ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

SCUM in Kidderminster - Be Warned...

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2000, 07:09 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

A Scooby owning friend of mine who lives in Kidderminster, went out to his car a couple of days ago to find his intercooler scoop missing from the bonnet and some nice creases in the bonnet for good measure...

If you see some cant in a farking nova with a mica-green bonnet scoop grafted in, T-bone the wakner!!!

His clifford system doesn't have a movement sensor which may soon be altered. He has no option but to park it on in the road.

He's going to have to stump up the cash, as it just dips under his insurance excess.

He's loath to drive the car, not wanting to risk heat build up in the intercooler/turbo.

Max Power - farking low lives and their "cruises". It's the attitude this kind of trashy magazine prompts this kind of problem, and 1.2 Novas full of kids in baseball caps overtaking on blind bends...

(I apologise for my pseudo-anglo-saxon, but I'm less than pleased for the guy).
Old 29 June 2000, 08:05 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

Richard,

This must have been gutting for your friend, they have my sympathy.

Out of sheer curiosity, I have to ask: Have you ever actually bought and/or read a copy of this magazine? I suspect you haven't, as it actually takes a very dim view of car theft and vandalism! You appear to be stereotyping certain (supposedly) young offenders under the all encompasing "Max Power" label... not exactly fair or rational behaviour on your part.

Furthermore, suggesting violence ("T bone them") towards these people isn't really that clever either, is it?

Oh, and before you ask, yes, I have been the victim of theft and vandalism against my own cars in the past, more than once... it is gutting, but there is no point or need to drop to the level of the persons who have committed the crimes.

Crumbs, I'd hate to see what you'd have written if this had actually happened to you, rather than to your friend... after all, this could be a family show at this hour, couldn't it?!

Moray

[This message has been edited by MorayMackenzie (edited 29-06-2000).]
Old 29 June 2000, 10:32 PM
ids
Scooby Regular

Talking

Squiz

I agree. The barstewards did the same to mine TWICE !!! and I live near to Kidderminster. Wait till they do it again and find all the razor blades when they dig their fingers in.

It cost me over £200 notes for scoop, vents and paint. They deserve all they get if you ask me.

Ids
Old 29 June 2000, 10:46 PM
Nikolai
Scooby Newbie

The thing that really ticks me off (as this could be a family show) is being done over by friggin' amateurs.

I've had the radio done three times, but always by pro's, they never make a scratch and very kindly leave the wires neatly dangling out of the dash. You have to admire the technique.

As to the vandals - brainless low life - Squizz is too soft.
Old 29 June 2000, 11:24 PM
zoog
Scooby Regular

Razor blades eh, nice one!
Old 30 June 2000, 12:18 AM
IanF
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I went to a Supra meet at the weekend. Included a bunch of idiots racing their cars with a crowd spectating at the side of the road.

I went to a Scooby meet last year, where some owners seemed to think hammering their cars and fishtailing them through a small village was their idea of fun.

Passed by the Windsor cruise at the weekend and dropped in. Everyone quietly parked up, no racing etc etc.

Personally I don't read Max Power etc etc, but every group of people whether they be cruisers, Scooby owners, Supra owners etc have their idiots. Let's not generalise please.

I am sure with a bit of thought the Scooby doesn't need the scoop. I am sure half of the attraction of the car is the aggresive looking nature of the front of it.

Regards
IanF
Old 30 June 2000, 09:06 AM
Rider
Scooby Regular

Look, I don't want to sound like some sort of liberal or something, but I say BURN THE LITTLE SODS!
I live near Colchester, and saw a pathetic little Nova with a red scoop stuck to it. Why? WHY? Buy one of those tiny turbo Daihatsus, for chrisakes. I'm really at a loss to work out just why the slap scoops on cars that don't need them. I mean, I don't sit around the office wearing a set of false norks, do I?
Old 30 June 2000, 10:18 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Wink

Moray,

Indeed, it was knee jerk reaction time...

However, Kidderminster and more often now, Worcester (my patch) is becoming the hangout of the stereo-typical "Max-Head". Yup, I admit to originally reading that rag, and I still buy it if there's a decent Scoob article in it...

However, I really am disgusted by some of the trash written in it, and the glorification of some of the worst anti-social and dangerous behaviour - "Cruisin'"

I was upset for my friend, as like me, he'd basically saved for years and hocked everything he owned to be able to buy his dream...I despair.

The whole situation is indicative of the attitudes of certain members of the community when it comes down to punishing young offenders who repeatedly commit such crimes...But I would say that, my Dad's a copper!!

Just remember...

"Let's be careful out there"
Old 30 June 2000, 11:27 AM
sickboy
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Bad news that.

Moray, I can't believe you are sticking up for Max Power! Yes I have "READ" it- most recently I was given to me free at the BTCC Final at Silverstone. How I laughed.

Anyhow, back on topic. Some peoples lives are so badly affected by crime that often violence is the only way they can think of getting even. Two wrongs don't make a right etc but if you have ever been hospitalised as a result of an assault on your own drive because someone was vandalising your car, you would know. (Oh that'll be me then!) My dad (at the time a Chief Super in the Met) got a broken wrist trying to apprehend them. Turned out one was the Mayor of Suttons son. The Police and mainly CPS screwed things up and they got off- not even a slap on the wrist. Next time I'll be throwing the first punch and taking my chances (blimey that happened 7 years ago and I still get angry).

Finally, wouldn't a scoop that was ripped off be unusable ie too damaged? That would be galling.

My tip is you stick pins around the inside of the scoop. Each is dipped in tubocurarine (Indians use is to paralyse their prey!) It isn't lethal (in the right doses). So you find Johnny scrot nicely subdued next to the car, and take him for a "spin".

You ain't seen me right...
Old 30 June 2000, 11:52 AM
DavidRB
Scooby Regular

Wink

Take them for a spin? You can easily fit two of them in the boot and dispose of the bodies later. Ooops...
Old 30 June 2000, 02:45 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

My brother in law (He's 16) reads Max Power etc, I read Max Power etc when we go visiting, nearly every thing in this months Max Power and Fast car has a Scooby type scoop.

Back to the scumbags.
Wimbledon couple of weeks ago Came back to the car at about Midnight and found front & Rear wipers, Front Grill, fuel filler flap & Fuel cap all missing, I think they tried the mirrors as well be without sucess. PC Plod were not interested.

Wimbeldon last weekend, had a very nice chat with a couple of 20 year old, proved very interesting, they knew about my car and even gave the name and address of the scum who did it. Told PC Plod who were still not interested.

1 dark night, 1 dark alley way etc you get the drift.

Old 04 July 2000, 04:27 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Why don't the thievivg little scum go out and get a dam job. God, it makes me so mad when i read all these stories of theft and mindless vandelism.

I would just like to say, just in case the thieving gits who robbed my peugeot 306 approx. a month back in the south wales area are reading this. (no chance probably) Yes you know who you are, you have my speakers and six disc shuttle in your possesion, and i want them back please. Either that or i will take something of yours. Something you need. Oh yes and smashing my mothers window on her car whilst you were making your little getaway really pi$$ed me off. Your dead anyway scum. (i have a long blond hair in my possesion which i found lying next to the seat). Is it yours?
Sorry to rant everyone, but it just makes me so mad. rant over.My sympathy goes out to you all (victims of crime)
Old 04 July 2000, 06:39 AM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sqizz,

My sympathies to your friend, I've been a victim myself. Many times!

Personally, I have noticed an alarming increase in the amount of 'Max Power' Pugs in the Milton Keynes area with Impreza air scoops. One hasn't even bothered to respray his, it's still a distinctive Scoob red, as opposed to the darker red of the Pug. And besides which he appears to have just glued it on top of his bonnet.

I raised the question of the disturbing increase in this particular crime on the BBS a few months ago, but was greeted with cries along the line of 'maybe he bought it'.

Yeah Right!

With regard to punishment, I think that you have to be more reasonable and enlightened than 'T-bone the B*****ds'.

Castration and ritual disembowelment with a rusty spoon would be far more appropriate.

Josh
Old 04 July 2000, 08:10 AM
blubs
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sympathies to all on here who have been victims.
Touch wood, I have only been a victim of petty vandalism and an attempted break-in at the house.

However, my brother spent all his time and money doing up his first car only to have it stolen in the first week. Never got it back, killed by higher insurance premium as result of claim etc etc.

Did another car up, same thing happened. This time the car, (or what was left of it), was found in a field. I can still feel the burning anger when I saw him putting anything left of use into a plastic carrier bag to take home. I could have cried for him. They caught the scumbags who did it. They got community service. My brother then spent 18 months with no car and cycling an 8 mile round trip to work. The lowlife spent 130 hours working on the steam railway in LLangollen.
Difficult to suss out who is the victim isn't it?

Sh4g them with a ragmans trumpet I say.

blubs

[This message has been edited by blubs (edited 04-07-2000).]