Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone had a discount on a UK 2005 STI ?

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2005, 08:42 AM
ColinM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone had a discount on a UK 2005 STI ?

I am considering buying a UK 2005 STI PPP and was wondering if I could expect any discount off list price. The best I could do on my 98 Turbo a set of car mats
If anyone doesn't want to print in public what they got please PM me, thanks.
Old 18 February 2005, 08:54 AM
ProdriveSTI
Scooby Regular

Location: My Beautiful STi is now sold, tho on the look out for another MINT scoob.

Originally Posted by ColinM
I am considering buying a UK 2005 STI PPP and was wondering if I could expect any discount off list price. The best I could do on my 98 Turbo a set of car mats
You might get 3-4 % off if you try hard -
Tho Subaru have put the price up by £250+ in Jan 05.... Car is now 26,250 & not £25,995.

Now comes with 3 years free servicing...
Old 18 February 2005, 09:07 AM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i paid 23995 just before the price increase
Old 18 February 2005, 09:09 AM
GrollySTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobydooooo
i paid 23995 just before the price increase
You mean to say you got £2000 off??

That's a hell of a discount - nearly 8% !!!!!

I assume that the PPP was on top of that?
Old 18 February 2005, 09:18 AM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

that was the basic price for an sti , whithout the ppp .
Old 18 February 2005, 09:19 AM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

I to would like to know hehe I went to the Preston Subi dealer and they offered me STI 05 for £25,200 without me even trying, with no part ex on my part.

I will of course be trying to knock them down some more and will go to another dealer if need be. What dealer was the 2k discount with scoobydooooo?
Was the car you bought pre reged or anything like that... and ... can anyone recommend best time to buy price wise.. ie end of a month or something when they need to hit targets etc...

Any help appreciated thanks
Old 18 February 2005, 09:28 AM
GrollySTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by budgie55
I to would like to know hehe I went to the Preston Subi dealer and they offered me STI 05 for £25,200 without me even trying, with no part ex on my part.

I will of course be trying to knock them down some more and will go to another dealer if need be. What dealer was the 2k discount with scoobydooooo?
Was the car you bought pre reged or anything like that... and ... can anyone recommend best time to buy price wise.. ie end of a month or something when they need to hit targets etc...

I always thought Feb and Aug were good times to buy because most people want their cars to be the new regs.This may also mean that in March there will be some cheaper pre reg (ie 54 not 05) cars.
Old 18 February 2005, 09:40 AM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Smile

I got a discount on my UK MY05 WRX ( I know its not the STI )
list price was 20,500 and got them to let me have it for 19,300 plus a very good price on part exchange

Dealer said to me he would increase the discount as he wanted the figures for the 1st March !!

I have found with my last two cars ( The Scoob and Clio 172 ) having knowledge of the import price and spec is a good bargaining tool to get the dealer to come down on price, managed to get Renault down by 2500 on the Clio 3 years ago
Old 18 February 2005, 10:15 AM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Good discounts can be had on STI's and WRX's has been that way for several years now ,That's why the Re-sale values of them are shot to bits now, If you get it off at one end you will pay for it at the other, Still fantastic cars though.

John
Old 18 February 2005, 10:20 AM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

no it's brand new , it was from hyltons in shrewsbury
Old 18 February 2005, 10:29 AM
HURRELLY
Scooby Newbie

Smile Paid £24K

I paid £24K last December and I got the 6disc CD changer fitted + Typr UK mats free of charge.
Old 18 February 2005, 10:45 AM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

eek at £25,200 then for the std STi 05 with no mats and 1/2 tank of fuel seems I'm being a little short changed. Especially as you seem to have got the 6cd changer and mats for free and at 1k less than I am being quoted atm :/

Time to ring round some more dealers I think... why is it so difficult to get a good deal on new cars now days... its like getting blood out of a stone.

I looked at the import route but when you add in an alarm, tracker, tracker subscription and 3 years roadside cover and servicing the saving is only small.. around £700 or so.
Old 18 February 2005, 11:16 AM
montymole1
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Well, I have purchased a new MY05 STI with DCCD option from Motorpoint of Derby for 22k.....no security on the car as it's an euro import.

The only thing now is I have to wait till march 1st......and it's doing my head In !

But 22k is a 3.5 k saving !

Originally Posted by scoobydooooo
no it's brand new , it was from hyltons in shrewsbury
Old 18 February 2005, 11:35 AM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

presume you will be sticking some security on there monty ASAP

I havent made the purchase yet but as I mentioned did look in to importing.

I was going off figures like

Cat1 alarm and Tracker £600
3 year servicing £600 ish??
1 year sub on tracker £120
3 year breakdown £?? not a clue (wouldn't expect a new car to need this anyhow )
more expensive insurance for import (god knows why for same spec car as UK??) worked out around another £300 on top of the UK model premium

presume yours came with the 3 year pan-euro warranty?

hmmm I get around (gets calc out) £1600 plus 1k discount off list price thats £2600

must have missed summat somewhere

Do you need to underspray the imports aswell? So many pros and cons to imports left me wondering whether the saving was worth the hassle ... I know this has come up many times on the forums from searching but I just cant make my mind up..

How were motorpoint ?
Old 18 February 2005, 12:10 PM
Baby Blue
Scooby Regular

I've just got nearly £4k off a new 5dr WRX

BB
Old 18 February 2005, 12:14 PM
wrxseeker
Scooby Regular

Its not an STI but, yesterday a dealer quoted me £18995 for a metallic wrx saloon (list £20500) - which is 9% +.

I rang round a couple and used the prices from one to beat the other down.

Still looking at a Euro import though even with having to get an alarm.
Old 18 February 2005, 12:51 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

more expensive insurance for import (god knows why for same spec car as UK??) worked out around another £300 on top of the UK model premium
There should be no difference in insurance between a parallel Euro sourced full UK spec import and a UK car. JDM grey import is a different matter. Emphasise to the insurer that it is UK spec (or don't mention the 'I' word) and you should have no extra to pay.
Old 18 February 2005, 01:20 PM
montymole1
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well the security is gona cost me the following,

300 for toad sigma s30
325 for tracker monitor
then 20 for locking wheels nuts

not to sure about under coating???

and yep you do get the 3 year warranty as i have been on to sccoby uk....as long as you give then the original sales invoice then it's all good.

As for motorpoint.....well they dont seem to know much about what they are selling.....ie the diffs between uk cars and imports on the scooby....but i guess if you do the home work for your self and accept that they just sell cars in bulk then....no probs really.

As for insurance....I am going with Privalige for £640 full comp / protect with 6 years no claims.....i have told them it's an import and they dont mind, they seem to be more interested that it's got a tracker fitted !!!

What I will say is that if you put a named bird on the insurance it seems to bring it down by £120 .....

presume you will be sticking some security on there monty ASAP

I havent made the purchase yet but as I mentioned did look in to importing.

I was going off figures like

Cat1 alarm and Tracker £600
3 year servicing £600 ish??
1 year sub on tracker £120
3 year breakdown £?? not a clue (wouldn't expect a new car to need this anyhow )

presume yours came with the 3 year pan-euro warranty?

hmmm I get around (gets calc out) £1600 plus 1k discount off list price thats £2600

must have missed summat somewhere

Do you need to underspray the imports aswell? So many pros and cons to imports left me wondering whether the saving was worth the hassle ... I know this has come up many times on the forums from searching but I just cant make my mind up..

How were motorpoint ?
Old 18 February 2005, 01:26 PM
Powerkiter
Scooby Regular

I paid £18,400 for a WRX last May from Hyltons at Worcester. Also included the three years servicing.

This was when a lot of the dealers I telephoned even refused to discount the £20,500 price.

Are they now offering free servicing on the STi's ?
Old 18 February 2005, 02:49 PM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

yup, free servicing on the Sti's
Old 18 February 2005, 05:07 PM
ColinM
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will be sticking with a UK for sure.

yup, free servicing on the Sti's
Thats one good reason why I am considering a new car very soon.
Old 23 February 2005, 05:42 PM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

did you manage to settle on a good price with a dealer anyone??

I just been on to a dealer who said they have 10% to play around with on the list so by my reckonin thats £2625... given this I would guess I should be able to maybe get one for around 24k mark with a 6disc autochanger and mats ... anyone had any further experience with the 05 WRX STI scoobs??

Cheers for any replies
Old 23 February 2005, 06:13 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

I just been on to a dealer who said they have 10% to play around with on the list so by my reckonin thats £2625... given this I would guess I should be able to maybe get one for around 24k mark with a 6disc autochanger and mats ... anyone had any further experience with the 05 WRX STI scoobs??

Cheers for any replies
That sounds vey good, when we bought our Spec B, couple of weeks ago we were told we could have £500 off an STI because some of the marketing support had gone into the Free Servicing, but we got £2K of the Spec B, but even then that was a pre-registered car, with 9 miles on the clock.

I would go for that if I were you before they change their mind. Mind you I was also told that the motor trade was dismal at the moment.
Old 23 February 2005, 06:19 PM
jmk
Scooby Regular

Montymole1 - are you sure you MotorPoint car comes with DCCD? I called them about this a few weeks ago and they stated it def doesn't come with DCCD?
Old 23 February 2005, 06:40 PM
Shortboy
Scooby Regular

Anyone worried about the facelift (replacement?) supposedly in 2006? I'd love to move up to an '05MY STi, but if it gets replaced in 12 months I'd be a bit fed up. And I'd be concerned about residual values.
Old 24 February 2005, 01:04 AM
scoobimax
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shortboy
Anyone worried about the facelift (replacement?) supposedly in 2006? I'd love to move up to an '05MY STi, but if it gets replaced in 12 months I'd be a bit fed up. And I'd be concerned about residual values.
That very much depends on what the replacement looks like IMO.

I'm wanting to change up to a new STi but the look of the replacement may scupper my plans if I'm not in a position financially to make the swap before the current blob eye is replaced.

Max
Old 24 February 2005, 07:42 AM
bigknd
Scooby Regular

Try Sainsburys Drive program (See WhatCar Mag) they were offering around 11% off all Subaru's at mo but you didn't get the 3 years free servicing (worth around £800 )
Old 24 February 2005, 07:44 AM
ColinM
Scooby Regular

Cheers for any replies
I am waiting till after a 24hr test drive I have sheduled to get quotes from dealers. Wow, 10%, which dealer is that ?
Old 24 February 2005, 09:24 AM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

I am waiting till after a 24hr test drive I have sheduled to get quotes from dealers. Wow, 10%, which dealer is that ?
that was the widnes dealer ... I have not hammered down a fixed price yet but quite a few I have phoned were saying that for an 05 STi with mats, full tank and 6cd changer they would be looking at around the 24k mark. Obviously with the dealers they arent willing to play all their cards on the table over the phone, quite understandibly, however I have now made my mind up that if no one can do the car for 24k or very close with the above mentioned extras then I will walk away.
So if any dealers close to the Wigan area are on here I am in a position to sign on the dotted line if you can give me what I'm looking for.

I dont think I can be to far out if you take the dealer saying he has 10% to play with on the list thats £2625 off £26250 leaving £23625 add in a changer (£230), Mats (£30), tank of fuel (£50) thats £23935 ... so somewhere around the £24k mark should be attainable I hope.
I really wish it wasn't such hard work trying to get a gr8 deal out of the dealers... sometimes it feels like its you doing them a favour parting with best part of £25k when it should be the other way around... ah well until UK prices fall truely in line with Europe then there are always going to be buyers who drive a hard bargain... on the flip side there are many more who would pay the list and be happy... dont get me wrong I have nothing against dealers...a fter all they are in it to make as much money as possible, like any business is

Last edited by budgie55; 24 February 2005 at 09:28 AM.
Old 24 February 2005, 09:31 AM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shortboy
i can see your point but it's only money !!

Quick Reply: Anyone had a discount on a UK 2005 STI ?