Sponsored by:

UK Sti v Standard WRX+PPP

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2004, 11:39 PM
eng622
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK Sti v Standard WRX+PPP

Thanks for advice so far but need more. Looking at recent threads it would appear that a standard car with PPP is around 0.4 secs faster 0-60 than the sti. This I find difficult to accept given the small torque differences. Are the Sti figures pessimistic or the standard ugraded ones optimistic?
I edge my bets on going for an Sti but please read my other threads.
Thanks Melvyn
Old 29 November 2004, 11:43 PM
STILee
Scooby Regular

Either way I'd go for the STi brakes gotta stop too!
Old 30 November 2004, 08:31 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I have a WRX PPP, and have on occaision driven friends STi8's, although they have also been PPP'd. The primary reason for the STi's 0-60 time being so similar is the 6 speed gearbox, which necessitates a change to 3rd to hit 60, where the WRX can just do it in 2nd. As we all know, 0-60 times are not really good benchmarks for demonstrating the overall driving experience of any car, and it would be better if mags and manufacturers would also supply us with in/through gear accelleration figures. Of course, how the car combines its performance with its handling can only be illustrated from the drivers seat, so a test drive will always be the best way to answer your questions. On the road, I keep up with the STi's, but it isn't easy and in retrospect I wish I'd saved a while longer and gone for the more focussed performance driving car over the very fast everyday saloon.