Sponsored by:

00MY V Reg Prodrive Imprezza

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2004, 05:39 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 00MY V Reg Prodrive Imprezza

I have been offered a year MY2000 UK spec Subaru Imprezza with Prodrive upgrade kit, Clifford Concept 300 alarm, Turbo Timer and Alpine face off 12 disc boot loader. 49 000 miles on the clock and FSSH for £7500. I am assuming this is a good buy. Excuse my ignorance as this will be my first Scooby purchase.

Last edited by Moray; 18 August 2004 at 02:27 PM.
Old 16 August 2004, 05:41 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Seems pretty good to me,

Just check it CAREFULLY and have it inspected if you don't know a lot about cars.

Brian
Old 16 August 2004, 05:44 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Ok thanks, how does the performance compare with your car? I assume the MY with prodrive pack is still very rapid at 240 bhp. Havent test drove one yet so dont have a clue.

Originally Posted by wrxmania
Seems pretty good to me,

Just check it CAREFULLY and have it inspected if you don't know a lot about cars.

Brian
Old 16 August 2004, 05:45 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Go drive then I think you'll find it is "rapid".

Yes the Prodrive pack ups the power a good bit, and the driveability of it too.

Brian
Old 16 August 2004, 05:51 PM
sasim
Used to work here!!

Talking

Welcome to Scoobynet Moray

FYI - MY just means Model Year i.e. MY2000

A 2000 model with a PPP should be a nice motor.

If you tell us where you are located someone might be able to give you some local advice and even go along with you to look at the car.

Stuart
Old 16 August 2004, 05:53 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sasim

If you tell us where you are located someone might be able to give you some local advice and even go along with you to look at the car.

Stuart
Good point Stuart,

There are a few folk who would be pleased to help out locally - however I note it has now been moved away from the local section?

Brian.
Old 16 August 2004, 05:56 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the nice reply. I live near Ayr. Its actually a workmate so I see the car daily and I doubt if he would sell a bad egg to me. He isnt short of money so he hasnt scrimped on servicing and had prodrive kit fitted professionally. Is there anything specific I should check on the bog standard 2000 turbo with prodrive installed? I know cars fairly well as use to be a mechanic but I am dumb on scoobies. All I know its a boxer engine with Turbo and prodrive kit uprates exhaust, ECU and intercooler piping. All comments welcome. Thanks Again

Originally Posted by sasim

Stuart
Old 16 August 2004, 06:01 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

also how reliable are the Turbos if warmed up and run down each time correctly? I assume they will last indefintely if cared for, or do the bearings etc foul up? I know older turbo cars were not so reliable but you dont really here of many scooby ones blowing up !!!
Old 16 August 2004, 06:06 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Very if looked after although there are exceptions and choose your mods with care. Do a search on it. There is much has been written and debated here.

Brian
Old 16 August 2004, 06:52 PM
st33ly
Scooby Regular

Seems a very good price to me mate!
Old 16 August 2004, 08:23 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

My last scoob was a my/00 with PPP very nice car a lot torqueyier than my my/02 without PPP, in fact the two were a world apart the PPP picked up far better, of course classics are about 100kgs lighter as well. Your car seems good value, spend £100 on a AA or RAC report do an HPI and you could end up with a very nice very quick motor.
dave
Old 16 August 2004, 09:20 PM
TAINTON
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by misty
My last scoob was a my/00 with PPP very nice car a lot torqueyier than my my/02 without PPP, in fact the two were a world apart the PPP picked up far better, of course classics are about 100kgs lighter as well. Your car seems good value, spend £100 on a AA or RAC report do an HPI and you could end up with a very nice very quick motor.
dave
Good solid advice from Misty.

Price sounds very good indeed.
I purchased MY00PPP with 30K beginning of this year from Subaru Dealer and cost 12.5K bearing in mind I knew the previously owner.

Car is very rapid indeed when compared with my cousins standard MY99.
Pulls much stronger in each gear and gives kick in the back when on boost.

Good Luck
Ashley
Old 17 August 2004, 01:22 AM
brendy
Scooby Regular

Check if it is a euro import as it has a non-standard alarm - almost identical to my euro import.
If it is it is still good value but worthwhile knowing.
Old 17 August 2004, 11:36 AM
D Noble
Scooby Regular

Moray

almost certainly it is a good buy, the only thing you will have problems with is a juddery clutch, v/w/x all have it and will cost £850 to fix, still at 7.5 k, it is still a deal. someone mentioned euro import, my last one was and sold it last october for £9500, i got a good price, the buyer got a good price everyone happy!, but as far as i know the prodrive kit wasnt allowed to be put on to a euro import! but that shouldnt stop you ,go for it,
where abouts does your mate hang about as i live in ayr and dont recognise the spec of that one!

best regards
dave
Old 17 August 2004, 12:06 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Hello Dave,

Well ive taken everyones advice and bought it. Get it Sunday. Dave and everyone thanks for the advice. The guy selling it lives near Bathgate. It is a UK car but it was taken back into UK via Denmark to save on TAX. Maybe thats why it has Non Standard CAT 1 clifford installed. But its fully FSSH and in good nick so will let everyone know how it goes.

Thanks Again

Moray

Originally Posted by D Noble
Moray

almost certainly it is a good buy, the only thing you will have problems with is a juddery clutch, v/w/x all have it and will cost £850 to fix, still at 7.5 k, it is still a deal. someone mentioned euro import, my last one was and sold it last october for £9500, i got a good price, the buyer got a good price everyone happy!, but as far as i know the prodrive kit wasnt allowed to be put on to a euro import! but that shouldnt stop you ,go for it,
where abouts does your mate hang about as i live in ayr and dont recognise the spec of that one!

best regards
dave
Old 17 August 2004, 12:10 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Hello Misty,

Well thats good to know a torquier car Has anyone ever had theirs flat out and what will it do top end ?

Moray

Originally Posted by misty
dave
Old 17 August 2004, 12:23 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Don't buy it. Real imprezas only have one 'z'.
Old 17 August 2004, 12:41 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Bubba po - top singing in muppets t'other day BTW.

Moray welcome to the clan - enjoy your car.

Visit the Scotland events section to look for local meets and drives - always something on the go - welcome to attend any of them. See you at one of 'em.

Brian
Old 17 August 2004, 01:32 PM
sKunk
Scooby Regular

Congrats man! Hope to see you at some scottish events this year
Old 17 August 2004, 02:50 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Yes, I cant type either hence all the typos - brain dead ;-)

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Don't buy it. Real imprezas only have one 'z'.
Old 17 August 2004, 03:14 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

what a bargain, V plate for £7500 wow... dread to think where the value of mines gone
Old 17 August 2004, 03:16 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Well thats good to know a torquier car Has anyone ever had theirs flat out and what will it do top end ?
Don't know mate. I never go over 100mph in any car!!!! in my mind not worth the risk, it's usually an instant ban! and I couldn't live without the car mate.
But how fat I get there is a different matter I've not got the Scoob now but it was a very fast car up to 80-90mph.
dave

P.S. Not as fast as my EVO though!!!

Flame suit at the ready
Old 17 August 2004, 04:13 PM
madfiddler
Scooby Regular

Lucky lucky... anyone want to offer me the same deal?
Old 17 August 2004, 05:35 PM
Re-Bitten Hero
Scooby Regular

I have exactly this car, and seen the other side of 140mph on the German autobahns here, still pulling strongly until the ECU railed in the boost for safety

These are superb cars, the only thing is to be ABSOLUTELY sure it doesn't have an after-market air filter fitted, except the official STi one which is ok. Otherwise you will sooner or later have the engine go (as I did) because of an aftermarket filter. Bye bye 3000 quid . But before the engine went (actually caused by MAF sensor being killed by the filter) it was 55000 miles and simply the best everyday Classic I've been in - quiet but burbly in normal driving; let rip and it sounds amazing! Drive around all day with the rear windows down . Made 255bhp/254lbft on two separate different rolling roads and feels worlds away from the standard car. Same speed as an STi 8 (ask BMWhere? ).

Good price for this car! Mine was brought in from Holland btw to save tax and I've had no problems.

Still own it .

Richard
Old 17 August 2004, 08:32 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Hello Dave,

Well the guy is loaded and I think he wanted quick sale as he picks up his 3 year old BMW M5 for 28k next Tuesday. He did say he was selling it for at least £500 under book price. I see Parkers value them at over 8k. Also with the Prodrive kit at £1600 it really is a bargain. Right place at right time I know scoobies dont generally go that cheap.

Moray

Originally Posted by davegtt
what a bargain, V plate for £7500 wow... dread to think where the value of mines gone

Last edited by Moray; 18 August 2004 at 02:24 PM.
Old 17 August 2004, 08:38 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Hello Richard,

Thanks for the info, its definitely bog standard apart from Prodrive upgrade. Is the MY2000 4 door saloon with Prodrive kit installed really faster than a standard STI 8? You say check the air filter is standard STI one, I assume you know the car I am getting is not STI model but bog standard imprezza turbo with PPP! Or is it an STI filter in that model?

Thanks again
Moray

Originally Posted by Re-Bitten Hero
I have exactly this car, and seen the other side of 140mph on the German autobahns here, still pulling strongly until the ECU railed in the boost for safety

These are superb cars, the only thing is to be ABSOLUTELY sure it doesn't have an after-market air filter fitted, except the official STi one which is ok. Otherwise you will sooner or later have the engine go (as I did) because of an aftermarket filter. Bye bye 3000 quid . But before the engine went (actually caused by MAF sensor being killed by the filter) it was 55000 miles and simply the best everyday Classic I've been in - quiet but burbly in normal driving; let rip and it sounds amazing! Drive around all day with the rear windows down . Made 255bhp/254lbft on two separate different rolling roads and feels worlds away from the standard car. Same speed as an STi 8 (ask BMWhere? ).

Good price for this car! Mine was brought in from Holland btw to save tax and I've had no problems.

Still own it .

Richard

Last edited by Moray; 18 August 2004 at 02:24 PM.
Old 17 August 2004, 08:58 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate what scobby have you got? and where are you located?

Originally Posted by sKunk
Congrats man! Hope to see you at some scottish events this year
Old 17 August 2004, 09:35 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Moray,

The STI panel filter (I have it in my 2003 WRX) is the safest filter for an Impreza - he is not saying yours has one - it will probably have the standard Subaru one.

Brian
Old 18 August 2004, 08:51 AM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Hello Brian,

Sorry was confused there, I will get use to it. How does your WRX fair against the car I am getting on Sunday?

Regards,
Moray

Originally Posted by wrxmania
Moray,

The STI panel filter (I have it in my 2003 WRX) is the safest filter for an Impreza - he is not saying yours has one - it will probably have the standard Subaru one.

Brian
Old 18 August 2004, 01:20 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance

Moray,

Sounds like you've got a good motor - same as mine

The alarm strongly suggests that the car has got here by some non-standard route, but as long as it's Euro spec (not JDM) you're home and dry. Jap imports often have problems because they are mapped to run on 100RON fuel and the ECU can't cope.

If the engine upgrade is a pukka Prodrive Power Pack, there should be a certificate with it bearing your registration number. However, PPPs are often taken off and sold on (mine was). If the car has blue Prodrive piping under the intercooler, and Prodrive stamped on the back-box, it's almost certainly pukka.

PPP cars will run safely on normal unleaded, but go much better on Super Classic-shape cars are also faster than the new-shape becuase they are a lot lighter - the equivalent of three adult passengers

Enjoy

Richard.

Quick Reply: 00MY V Reg Prodrive Imprezza