Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

scoobyless - for a while at least.....

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2005, 11:11 AM
markwild
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scoobyless - for a while at least.....

After blowing up my gearbox in March, and having a new one fitted, it went AGAIN on Thursday last week -

same thing - mid-range overtake in third - blown up third gear , had to drive 40 miles home in 4th only.....

Anyhow, I can't afford to replace the box with a stronger one and I can't chuck a UK box at it every 2 months (!), so its off the road

'Hoping' I can rebuild the box and fix one or two other niggles other the coming months, but may have to decide to scrap for parts, which is mega

I'll still try to frequent scoobynet, as I'm a paid up member with plenty of enthusiasm still, but if anyone sees me driving a black mini cooper, you know why.....

Cheers,

Mark
Old 28 May 2005, 12:22 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Bad news mate, what sort of power you running to destroy 2 gearboxes in a short time.

Bloody Scooby gearboxes!
Old 28 May 2005, 12:47 PM
BLACK V5
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by markwild
After blowing up my gearbox in March, and having a new one fitted, it went AGAIN on Thursday last week -

same thing - mid-range overtake in third - blown up third gear , had to drive 40 miles home in 4th only.....

Anyhow, I can't afford to replace the box with a stronger one and I can't chuck a UK box at it every 2 months (!), so its off the road

'Hoping' I can rebuild the box and fix one or two other niggles other the coming months, but may have to decide to scrap for parts, which is mega

I'll still try to frequent scoobynet, as I'm a paid up member with plenty of enthusiasm still, but if anyone sees me driving a black mini cooper, you know why.....

Cheers,

Mark

Just killed mine. What sort of price did it cost to replace the first.
Old 28 May 2005, 02:39 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

My old MY00 cost £1,250 for a new 5-speed Uk gearbox all fitted, unfortunatly it happened a couple of days after I sold it to my cousin, which he had to pay for.
Old 28 May 2005, 02:45 PM
BLACK V5
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
My old MY00 cost £1,250 for a new 5-speed Uk gearbox all fitted, unfortunatly it happened a couple of days after I sold it to my cousin, which he had to pay for.

Been quoted £1300 to supply and fit MY99 JDM WRX. So price seems about right.
Old 28 May 2005, 02:52 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BLACK V5
Been quoted £1300 to supply and fit MY99 JDM WRX. So price seems about right.
Have you tried APi's there prices seem resonable on gearboxes. Might be worth a look unless you have already.

http://www.apiengines.com/
Old 28 May 2005, 07:42 PM
markwild
Scooby Regular

Blimey - I had Scoobyclinic fit the first replacement - A uk box for 650 quid inc fitting...

The first box on mine was the original box, with 140000 miles on it - so I wasn't entirely surprised. However, my last power hike was in December, so I guess in reality it only lasted a couple of months on the current power.

While at scoobyclinic, I had it on their rollers (after the new box was fitted) - It was showing 320bhp and 300 lbs/ft - which is 112 bhp more than when I bought it - which is nice, but I guess at a high price..... Its very nice to drive, when it has all gears, so I'll be hoping to resurrect it... (Maybe I'll fit a 2.5 while its off the road....)