Sponsored by:

Has anyone got a Mul-T-Lock?

Search this Thread

Old 07 July 2000, 01:41 PM
Triggaaar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Do they intrude passenger space, as suggested on a previous thread?

Do they stand out to thiefs more than a barrier deadlock?

What advantages does a barrier deadlock have over a Mul-T-Lock? I haven't seen either, but they do the same thing, the Mul-T-Lock is supposed to be more visable (which must be good) but the barrier deadlock seems more popular.
Old 07 July 2000, 01:54 PM
brooks
Scooby Regular

I have a Barrier Deadlock. I am really happy with it. It gives me more confidence than the alarm/immobiliser. The Multi Lock locks around the gear stick and has a piece of bright yellow plastic on it. I find it really ugly. The Deadlock is almost invisible ( unless you get under the car). The only sign of it are the stickers on the windows warning about it and the sliding barrel which protrudes ( by 2cms) from the passenger well when not engaged.
Old 07 July 2000, 03:17 PM
PeteC
Scooby Regular

I haven't got one fitted yet (I will though) but I agree with Brooks. It's an excellent high quality additional security system.

For visual deterrent, get a Disklok.
Old 07 July 2000, 03:44 PM
Triggaaar
Scooby Regular

Smile

Thanks guys. I agree with you both - from reading the threads, it is an excellent system - but since it can't be seen (except for stickers), won't the thieves break in anyway?

I will be getting a disklock/autolock as well, but for the one time that a wheel lock doesn't put them off, a visible transmission lock would be good - I don't want them breaking in, even if they don't take the car.

So is the Mul-T-Lock not better?
Old 07 July 2000, 04:03 PM
PeteC
Scooby Regular

IMHO I don't think that the Mul-T-Lock is all that common ( - I haven't seen one on a car yet), and whilst from the pictures it certainly looks visible, it could easily be confused with some of the other devices that hook around the gear lever and which are pretty useless. Therefore, I'm not convinced that the "visible deterrent" bit is all that relevent in this case.

I would just go with whichever system you feel most comfortable with.
Old 07 July 2000, 04:13 PM
Andy H
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I have a multi T lock fitted to MY99 along with various company vans and cars.

Yes it is very visual when fitted and does stick out into the foot well a bit, but its not too bad.

I didnt get it fitted for the visual deterant part as i spoke to some "naughty boys" and they told me they were a bugger to defeat and usually didnt bother with cars fitted with them.

Saying that, having now seen a barrier lock, i think this is a much neater looking job and and would spend the extra to have one of these fitted next time.

Andy H
Old 07 July 2000, 05:33 PM
Triggaaar
Scooby Regular

Question

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Andy H:
<B>I didnt get it fitted for the visual deterant part as i spoke to some "naughty boys" and they told me they were a bugger to defeat and usually didnt bother with cars fitted with them.
[/quote]
Andy,
If the "naughty boys" didn't bother with cars fitted with them, surely the visual deterant was well worth it. Or are you suggesting that they would thoroughly check if the vehicle had one before breaking in?