Sponsored by:

OPI clowns

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2000, 04:07 PM
phill chinn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Yesterday I received a letter from OPI demanding nearly £300 for the outstanding balance for the cancelled insurance policy? As you can imagine I was somewhat bemused by this, as not three weeks or so earlier I had received a letter informing me that they had taken £100 from my account via my switch card. On inquiry I find out that my policy had been cancelled on the 24th July, three days of uninsured driving.
I was fu(king furious, god help me if I had knock a child over or dinked me motor? they say I was sent by recorded delivery a cancellation notice, which neither my wife or I signed for (so your guess is as good as mine who did)? but surely I would of contacted them on receipt of that and sorted it out then. I’m now with someone else and have paid it all off so this situation doesn't arise a again.
So be warned make sure your insurance company takes your payments on time and for the full amount, and especially if your with these clowns!!!!!
Old 27 July 2000, 04:24 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the advice, Im with OPI too. My policy has been going for 6 months and Im cancelling in 2 weeks.

Harj....
Old 28 July 2000, 08:18 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

I'm with OPI, and have found them superb. No problems at all, great advice, great service, and a premium for the impreza £150 cheaper than anyone else could manage. My renewal is almost 2 months away, and I have already had a phone call to remind me, and some figures as a guide as to what I can expect.