Sponsored by:

Which Swissol to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2004, 05:13 PM
UHF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Swissol to buy?

I've been using Zymol now for about 2 years and i'm just coming up to the end of the stock of it I bought a while back and after hearing so much good things being said about Swissol wondering whether I should swap to it or not?

I've had a look at whats available and to be honest the range of products is mind boggling, so I guess i'm after something for the following if anyone can provide advice.

I wash it every week in the summer so i need the car wash stuff first I guess and then something to polish it with, whats with the mad range of things available. Someone care to enlighten me.

At present I just wash with Zymol Car Wash every week and every 2 weeks give it a run over with Zymol Wax!
Old 12 April 2004, 05:20 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

UHF - if you just want a shampoo and wax then, you need to be looking at Car Bath (Shampoo) and either Onyx, Samurai or Teflon Shield Wax to complete the job, (would recommend the Teflon based Shield wax).

If you want to take it further, and do a more thorough job, then look at clay bar kit (removes tar spots, dead bugs etc) followed by Cleaner Fluid (for removing swirl marks, dead areas of paint work & light scratches), then waxing.

If you do the complete routine, i.e. car bath, clay bar, cleaner fluid and wax then the job usually takes around a day to complete but the results are stunning.

Hope this helps. If you drop me an email and I'll send you a detailed instruction leaflet on the range and how to use.

cheers

Neil
www.scoobyworld.co.uk
Old 12 April 2004, 05:27 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Did my car this morning using Zymol. Washed,clay bar, HD cleanse and then wax. Took me about 4 hours. Looks superb though.

Chip.
Old 12 April 2004, 06:18 PM
UHF
Scooby Regular

Neil, Thanks for the info, sounds like the complete thing is hard work, I use the car every day so spending all that time getting it clean only for it to have crap chucked all over it the next day is probably a bit overkill but I could see why you'd want to for a special occasion.

I'll probably go for wash and wax style products since thats what I can afford to do every week (time wise and no doubt financially wise too).

I dont know how much you get but £100 for the sheild wax product does sound an awful lot considering the results from a bottle of zymol for £14.99 from Halfords looks fantastic (admittedly i've not seen a Swissol finish yet).

Neil, may i suggest that you add some information about quantities to the site, I see lots of tubs of wax varying in price from £39.99 to £280 (whoa) and none of them mention how much you actually get and how many times you can do your car with it, this is a very big factor when deciding to spend £40 ot £100, I'm sure they're all similar sizes if not the same but I could justify £100 on wax if I could do the car 20 times cos for me thats 6months worth

Last edited by UHF; 12 April 2004 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12 April 2004, 06:24 PM
Gills Fan
Scooby Regular

UHF...try Meguiars mate !! Not expensive and very very good. Trust me
Old 12 April 2004, 07:39 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi UHF

Swissol is an excellent product. I wash my car weekly, wax it every month & cleanse every 6 months.

I used to use Zymol but now use Swissol. You need the car bath - buy the 500ml bottle. I use the Saphir wax, I estimate that it will last me 2½ years+. It's really easy to buff after an application. You will also need the standard cleanser, get the small bottle. I'm only on my 2nd cleanser after 6 years! You can probably get all this stuff cheaper together in a starter pack. Also important to use the wash cloth to wash the car with. Using it instead of a sponge means that you can wash the cloth every week & keep it clear of grit. Get at least 2 buffing towels. I use an Autoglym synthetic chamois.
Old 12 April 2004, 08:07 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by UHF
may i suggest that you add some information about quantities to the site, I see lots of tubs of wax varying in price from £39.99 to £280 (whoa) and none of them mention how much you actually get and how many times you can do your car with it, this is a very big factor when deciding to spend £40 ot £100, I'm sure they're all similar sizes if not the same but I could justify £100 on wax if I could do the car 20 times cos for me thats 6months worth

Good idea....I'll have sizes and estimated lifespan added to each product in the range.

Car bath at 250ml should last at leat 12 months (mines lasted 18, using it each weeken). Wax tubs - all the same size and usually good for at least 12-18 months worth, every 4-6 wks, - if used correctly.

Neil

Trending Topics

Old 12 April 2004, 08:19 PM
Creepy
Scooby Regular

I have the Full Swissol Master collection (a litlle custom filled, no leather care products....)
I ordered my set in Germany, it was just the quicker and cheaper way to Belgium (were I live)
In the beginning I was also a litlle sceptical about the price compared with the amount of product, use sparingly, clay-cleaner-wax and so on....

But I'm a real car nut, love my car (and my wife) an finally I ordered the full monthty, just because I want to have all the products to do the whole car (with the same brand...)

I also ordered separatly from this MC2 cleaner from Mark Underwood, wich is also excellent (as you already knew) for engine and wheels...

All the products are really good, very easy to use....
What surprises me the most is that my car is now as smooth as silk, and you barely can see that the bottles are used. Like they claim in the book, you really have to use it sparingly...

Don't worrie about that thing : Clean on Sunday, dirty on Monday.
Your car will we sooo smooth that all the dirt will fall of by just using a water jet.
And it is a great way to spend a Sunday, you will have a clean car and in the time you use for cleaning you will save fuel and the risk of a ticket,

Creepy
Old 12 April 2004, 08:30 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Gills Fan
UHF...try Meguiars mate !! Not expensive and very very good. Trust me
There speaks the voice of somebody who can't afford Swissol then. Trust *me*, Meguiars in a different league. A league below.

I see lots of tubs of wax varying in price from £39.99 to £280 (whoa)
You didn't notice "Divine" wax then, at £1,200...???

UHF, i reckon the must-haves include the clay-bar process and the Cleaner Fluid. Once you've done these two, it's just a matter of maintenance, rather than a hard slog every time. Swissol - reassuringly expensive.