ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2005, 08:15 PM
Pitzi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help

I am trying to bring in a Japanese import to Souh Africa.

The local bureau of standards wants some kind of paperthat shows the car is homologated or suitable to european crash specifications. The car is an S203.

How do you get something like this in the UK??

If you indeed get a document like this, I would need to get a copy to show the local authoruities that a Jap spec Impreza indeed complies with european crash standards.

Would appreciate any help!
Old 14 April 2005, 06:56 AM
Pitzi
Scooby Regular

Can anyone help??

I tried mailing Litchfield to see how they get around this but they dont reply to their mail
Old 14 April 2005, 12:50 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

It doesnt conform Im afraid; it may well do if it were tested but it hasnt been. The Japanese type approval numbers will be on the certificate of de-registration but thats as close as youll get. If there is a Model Report available to hire for this model then someone has paid for a comparison test; this will establish that the car is similar in construction to a car with EU type approval but I cant see how this will help.

Im surprised that theyre insisting on EU type approval especially when there a no links between the countries. When you consider that SA is a third world country Id have thought that the least of their transport problems come form a non Euro-approved Impreza...

Simon