Sponsored by:

Fed up trying to sell my01 wrx

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2005, 10:29 PM
big_xavier
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Fed up trying to sell my01 wrx

Guys I am fed up trying to sell my01 wrx, its wrc blue ( the right colour)
its got prodrive kit on and apart from the smallest dink in the bonnet its imaculate with full history and 32k miles on it. And i am asking £10,500
Is that too much ?
I search high and low for this car, seeing lots with lower miles but stone chips and dents every where, then i saw this it was like show room condition, i paid £12k for it 5 months ago.
i have had several people round that all agrea she drives perfectly and they cant fault it, and have been offered silly money.
Am i asking too much ?
I am confussed.
Old 01 March 2005, 11:20 PM
pete P1
Scooby Regular

keep your chin up mate,i deffinatly dont think thats an unreasonable price.

good luck, pete
Old 02 March 2005, 12:08 AM
dr_ming
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

It doesn't look good:

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=406719

With dealers giving heavy discounts, and 3 years free servicing, plus the fact that Impreza residuals seem to have dropped throught the floor, I guess that £10.3k sounds a little steep. Parker's values it at somewhere between 10.3k and 10.8k depending on the exact registration (I assume it is a bug-eye?), but that is top-dollar. I guess it depends on how long you're willing to wait. Depressing really.
Old 02 March 2005, 01:50 AM
monty baber
Scooby Regular

10.5k for a low milage 01 WRX with ppp is a steal, fact is nobody is buying cars at the moment ( it is starting to pick up imo ), I would value your car at £12k nothing less, It seems to me that people love undervaluing each others cars at every opertunity,

I am sure the market will be at full strength by June/July and i'm sure cars will sell for their true value at that time, hold on if you can
Old 02 March 2005, 07:39 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Cars are only worth what someone will pay for them. That's the long and short of it.

I think you are slightly overpriced to attract interest, but not much. I'd put it on below 10 (maybe 9.5), and say that you're intending to swap parts back to standard at that price but are open to offers. Disclose that bit once you've got someone interested enough to come and see the car/discuss options. Someone will pay a few hundred to swap a prodrive ecu, etc...

Monty, 12K is simply daft. If an MY03 went for 11,300 the other day then there's no way an MY01 will get near that. My 03 my03 wagon with about 2 grand's worth of extras went for just over 12.5.

You need to work out how much the car owes you, how much you need to get rid of it, how much you want to sell it, look at the competition and price accordingly. If you start getting emotionally attached, you'll never sell it.

Good luck - seriously. I've been stupendously lucky selling my 2 scoobs on Scoobynet: both were sold to the first viewer within 3 days. It's getting the first viewer that's important.
Old 02 March 2005, 09:06 AM
GrollySTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by monty baber
10.5k for a low milage 01 WRX with ppp is a steal, fact is nobody is buying cars at the moment ( it is starting to pick up imo ), I would value your car at £12k nothing less, It seems to me that people love undervaluing each others cars at every opertunity,

I am sure the market will be at full strength by June/July and i'm sure cars will sell for their true value at that time, hold on if you can
It doesn't matter what time of the year I have EVER tried to sell a car, someone has ALWAYS said "it will pick up in a few months".

No offence but that has NEVER been the case for me!!!!

Just recently ( a couple of months before Christmas) I was selling a car and was told to hang on until the new year because it was a better time........was is ****.

Remember as time goes on it will be worth less and less. (learnt by experience)

Sorry for the bad news.
Old 02 March 2005, 09:53 AM
pbee
Scooby Regular

There are right and wrong times to sell cars. before and after christmas is a no no, and so is arounf new registration time as so many people will be trying to get shot of theres and the auctions get full of dealers unwanted trade ins.

New financial year of april is a good time, but you have to weigh up your car being another month older and woth less anyway.

Trending Topics

Old 02 March 2005, 09:57 AM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by pbee
There are right and wrong times to sell cars. before and after christmas is a no no, and so is arounf new registration time as so many people will be trying to get shot of theres and the auctions get full of dealers unwanted trade ins.

New financial year of april is a good time, but you have to weigh up your car being another month older and woth less anyway.
Spot on

dipster
Old 02 March 2005, 10:14 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cars ALWAYS sell for their full value if they have been advertised correctly - its simple market forces, this car is not worth the asking price to anyone who is looking at the moment.

If its a Bug-Eye then they have their own particular problems ...... being one of the ugliest cars ever made does NOT help residuals ....... a MY00 Classic at £8500 is by far a more attractive proposition (it simply LOOKS so much better)

Not sure if its modified or an Import? Both of these things kill used values

Pete
Old 02 March 2005, 10:33 AM
Vipa
Scooby Regular

Bear in mind a brand new 05wrx can be had for a shade over 16k (granted no PPP but that's only 1500 quid) 12k is over the odds!
Old 02 March 2005, 11:25 PM
big_xavier
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the comments guys, it was only october that I bought the car and I couldnt find one as clean as this, and now i am only asking £10K and it is a bug eye.
depressing I have done 1000 miles and lost £2k.
Old 03 March 2005, 09:16 AM
Nixon
Scooby Regular

Pay cheques for February are now sitting pretty in many peoples bank accounts, so with a little joy the market should start to pick up