then can can be fined, I think this is crazy.

I have experienced the brick sinario behind a skip lorry, half a brick lodged between the back wheels and the bloody thing flew out over my car at around 50mph on a dualcarriage way, god know what would have happened if it had hit the windscreen.

FULL sympathy with you, mate.

Last edited by BigRed; 11 June 2005 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11 June 2005, 09:31 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

That's bad luck mate, my wife got caught at 36 in a 30, given the choice of 3 points & £60 fine or pay £70 to attend 'speed awareness day' and get no points - she opted for the £70 and no points!
Old 12 June 2005, 01:11 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Anyone remember that poor paramedic taking a heart or something to a dieing patent last year. Human organs can only survive for so long in ice, so he was told to get there PDQ (pretty damn quick), blue lights flashing, outside lane, 120mph, .......ZAP done be a camera. The polive didn't give a f**k that he was delivering a heart, and that someone might die. No, all they cared about was banning the driver. Only after press, and public outrage did the covernment step in to aquit the poor bloke. the police were incenced by this, they still wanted to take him to court. W**kers.

Not all police are bed though. I live in Co. Durham, one of only a few counties that have no speed camera's. Top bloke that chief Sup intendant of Durham.