Sponsored by:

sti8 handling info please

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2005, 07:19 PM
my cossy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sti8 handling info please

hi chaps i was just wondering what to get to make my sti8 handle better so far its got ff-7s (18s) ,prodrive springs ,front and rear strut braces,and ive just bought a H-brace for the front can someone put me in the right direction for more goodies on where to go next as i dont know .....
cheers
Old 09 May 2005, 08:18 PM
cat7
Scooby Regular

Default guess it depend on where you thing the current shortcomings are?

Originally Posted by my cossy
hi chaps i was just wondering what to get to make my sti8 handle better so far its got ff-7s (18s) ,prodrive springs ,front and rear strut braces,and ive just bought a H-brace for the front can someone put me in the right direction for more goodies on where to go next as i dont know .....
cheers
what do you want out of the chassis....directness, balance and what you want to use it for...fast road, track?

Either way I imagine an adjustable setup would be nice
Old 09 May 2005, 08:20 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

they are set up, from the factory, to be 'safe', so you need to get the geometry set by someone who knows what they're doing.

scoobyclinic, prosport, xtreme, powerstation etc, but depends on where you are.
Old 09 May 2005, 08:26 PM
my cossy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RRH
they are set up, from the factory, to be 'safe', so you need to get the geometry set by someone who knows what they're doing.

scoobyclinic, prosport, xtreme, powerstation etc, but depends on where you are.
ive got the prodrive settings i like to have a play up the back roads so i want it not to do much body roll if you guys know what i mean
Old 09 May 2005, 09:38 PM
Foxmod
Scooby Regular

I've got the same set up as you mate, 18's and prodrive springs. I'm looking for uprated rear anti-roll bar and solid drop links next.

BTW did the rear and H bar's make a big difference?? I have the front only at the mom

Dave
Old 09 May 2005, 10:02 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Question

ive got the prodrive settings i like to have a play up the back roads so i want it not to do much body roll if you guys know what i mean
When you say you've got the prodrive settings do you mean via your dealer?
Only asking because mine only handled properly after it went to an expert for the shambles of + and - settings that the dealer had done to be sorted out.
Once it had been set up correctly it handled like a dream!
Old 09 May 2005, 11:08 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

As Foxmod says. The ARB's are where you need to be looking, and having some adjustability is a bonus. I've recently fitted a Whiteline 22mm rear adjustable and it has dialled out loads of the dreaded understeer and made the car much more stable when cornering. I started off on the middle setting as everyone recommended, but after a quick try of the hardest (5 minute job to change) I prefer that. I think with Prodrive springs then the middle setting would be perfect for road use, but being able to make it stiffer for the odd trackday or looser for winter or family outings is great IMHO. I intend to add the springs shortly, and will probably compliment it with a front adjustable ARB (I think Perrin do one, if Whiteline don't) and the Anti-Lift Kit. I don't mind compromising the ride, as long as it corners well

PS. Don't forget to change the flimsy flexible plastic droplinks whilst your at it.
Old 10 May 2005, 07:57 AM
my cossy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Foxmod
I've got the same set up as you mate, 18's and prodrive springs. I'm looking for uprated rear anti-roll bar and solid drop links next.

BTW did the rear and H bar's make a big difference?? I have the front only at the mom

Dave
i dont have the rear one (didnt know if you can get it ) and im waiting for it to arrive where do i look for the roll bar and drop links any ideas
cheers
Old 10 May 2005, 08:57 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

i dont have the rear one (didnt know if you can get it ) and im waiting for it to arrive where do i look for the roll bar and drop links any ideas
cheers
Try the usual places, TSL, Powerstation, Scoobyclinic etc. I believe Demon Tweeks do good deals on Whiteline stuff. There are 2 types of droplinks, alloy (£80) and steel (£35). The ARB's can be either fixed rates, 22mm or 24mm are the usuals. Alternatively go for the adjustables. I'm not sure if Whiteline do a front adjustable, but I know that Perrin definately do.
Old 10 May 2005, 09:59 AM
my cossy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Try the usual places, TSL, Powerstation, Scoobyclinic etc. I believe Demon Tweeks do good deals on Whiteline stuff. There are 2 types of droplinks, alloy (£80) and steel (£35). The ARB's can be either fixed rates, 22mm or 24mm are the usuals. Alternatively go for the adjustables. I'm not sure if Whiteline do a front adjustable, but I know that Perrin definately do.
cheers mate which drop links do you recomend steel or alloy
Old 10 May 2005, 10:10 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I have the steel, as I had spent enough on the day and needed to compromise. I think the only real benefit to having the alloys is that they won't corrode. They look nicer too, but when is anyone gonna see 'em