Sponsored by:

Import service problems?

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2004, 01:44 PM
Cornishblue
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Import service problems?

Hi there. Im 2 weeks away from collecting a new WRX import from Bristol. It is a uk spec car but will i be able to get a uk dealer to do a service?

The company i am buying the car from can service it, but I live over 120 miles away in Cornwall, so is realisticlly too far to go. my nearest dealer is in Plymouth which is still 70 miles away.

Also thinking of fitting new exhaust the Afterburner vortex form Scoobyworld. any comments about the product.

Thanks
Old 28 May 2004, 01:49 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depending on where your car comes from, you will need to register it with IM in birmingham.
Once this has been done then you shouldnt have any problems servicing the car, you will however have to conform to the service intervals from the country of origin or else you will invalidate your warranty, along with any mods you may do..... be warned!

Tony
Old 28 May 2004, 04:32 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Depending on where your car comes from, you will need to register it with IM in birmingham.
Once this has been done then you shouldnt have any problems servicing the car, you will however have to conform to the service intervals from the country of origin or else you will invalidate your warranty, along with any mods you may do..... be warned!

Tony
Bottom Line with EU Imports
Register with IM use this letter

Subaru Warranty Administration,
Subaru UK
Ryder Street,
West Bromwich,
West Midlands
B70 0EJ

Dear Sir/ Madam

New Impreza WRX Registration xxxxx xxx (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

I note that you ask for the original sales invoice from the country of origin. I bought the car new in the UK in Pounds Stlg and I enclose

1. Copy of the original sales receipt.
2. Copy of the service manual indicating the PDI was carried out in an EU Member state, presumably where it was shipped to from the manufacturer.

3. Copy of the EU certificate of conformity validating the VIN.
4. Copy sales invoice from the supplier in Holland to Supplier in the UK

If there is any additional information you require please do not hesitate to contact me.

The service schedule is printed in the Service and Warranty booklet I trust that this is the one to follow:
5000km (3,105) miles) 3 months
15,000km (9,315 miles) 12months
30,000km (18,630 miles) 24 months etc

Please can you inform me that my Warranty is registered and will be valid in the UK?

Thank you for your kind help

Yours sincerely

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++

UK Service Garage
Don’t do any other servicing as it could be held against you, and anyway it’s not necessary as IM know what they are doing with service schedules.
Old 28 May 2004, 04:44 PM
Wrexy27
Scooby Regular

I have an EU import which has been modded so no warranty BUT local Subaru Dealer quite happy to service it and seemed to have no problem taking my money!
Old 28 May 2004, 09:37 PM
subaru-impreza.org
Scooby Regular

I guess that any scoob garage will service the car kindly but the warrenty is the main issue here. I asked the subaru cardiff garage about the immport and in general they have said....

The import scoob can be serviced here (cardiff) but if anything goes wrong the warrenty is in the country of origin.... so Subaru UK contact the country of origin to query something and that could take a lot longer than the uk (if you know what i mean.)

Gareth