Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FOLLOWED HOME FROM WORK!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2004, 06:58 PM
subaruwr1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation FOLLOWED HOME FROM WORK!!!!!!!

Coming home from work tonight put foot down away from some road works only to have a Rav4 follow me like a right idiot.Anyway pulled away but was caught up when behind more cars.Followed me for 45 mins with me taking turns into other roads at last minute aswell.Anyway ended up going miles away from my house to a place I knew I could lose him.
LOST HIM...AND MADE WAY HOME SWIFTLY.
Bit confused as to if I am imagining it or if he was really following me???
Old 05 November 2004, 07:12 PM
asagi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subaruwr1
Coming home from work tonight put foot down away from some road works only to have a Rav4 follow me like a right idiot.Anyway pulled away but was caught up when behind more cars.Followed me for 45 mins with me taking turns into other roads at last minute aswell.Anyway ended up going miles away from my house to a place I knew I could lose him.
That sounds well dodgy. You did the wise thing by driving away from your home before losing him - good thinking.
Old 05 November 2004, 07:19 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

You're probably not imagining it at all !

A long time ago i had a brand new discovery and was followed home from my work, I realised i was being followed and did all the same tricks as you late turns and he still followed, So i went back to work ( after all he new where i worked ) He drove on by when i turned into the car park and knew he was rumbled.

Four day's later the back wheel was stolen off the back of the Disco, from outside my home, Rang the police and the responce was " Oh no not another one " The thieving Scum bags hit 17 4x4's in one night in a 3 mile radius, Same MO just taking the Spare wheels off the back doors and at £400 a time they had a good night.

I now try to vary my route as much as possible with having the Scoob, But you only need a neighbour down the pub telling what you have tucked away in the garage

So you're right to beware !
Old 05 November 2004, 09:37 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

I had that happen once about 7 years ago, it turned out to be CID and i ended up losing my licence. Just go easy if you think someone's following you, lose them in a supermarket car park etc rather than hammering it off into the distance.
Old 05 November 2004, 09:59 PM
MarvSTi5
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan
I had that happen once about 7 years ago, it turned out to be CID and i ended up losing my licence. Just go easy if you think someone's following you, lose them in a supermarket car park etc rather than hammering it off into the distance.
Just happened to me too - unmarked police car right up my chuffer, late at night in the middle of nowhere so booted it away to open a gap, slowed back down and he was right behind me again. Pulled away again only a bit quicker and the blue lights come on. Police at their best winning hearts and minds
Old 05 November 2004, 10:15 PM
New_scooby_04

You're right to be suspicious. A good trick is to circle the bloke, no-one genuinely going in the same direction as you up to that point would follow you around in circles!

Probably best not to hoof it, for the reasons outlined above!! find somewhere public like a petrol garage.

Best.
Old 05 November 2004, 10:48 PM
AsianGunner
Scooby Regular

this might sound well stupid but just to test the water, if u come up to a round about of a decent size, circle it once or twice an surely they'll not follow u.

if u have a newish scooby then someone wanting to steel it is bound to want to follow u an do there homework, as new model cars are normally stolen to order.

my mate had a brand new yaris t sport and he was once followed, but not very far cos he weren't far from home, a few days later someone broke in to the house took the keys to the car an drove off.........the reason it was definatly stolen to order is that his keys to his fto type r were right next to the yaris keys, an thats a far better car, surprise surprise the police didn't find it......
Old 06 November 2004, 12:02 AM
Echo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MarvSTi5
Just happened to me too - unmarked police car right up my chuffer, late at night in the middle of nowhere so booted it away to open a gap, slowed back down and he was right behind me again. Pulled away again only a bit quicker and the blue lights come on. Police at their best winning hearts and minds
I was coming home very late from London via Aylesbury to Oxford recently and spotted Plod parked up. Shortly afterwards a car came zooming right up then stuck behind me trying to make me go faster. As it was dark I couldn't tell who it was so kept my nerve and stuck to the speed limit. He was being a real pest, slowing down then seriously tailgating trying to get me to zoom off.

Anyway, after a bit he got fed up and turned around. I could see in the rear view when he was turning that it had been plod after all. I really, really think that police who act like this should be kicked out but what are you to do, follow them, get their reg then complain? They'd be round to find anything to 'do you' wouldn't they? Grrrr.

Sorry to rant!

Mike
Old 06 November 2004, 12:10 AM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

At local Halfords I had 2 guys checking the car out big time - so i took a pictures of them with phone camera, smiled and got in the car. They werent happy, drove off at speed and I caught them at the roundabout - followed them, then veered off in the total opposite direction to my home. Still have the pics of them and the car - and the reg
Old 06 November 2004, 12:38 AM
AsianGunner
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Marky-San
At local Halfords I had 2 guys checking the car out big time - so i took a pictures of them with phone camera, smiled and got in the car. They werent happy, drove off at speed and I caught them at the roundabout - followed them, then veered off in the total opposite direction to my home. Still have the pics of them and the car - and the reg
brave an clever mate!
Old 06 November 2004, 12:48 AM
hades
Scooby Regular

Someone following close behind - if you are genuinely believing they're posing a hazard, phone the police - IIRC you are still allowed to make emergency calls on a mobile when driving. If it's police following they'll probably back off, or try and nick you for using the phone (so make sure you do dial 999). If they don't then you have evidence that'll stand up in court if you speed away to prove entrapment. Simple law - no-one is allowed to encourage someone to commit a crime to secure an arrest!
Old 06 November 2004, 07:45 AM
buzzuk
Scooby Regular

Think we need to develop an oil slick type thing, like james bond. Or a smoke screen or or or...........
Old 06 November 2004, 09:10 AM
TDT
Scooby Regular

What a surprise, the Police getting a bashing again Good ole Scoobynet

I have a selection of routes home. Because I come home at funny times I'm always really wary if I have a car on my tail for more than a couple of miles. I got followed by two guys on bikes while I was out with the missus the other week. Even pulled into the petrol station and just sat there watching me. Took them on a little detour via the back yard of the local nick

Got followed on the motorway by a RAV 4 with 4 up, only problem was I was going into work (suffice to say my "office" is on the side of the motorway ). They got a VERY nasty surprise when they followed me down our private off slip!
Old 06 November 2004, 12:06 PM
big_xavier
Scooby Regular

lol @TDT, did you have your discount suit on at the time mate ?
Old 06 November 2004, 12:29 PM
theotherphil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been followed before. I did as TDT did and pulled up outside the Local Police Station. The following car slowed, realised I was at a Police Station and made a hasty retreat.
Old 06 November 2004, 12:33 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

I was followed twice in my Mini - once was unmarked police who moaned (after even tually pulling me over) for noise of car

Another time it was well dodge, 2/3 blokes in a Mk II Golf - I went away from my house back into town and found a police car, told them what had happened and if they could help me but instead they told me to go home and review my home security
Old 06 November 2004, 01:18 PM
TDT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by big_xavier
lol @TDT, did you have your discount suit on at the time mate ?
Nah, always travel to & from work in civvies. There were a few people on the yard who did have theirs on though!
Old 06 November 2004, 02:51 PM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by buzzuk
Think we need to develop an oil slick type thing, like james bond. Or a smoke screen or or or...........
That's called an in car boost controller isn't it

Turn it up and out comes a slick of oil!!

Last edited by highlander68k; 06 November 2004 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06 November 2004, 03:16 PM
bigunit
Scooby Regular

Best thing to do if your sure that you have a tail drive to the nearest police station pull up outside get out quick and take down the other cars reg walk in you dont even have to report it if you dont want to, wait 2 mins and off you go.
Thats what a copper told my girlfriend to do when she was followed home from work one night.
Old 06 November 2004, 03:28 PM
Ubik
Scooby Regular

Location: Covered in stickers in the year of the HUGE concrete
Thumbs down hearts and minds? hearts and minds? I'll give bl**dy hearts and minds!

Originally Posted by MarvSTi5
Every sodding Friday night when I drive over the moors into Sheffield I have a police car race up my 'arris full beam and then stick to me like glue. The first time it happened it was only because I was cooling my turbo that I didnt stick my foot down (with full beam on its impossible to tell who it is behind you).

Imagine my suprise when I turned into where I live I looked down the road to see one of her majesty's blue light taxis wandering off.

Four weeks in a row now. Sometimes from side roads, sometimes from laybys. I mean to report him if I can get a reg number.

Puts the ****s up me, everytime! I don't expect to be harrassed by the f'ing plod for doing nothing wrong.

Thing I dont understand is that he usually picks me up in Derbyshire and then proceeds into south yorkshire. So as yet I dont know who to report it to, with a plate I they can narrow it down.

To say I am mad about it is putting it lightly.
Old 06 November 2004, 03:32 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

May I?
Old 06 November 2004, 03:34 PM
Ubik
Scooby Regular

You enjoy nibbling those corners mr Po.
Old 06 November 2004, 03:35 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about the plod Ubik. I wonder what their reasoning is?
Old 06 November 2004, 03:37 PM
Ubik
Scooby Regular

Who cares? They need to stop scaring the pants off me. Middle of Derbyshire on my own listening to radio four, nice and relaxed and then lights and tailgating.

Cue sweaty brow and butterflies in the tummy.
Old 06 November 2004, 04:00 PM
V6NUT
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Ubik
Who cares? They need to stop scaring the pants off me. Middle of Derbyshire on my own listening to radio four, nice and relaxed and then lights and tailgating.

Cue sweaty brow and butterflies in the tummy.
I would pull over and ask him what his problem is....A few years ago well about 10 I had a astra GTE and i used to get harrased they same way as you except they would eventually pull me over...After about the 10th time as soon as they started following me i'd just pulled over and gave them the "yes it's my car, no i'm not a theif, it's all legal...blah blah....They soon gave up harrasing me
Old 06 November 2004, 05:15 PM
julian N/W wrx my93
Scooby Regular

but if your car was stolen would you want the police following every impreza?
Old 06 November 2004, 05:40 PM
Flat 4x4
Scooby Regular

If you know its Police, why don't you just pull over then follow them ?
Old 06 November 2004, 10:06 PM
R1916v
Scooby Regular

I'd do as said before, just pull up outside the local nick.
Old 06 November 2004, 10:25 PM
Luke C
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Whoa!!!! Bizarro or what..................... Just nipped to the petrol station tonight and on the way home I looked in my rear view mirror to see a green RAV 4 driving about 2 inches off the prat magnet. After refusing to widen the gap I slowed to almost stopping point, then put my foot down and said goodbye! To my amazement the RAV 4 came speeding up behind me as i slowed down and followed me into my village. After all this it turned off a few houses down from ours and that was that.

Just seemed weird that there seems to be a bit of a RAV 4 thing going on today! Mind, Id be pretty pissed off if i had one!

No offence to anyone who has one but really you would have to question your sexuality.

RAV 4 = 0 STI 5 Type R= 1

Ho Ho Ho
Old 07 November 2004, 10:49 AM
Ubik
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by julian N/W wrx my93
but if your car was stolen would you want the police following every impreza?
Julian,

If its mine I wouldnt want it back but I know what you are saying. I am not one to soil my pants when someone follows me, its the fact that mr plod is driving about a foot away to my back end for several miles until I get home. Besides which if they suspect it is stolen can they not check the registration? Why do they have to drive so close? If my car was stolen why would it do the same route at the same time every friday night with the same looking gimp driving it (me)?

Originally Posted by Flat 4x4
If you know its Police, why don't you just pull over then follow them ?
Because I just want to go home and get to bed to kick out some zeds.

David

Quick Reply: FOLLOWED HOME FROM WORK!!!!!!!