Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Evo8 Traffic Police Car - A419 Cirencester/Swindon

Old 13 May 2005, 01:46 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evo8 Traffic Police Car - A419 Cirencester/Swindon

Popped out at lunchtime and spotted a silver Evo8 police car on the A419 Cirencester/Swindon, fully stickered up!

I spotted him hiding behind some traffic as I was going round the turnpike roundabout at Blunsdon, he then discretely slotted in behind the van that was following me. For the next 5 miles down the dual, I could see him edging out from behind the van every so often to see if I was going to hoof it off down the road. Sneaky sneaky!

Sorry mate, i'd spotted you and only felt like doing 69mph today.

On the way back to work I saw a written off (judging by the mucho damage ) Ferrari F360 Modena on the back of a low loader.

Don't think it was anything to do with the Gumball as there were no stickers, or evidence of recently peeled off stickers.
Old 13 May 2005, 01:53 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan
I spotted him hiding behind some traffic as I was going round the turnpike roundabout at Blunsdon, he then discretely slotted in behind the van that was following me. For the next 5 miles down the dual, I could see him edging out from behind the van every so often to see if I was going to hoof it off down the road. Sneaky sneaky!
Worried he'd catch you
Old 13 May 2005, 01:55 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Not unless it was an FQ330 or better, and even then he'd be carrying a couple of hundred KG over me at least.

Looked like a 260 though, very tame looking spoiler on it.
Old 13 May 2005, 02:15 PM
New_scooby_04

Popped out at lunchtime and spotted a silver Evo8 police car on the A419 Cirencester/Swindon, fully stickered up!

On the way back to work I saw a written off (judging by the mucho damage ) Ferrari F360 Modena on the back of a low loader.

Don't think it was anything to do with the Gumball as there were no stickers, or evidence of recently peeled off stickers.
That is sneaky!

Regarding the choice of car, didn't something similar happen at the height of the Cosworth craze, where the police couldn't keep up with the cars that were being stolen, so they asked if they could have a couple too!

NS04
Old 13 May 2005, 02:36 PM
cockers
Scooby Newbie

On the subject of fuz in EVO's, there's also a Silver unmarked 330 in sussex. It patrols the M23 and surrounding areas. Luckily I saw it in time and slowed to 69 before they caught up. Still stopped me for a ticking off though.
Old 13 May 2005, 03:14 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Marked/Unmarked 280bhp Lexii and now Evo8 fuzz mobiles in Wiltshire, what next, lambos ala the Italians?
Old 13 May 2005, 04:46 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

there's a white sti-8 near my area (tamworth) looks game as f**k!!
just needs some black 18's and would be rather cool

Old 13 May 2005, 05:42 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Had a chat with the sales guy in the mit's show room in swindon a couple of months back. He said the swindon old bill had just taken delivery of Two white EVO 8's, think they where 260's. so that makes three in swindon.

Also spotted a unmarked lexus GS300 (Black) out side a Pizza Go Go on fleet street a month or so ago, flip up lights on parcel shelf, it had pulled over some guy for picking up a hooker. made waiting for a pizza quite interesting!!!!!!!
Old 13 May 2005, 06:30 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cockers
On the subject of fuz in EVO's, there's also a Silver unmarked 330 in sussex. It patrols the M23 and surrounding areas. Luckily I saw it in time and slowed to 69 before they caught up. Still stopped me for a ticking off though.
Theres a silver 260 around the M23.
Old 13 May 2005, 06:50 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by S.B.
Theres a silver 260 around the M23.
A mate spotted it on the M23 today about half five. Pulled over an Audi A4. No more races with Evo's I think.
Old 13 May 2005, 10:38 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Back in the old days we had unmarked XR3i's and 209GTIs up here, then the boys at ford went mad and we got some very nice high spec Spah Cossies.

Those days are long gone now though and we only have boring volvos now

However one of the special traffic units gets nicer cars such as an A3 3.2 DSG and the odd WRX...
Old 14 May 2005, 02:22 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cockers
Saw that yesterday; similar situation - I gave them a wave as they went past me (I was at 70 - 75-ish). A bit further up the M23 they'd pulled some poor bloke in an Audio.

The reg is something like WX04 ___ if I recall. It has one extra aerial on the roof, and a rear-screen sun blind pulled down.

Be careful out there...
Old 14 May 2005, 04:05 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ru'
The reg is something like WX04 ___ if I recall.
All Evos have WX as that is the registration office at Portbury.
Old 14 May 2005, 09:05 PM
speedy1
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks for that, i use the 419 during the week. I bet their up for a bit of trade next saturday