Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2004, 07:07 PM
DRW
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bug-eye bargains?

Hi,

Can anyone here help me out?

I'm currently compiling a small feature for a car magazine, in which I'd like to interview an Impreza Turbo owner who's bought a UK bug-eye model second-hand in favour of a more expensive facelifted car. It's basically to say what bargains they are.

All the owner would need to do is answer a few questions (by phone or email) in the next day or so, and be willing to have their photo taken (with the car) for the magazine.

Please send me a message if you fit the bill, or know anyone else who might. It'll give you chance to see your Impreza in print, at least...

Cheers.
Old 10 November 2004, 10:08 AM
Valkeerie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DRW
Hi,

Can anyone here help me out?

I'm currently compiling a small feature for a car magazine, in which I'd like to interview an Impreza Turbo owner who's bought a UK bug-eye model second-hand in favour of a more expensive facelifted car. It's basically to say what bargains they are.

All the owner would need to do is answer a few questions (by phone or email) in the next day or so, and be willing to have their photo taken (with the car) for the magazine.

Please send me a message if you fit the bill, or know anyone else who might. It'll give you chance to see your Impreza in print, at least...

Cheers.
I don't want to feature, but you may be interested in my comments.

I have a MY01 WRX bugeye. It is, as you say, a decent car. It is quick on-boost, but the torque and gearing don't work well together in average urban stop-go traffic; whenever the car in front slows down, I find myself in a torque-hole and embarrassed by diesel vans, fiestas, and motorised egg-whisks.

I've driven a couple of MY03 WRXs, and they have a much brisker and more flexible engine - noticably better in my opinion.

I didn't want to sell the car, but I have been so irritated by the performance I have had PPP fitted. This makes a big difference, not so much to the overall power as to the spread of torque. In some ways I think the MY03 WRX without PPP is still a better car than my MY01 with PPP - it feels more poised and balanced. On the other hand, my MY01 bugeye with PPP is now a car I genuinely like, it is as fast as I need it to be, and it sounds just right.

So yes, it is a good buy, but it is only good until you drive one of the later models ;-)
Old 10 November 2004, 02:01 PM
Trumble
Scooby Regular

I went from MY99 to MY02 bugeye (new) and am currently taking a real panning on trying to sell it second hand - the market has disintegrated - I'm down to 11.5K and no one wants to touch it.

Yes I think there are bargins to be had see my advert (shameless plug ); theres nothing wrong with the bugs (expecially with morettes), they arent the raw original but more refined.

I have driven an STi8 and am gagging for a new one but as yet havent shifted my bug.

T.

Last edited by Trumble; 10 November 2004 at 02:03 PM.