Sponsored by:

12oz of carnuaba @£9.99

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2000, 07:46 PM
S600BYY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

please don't start about it not being as good as ww,however it's not mold release wax it's the pukka stuff.if you want some buy it if you don't don't just refrain from going into one im just passing on info
Old 10 July 2000, 11:00 PM
PEELY
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that !!
Just ordered some this afternoon from GRP-£11.87, and no FREE CLOTH !!
Old 10 July 2000, 11:28 PM
Harry
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks for that!!
Will order some tomorrow afternoon-£9.99, and a FREE CLOTH!!
Old 10 July 2000, 11:36 PM
MTR
Scooby Regular

Talking

MTR

[This message has been edited by MTR (edited 17 September 2000).]
Old 11 July 2000, 09:20 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Cool

MTR

Yep, Alexander's black wax crayon temporarily covers up real bad stone chips. After crunching very gently into a dry stone wall in a car park I was checking out a "touch up" product in Halfrods, which I think was £11.99 and on reading the bumph and ingredients realised it was a deep navy blue wax crayon with some bits of man made rag to shine it up.

I wouldn't suggest "Art Attack" for all the little spotty stuff but it made my first and deepest one hardly noticeable on the leading edge of the bonnet. I tried dark blue but the white undercoat showed through. On the plastic spoiler it worked a treat. I've always had a problem with touch up paint, it tends to blob and not blend in and ends up looking worse than the stone chip. Obviously, size matters!
Old 11 July 2000, 01:33 PM
brooks
Scooby Regular

The home page for the wax in question is :
Old 11 July 2000, 06:52 PM
MTR
Scooby Regular

Talking

MTR

Old 11 July 2000, 07:58 PM
S600BYY
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

isn't it piggin marvelous i find the sodding stuff an go to order some and you lot have beaten me to the last of the existing stock.a one week wait until the next boat load comes over so any feed back as to how good this gear is from those of you lucky enough to get some would be good,and from what the lady at auto house said on the phone there are plenty of you who did get some

[This message has been edited by S600BYY (edited 11-07-2000).]
Old 11 July 2000, 09:00 PM
BHORT
Scooby Regular

You can buy 1kg of pure Canuarba wax from many chemical suppliers if you want to for about £25, not sure how you would get on waxing you car with it though

It is used widely for things like coating tablets, preparation of cosmetics and making fruit look shiny in fact it is generally described as a compound to be used where a hard shiny coating is required.

No inference that ww wax is not worth the money etc, etc use Zymol myself and it is very effective 7000miles DBM no stone chips.

Brendan
Old 11 July 2000, 09:05 PM
CLS
Scooby Regular

Cool

I don't want to upset any body, and I dont't have any wax wizard products as yet but I did look at the site and it was somewhat basic, especially about the carnauba wax. I only mention this cos the tin looked very similar to a tin of 'WAX' I bought years ago for about £2.00 from a local Car Accessorie shop. I recently used this product to wax my Dad's car and lo and behold carnauba wax. It did look good after I'd finished but surely just cos it says Carnauba doesn't necessarily mean its brilliant and worth paying the earth for?
Old 11 July 2000, 09:38 PM
Paul Wilson
Scooby Regular

CLS, you're right mate, its not just down to if something is in, its also what else in in there. Also how much carnuaba is in these products? I know the percentage in WW stuff and don't in the others.
Worth also thinking about the fact that the mothers wax is a "cleaner wax", that means it has got solvents and/or abrasives in it.
Old 11 July 2000, 11:13 PM
Bright Kar
Scooby Regular

MTR,

There is a guy posted "tinted windows vs rollerblinds for little un.".

He is looking at shielding his new baby boy from the sun.

I think he was thinking of spending some actual money to do this. It seems immidiately apparent to me that you need to go to the news group and tell him how to do it (maybe sellotape and super market carrier bags or some other money saving idea).

Get other there quickly mate before the guy foolishly buys the right equipment.....

bkar

[This message has been edited by Bright Kar (edited 11-07-2000).]
Old 12 July 2000, 12:51 AM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've tried many polishes over the years and am always willing to give a new (to me) product a go.

I've tried all sorts from quick spray applications to full wax and colour match types, but I always return to 'MER' or 'Autoglym'. With 'Autoglym' having the slight edge as it is slightly easier to buff off.

However, if you guys can tell me were you ordered your Carnuba wax from (in the U.K for £9.99 or £12.99) and weather you got the Wax or the liquid. I too will give it a go.
Old 12 July 2000, 09:02 AM
brooks
Scooby Regular

I asked Mothers direct the Carnuaba content (% by volume). Here is there reply:

Do to company policy and prudence, we do not discuss our formulas in any way. But I can tell you that years of research and development have gone into determining the optimum percentage of carnauba wax to use. To use any more would be wasteful, to use any less would be ineffective. Please do not get caught up in the hype of some companies that claim to have huge amounts of this or that....what does not go on the car, stays on the rag.
Old 12 July 2000, 03:15 PM
autobarn
Scooby Newbie

Cool

Hi Guys, this is us, the people selling the wax. We're sorry if you think that there's not enough detail on the website. We sell a number of products, and can't always detail everything. Especially when there's not much detail from the manufacturers. Here's what it says on the tin:
"The easy to use carnauba paste wax for cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats and airplanes!"
Safe for clear coats and all paint finishes. Contains genuine Brazilian carnauba wax for maximum shine and long lasting protection. Mild cleaners remove light oxidation, dead paint and other surface contaminants."

It also says it's combustible and shouldn't be used near heat, sparks or flames, which is interesting as a lot of Hot Rodders use it! We know it's very popular in the US and we like it, but hopefully one of you will have received their package today, so you can judge for yourselves. The last tin is going in the post now, until next week.

Let us know if there's anything else we could find for you, we can do Limo tint which comes on a roll, so that might be useful for shielding sun from the back seat.

Lorena
americanautobarn.co.uk

PS If the person who didn't get a cloth from elsewhere really really wants one, send us an SAE and we'll send one out!
Old 12 July 2000, 07:01 PM
S600BYY
Scooby Regular

Talking

scott.t the whole popint of this thread was to show people where to get said wax so go to the top of the page and click on web address you silly billy
Old 12 July 2000, 07:18 PM
MTR
Scooby Regular

MTR

Old 12 July 2000, 09:20 PM
sickboy
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I bought some of the Honeywax, then decided to buy a kit from Wax Wizard - the wife's car is in a right state, and I figured I could fix it up and use the products on my Scoob too.

If anyone wants to make me an offer for the unused tin I've got drop me a mail.

Just for your info, it smells exactly the same as the Merlin Wax - feels similar too. But I don;t want to get into an argument here..

Maybe when I've sorted the wifes car, I'll use the honeywax on it once a month.....

[This message has been edited by sickboy (edited 12-07-2000).]
Old 13 July 2000, 12:58 PM
APJ
Scooby Regular

There was 30% carnuaba in Honeywax - wonder how much in this one. Again, must be better then the stuff in Halfords for a tenner!

Andrew
Old 13 July 2000, 08:46 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Hi Guys

Getting more interesting everyday.

The Mothers Product is a Cleaner Wax and yes it does contain carnauba wax plus distillates, swilicones etc etc etc. Good price? Yes I think so.

However I have in stock over a thousand 473ml bottles of Cleaner Wax with a 15% Carnauba wax content with almond meal as the cleaning agent. No silicones and no polymers either. To boot it is NOT FLAMMABLE as it is a water based product. A totally natural product.

Can we sell it despite offering? No we cant.
The price is £8.50 incl VAT or as a special it is £11.50 including a large 100% cotton buffing towel and postage.
WoW

[This message has been edited by Mark Underwood (edited 13-07-2000).]
Old 13 July 2000, 08:54 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Have just got ready a new wax in answer to the price critics.

It has 30% carnauba, mineral solvent, banana oil and its cheaper and available in 2 sizes at 100ml under £7 and a 200ml pot at £12.80. All less SIDC discount of 15% plus the dreaded p&p.
Old 13 July 2000, 09:15 PM
Andrew Timmins
Scooby Regular

Question

Mark,
Is this stuff you can't sell the Zymol cleaner wax?

If so I think it is fantastic value, I bought a bottle from you at the Motor Fair. It is far better than Autoglym etc without having to pay a fortune or clean then wax the car.
Old 13 July 2000, 10:00 PM
MTR
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

MTR

Old 13 July 2000, 11:54 PM
APJ
Scooby Regular

Question

Wots ml in oz's?!?!
Old 14 July 2000, 12:51 AM
MattT
Scooby Newbie

Mark Underwood,

Can you post your phone no. here.

Cheers

MattT
Old 14 July 2000, 08:47 AM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Andrew...you are dead right. Its good stuff and used as directed will do a very admirable job. Trouble was zymol wanted to skin one alive as the current retail is 20 squid plus p&p.

MTR It will bill my pleasure indeed and its in the diary. Sure no wars etc just good old fashioned fun. I'll be able to show you our new wax to rival the Honeywax.

APJ...473ml is big... a tad under half a litre. What it is in ozs I have no idea. The yank measure ment is wierd anyway and time they grew up. Remember US liquid measurement and or volumes are less than our old fashioned litres. Oner US gallon is about 3.8ltrs.
Old 14 July 2000, 09:16 AM
jase555
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi Mark Can You Give Me Contact Details , I Am Interested In Some Wax For My Car. At The Moment I Do Not Have A Scooby , Found The Board A While Ago Looking For Information As I Was About To Import, Then Found Out About Launch Of New Car So I Decided To Hold On For A While (Thoughts Were Should Be Plenty Of Old Shape Scoobs Around If I Dont Like The New One)

Anyway Can You Give / email Me Some Details

Thanks

Jase

shipley.jason@virgin.net
Old 14 July 2000, 01:17 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
APJ

1 US fluid oz is 29.6 ml
1 UK fluid oz is 28.4 ml

Why there is a difference is beyond me!

cheers

Justin
Old 14 July 2000, 07:52 PM
S600BYY
Scooby Regular

Question

has anyone got their mothers wax yet?

S600BYY
Old 16 July 2000, 10:34 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

OK Guys

my email address is info@waxwizard.com
and our contact number is 0800 074 1608 Monday to Thursday 0900 thru 1730 and Fridays 0900 thru 1530.

On Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays our number is 0402 822544

WoW

Quick Reply: 12oz of carnuaba @£9.99