Sponsored by:

model reports for the type r sti 4

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2005, 12:32 PM
ali_j
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default model reports for the type r sti 4

i got a price list from millbrooks proving ground and i am not sure but are only these tests required:

1. Full Emissions report for Model Report £420
2. Full Noise report for Model Report £420

i believe those two are it.
i have e-mailed millbrooks 3 days ago but have not recieved a reply as of yet.

also will an sti with standard exhaust and gearbox pass both tests?
and i have put on a sti 6 front on it bumper, lights etc (dont think that makes a difference)

i was told by someone that if i contact subaru they can provide me with a report, is this true?

any help willl be appreciated.

Old 29 May 2005, 12:59 PM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

There is not a model report for a STI 4 .So stay away from it.
Old 29 May 2005, 01:31 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

No; theres a lot more to it than that. Youre doing this the wrong way round; first you should as the MoT whats needed..... The upside of course, is that youll be able to hire out use of the report when its completed. Whether a '97/'98 car will meet the emmission requirements is another matter. By choice Id be doing a V5 as Japanese domestic emmissions requirements became far more strict...

If you contact Subaru (International Motors) theyll tell you to f*ck off! Were you doing a V5 IMs having type approved the P1 would help as it could be used for the comparison tests.

Simon
Old 29 May 2005, 02:00 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

From VOSA's website:

Model Report Creation

The authorised Test Laboratory will carry out either, tests to the relevant E.U. Directive or, a detailed comparison of the subject vehicle against a Type Approved version. The information contained in a Model Report is derived from information supplied by the Test Laboratory as a result of theses tests or comparisons. A pro-forma detailing the specifications and information required is completed by the Test Laboratory which, together with individual test results, or in the case of a comparison test, the specification data, then becomes the “Test Report”. These vehicle specifications cover a pre-defined list of components that could have an effect on the result of the specific test. Each pro-forma will cover a different key area, although many individual items will be common. There may also be the requirement for some dismantling of the vehicle to identify certain components or features (e.g. ECU). Certainly in the case of comparison testing, dismantling will be necessary as for example, data for brake comparisons will have to include wheel cylinder or piston dimensions.

It is important to stress that only the person or body paying for the laboratory work can claim Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) to the results of the tests and the subsequent Model Report. Although many importers used the services of agents to commission laboratory testing for noise, emissions etc., those agents would not be entitled to have ownership of those Rights unless specifically authorised by the owner of the vehicle/purchaser of the test. Conversely, if the agent bears the cost of the laboratory work, then the agent is the owner of the data. VOSA can not accept test report documentation that did not clearly distinguish who the owner of the data was.

The Test Report and, as appropriate, test results are sent to the VOSA Technical Services Branch Swansea by the Testing Laboratory, in a specified electronic format. Technical Services Branch consolidate all the information provided to produce a Model Report for the vehicle.

It is not necessary for all of the Laboratory test reports that form the basis of the Model Report to have been carried out by the same Testing Laboratory although it is important for the same vehicle to be used throughout to ensure that the detailed information fed back to Technical Services Branch contains no variations.

The “version 1” of the Model Report is then sent to the VOSA SVA Testing Station for the ESVA test to be conducted. The details of this version 1 Model Report are verified by the examiner. Discrepancies are fed back to Technical Services Branch where any amendments necessary to the Model Report are made and version 2 can be produced. This indicates that the report is now “live” and can be used for subsequent vehicles.

Simon
Old 29 May 2005, 02:47 PM
ali_j
Scooby Regular

well the issue here is i imported a type r i had already paid for the car when the law became in effect, so i am looking for a way to register it. its sti 4 type r 1998/03. the M.OT and the model report test have the same emissions boudaries or are they different?

what about the single vehicle approval scheme? that i think costs £420 would i be able to do it like that without many issues.

thanks for the quick responses

Last edited by ali_j; 29 May 2005 at 02:50 PM.
Old 29 May 2005, 02:53 PM
ali_j
Scooby Regular

also why is a comparison test needed all the other subarus only require a noise and emissions is it becasue of it being a 2 door?
Old 29 May 2005, 02:58 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Its a shame that you didnt book your SVA (ahead) like everyone else did; you only needed the serial number from your Thatcham approved security device..... Every car that requires an E-SVA with a Model Report, will have to use a Model Report including the same data. Noise and emissions are only two elements, as clearly stated in the extract from VOSAs site.

Simon
Old 29 May 2005, 03:41 PM
ali_j
Scooby Regular

so in theory i get the part with tha car sorted (getting reports tested etc and passing the emissions, with a fully standard car) with the test centre, i will have a model report is that correct and once the gusy approve it at vosa or wherevere it wil be usable.

thanks GC8
Old 29 May 2005, 05:04 PM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

according my mate, who is in the business .if he could do one or anyone else for that matter they would be earning a fortune for a model report for the 4,5,6 impreza .the fact is its been tried before and no-one in england can do it as yet.Ireland might be a different matter .your car is already in the uk or on its way .i have a contact in ireland he said it would be £1500 for 4,5,6. truth is i think he is full of s;;.'; as he would be importing them by the ship load and making 5k per car like everyone else would.
Old 29 May 2005, 07:16 PM
ali_j
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by THOMO
according my mate, who is in the business .if he could do one or anyone else for that matter they would be earning a fortune for a model report for the 4,5,6 impreza .the fact is its been tried before and no-one in england can do it as yet.Ireland might be a different matter .your car is already in the uk or on its way .i have a contact in ireland he said it would be £1500 for 4,5,6. truth is i think he is full of s;;.'; as he would be importing them by the ship load and making 5k per car like everyone else would.
well it's been here for a few months now we take it for a spin every now and then but whats the point withouyt using it properly best car impreza i have owned. well whats involved with the ireland as two of my bros finish thier school pretty sonn say 1 month and have 2 months free, you reckon i could send them to ireland with the car (with someone towing it) and they can get it done as they can drive? what do you think what will it cost if we try that way.

oh and yeh if ur mate had that oppurtuinty he would be making **** loads i have seen sti 6's going for just above 5 grand kitted up for rally's, you can make like 5 g's easy with those.

if the model report way is not too bad i don't mind paying the 800 or so for it as i will import more for my bros and maybe to sell.

thanbks for the responses.
Old 29 May 2005, 09:28 PM
scooby-woo
Scooby Regular

Just a thought, maby worth having a chat to svaimports.com . They seem to have alot of type r, including v4....
Maby they can help

Neil
Old 29 May 2005, 09:39 PM
ali_j
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby-woo
Just a thought, maby worth having a chat to svaimports.com . They seem to have alot of type r, including v4....
Maby they can help

Neil
thanks i e-mailed them gonna call em after the bank holiday
Old 30 May 2005, 04:29 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by THOMO
Id agree that V4s will be difficult but V5s and V6s shouldnt be too difficult as Japanese emissions legislation tightened up considerably. A V4 could be converted to pass but Im not sure that itd be a worthwhile business proposition, seeing as every car using the report would have to be similarly adapted.

Simon
Old 30 May 2005, 04:32 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Btw; youre looking at closer to £4,000 for a Model Report, not £800, thats just for a couple of tests; theres a ****-load more involved.
Old 30 May 2005, 11:23 AM
ali_j
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Btw; youre looking at closer to £4,000 for a Model Report, not £800, thats just for a couple of tests; theres a ****-load more involved.
hmm...what about the single vehicle approval scheme whats the cst for that and what other test are needed exactly? i do agree a v5 or v6 had better emissions becasue of that agreement with the u.k or whatever but i have this and might as try to do something with it and try and rent it or import some to bring back some of the 4k.
Old 31 May 2005, 09:53 AM
ali_j
Scooby Regular

dave boon just replied about the cost etc and for s single vehicle it will cost:
860 for emissions
325 for noise + 210 for each report

and for full he said just noise and emissions is needed nothign else and the cost £420 each.

might think about this some more and have the cars emissions and noise tested out somehow to save losing money.

thanks
Old 31 May 2005, 09:58 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

what about buying a smashed up type r and reshelling it?
Old 31 May 2005, 10:39 AM
ali_j
Scooby Regular

just relaized you meant in the u.k. not a bad idea you know of any?

thanks