Collecting MY05 STI soon

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2005, 07:42 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Collecting MY05 STI soon

Folks,

I've traded in my MY02 STI PPP for the MY05 STI PPP and am likely to be collecting it on Thursday.

So, I was asking about driveability differences between the two cars on another thread - but didn't get much joy(may have been the title though!)

So, I heard that the MY05 STI is much more responsive than the MY02 STI - anyone confirm.
The PPP won't be fitted until its first service.

Any other pointers I should look out for?

All advice greatly appreciated.

Shaun
Old 22 March 2005, 09:04 PM
BOBBY G
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Made the same move as you are about to embark on.
Just got the 05 STI back after it's 1000 mile service, PPP fitted today too.

Well, for starters, the ride is improved, with the car feeling as though it is gliding across the surface instead of bouncing like the 02 STI did.
Handling is soooooooo much better. None of that horrible washout understeer that the 02 suffers from, and also a lot less of the frightening snap oversteer to follow on from that.

You will instantly be able to corner faster and with more confidence in the 05. Soon you will learn that it relishes being chucked in to corners, and if you are enthusiastic with the right foot she will tend into oversteer, but lightly lifting sorts that out.

I am sure that I have still got a lot to learn about the handling characteristics, but it is already deeply impressive!

Happy motoring and have fun!!!

Bob.
Old 29 March 2005, 08:20 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BOBBY G
Made the same move as you are about to embark on.
Just got the 05 STI back after it's 1000 mile service, PPP fitted today too.

Well, for starters, the ride is improved, with the car feeling as though it is gliding across the surface instead of bouncing like the 02 STI did.
Handling is soooooooo much better. None of that horrible washout understeer that the 02 suffers from, and also a lot less of the frightening snap oversteer to follow on from that.

You will instantly be able to corner faster and with more confidence in the 05. Soon you will learn that it relishes being chucked in to corners, and if you are enthusiastic with the right foot she will tend into oversteer, but lightly lifting sorts that out.

I am sure that I have still got a lot to learn about the handling characteristics, but it is already deeply impressive!

Happy motoring and have fun!!!

Bob.
OK, picked the car up on Friday and OK its being "run in", but its actually quite impressive in standard form compared to my previous MY02STI regarding engine response etc before it got the PPP fitted.

Turn in on cornering is something else, although I can't help but think what'll these tyres be like on a non dry surface!

Car is so much more comfortable and nice to sit in and drive.

Its quite noisy because of the tyres though.

PPP being fitted at first service.

Shaun
Old 29 March 2005, 07:13 PM
cheesy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ENJOY!!